Allure questions

Hello, we have a few questions, a couple I have asked awhile ago only that I get different answers so appreciate anybody that can help us with our questions.

1- When you board the Allure, were there workers right there that go around trying to get the specialty dining reservations done...we hoping we can avoid going to the restaurants and just be able to find somebody taking reservations where we enter the ship? (they did this on the FOS and LOS)

2- I heard the Windjammer is very crowded the day of boarding for lunch, what time did you board and was there a line to get in and how was it to find a table to sit and eat?

3- We paid for the premium drink package, do we get the "sticker" when we get our shipboard cards or do we have to go to a bar and get the sticker?

4- I have to be gluten and dairy free, does the cafe promenade or the sorrentos have any types of salads, grilled veggies for italian meats (like the FOS and LOS had)?

5- How many electrical sockets are in the stateroom (we have balcony off cat 5)?

6- Does anybody have the spa menu with the list of the services and costs?

7- What time is the MDR open till for breakfast on sea and port days?

Thank you.

You have to either call on the phone or go to a single restaurant to make reservations. I went to one on Deck 8 (Giovanni's table), and made all my reservations for the dining package I had in about 5 minutes.

In fact I preferred to be on deck 8 when embarking because we ate at the Park Cafe which was quite good. It is much nicer sitting outside in Central Park instead of fighting the crowds at the windjammer.

I am sure the "sticker" will instead be printed directly on your card when you receive it. This is the case for the Soda package

There are three outlets on the desk.

Edited by reedl

Did you dine at any other restaurant besides Giovanni's or do you mean at Giovanni's they helped you with the other restaurant reservations? Which specialty restaurant did you like best and least?

I am going to have to eat in the windjammer, I have to be both gluten and dairy free and the windjammer has the foods i can eat, vegetables, carved meats, potato, rice, etc. The Park cafe is sandwiches, can't eat any type of bread so that be extremely limited for me to find something to eat.

Thats great if the sticker is imprinted already on the card thats smart...and three outlets is wonderful wow! Usually only had one or two. lol

Just got off the Allure of the Seas last Sunday. You're in for a fine cruise.

There's representatives from the dining staff on the Royal Promenade on deck 5 offering various dining packages when you board. You can choose a dining package at that time. We only did the Chef's Table, but it was excellent! It's a 3 hour dining experience with food and wine pairings. We would do it again.

You can find different salads in the Park Cafe. You can pick your salad ingredients and they'll make it up in front of you. There's also pre made salads too. Park Cafe was our favorite lunch spot for salads, their delicious roast beef sandwiches, other sandwiches, panini sandwiches, soaps, side salads, soups and little desserts.

Happy cruising to you! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

One more thing, you can have meats added to your plate or to your salad at Park Cafe. I had shrimp and roast beef on my salads and there was turkey and ham as well.

Clarea thank you for the review have a dr appt soon will read when I get back home, thank you.

Eurodate that is wonderful to hear there be people taking reservations when we board on deck 5 (assuming we boarding on deck 5 lol), what deck do we board on this ship?

The soups will all have gluten, sandwiches are all gluten and then that leaves me just salad in the Park Cafe so I will go to the Windjammer to get a better lunch more variety/selection. Thank you!!

OOO they can add meat to the salad thats great definitely will give it a try another day for sure.

Clarea thank you for the review have a dr appt soon will read when I get back home, thank you.

Eurodate that is wonderful to hear there be people taking reservations when we board on deck 5 (assuming we boarding on deck 5 lol), what deck do we board on this ship?

The soups will all have gluten, sandwiches are all gluten and then that leaves me just salad in the Park Cafe so I will go to the Windjammer to get a better lunch more variety/selection. Thank you!!

OOO they can add meat to the salad thats great definitely will give it a try another day for sure.

Yes you do board onto deck 5 promenade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I pre-purchased my drink packages but had no sticker (this past week). I had one put on the first bar I went to.

As to restaurant hours, if you are sailing the eastern route check my post earlier today as I posted a full set of Compasses.

The Windjammer always seems crowded; I tend to eat breakfast and lunch at the Park Cafe. It also gets crowded, but at least it is centrally located meaning you can take food from there anywhere.

Don't forget to check the Wipeout Cafe; while it has a limited breakfast/lunch menu it may be easier to get in and out of than the Windjammer. Only downside is that it has no inside seating.

Hello, we have a few questions, a couple I have asked awhile ago only that I get different answers so appreciate anybody that can help us with our questions.

1- When you board the Allure, were there workers right there that go around trying to get the specialty dining reservations done...we hoping we can avoid going to the restaurants and just be able to find somebody taking reservations where we enter the ship? (they did this on the FOS and LOS)

You can easily bypass these people and go to the venue you want directly later on. Many people do this after lunch and about the time others are going to their rooms and find no lines.

2- I heard the Windjammer is very crowded the day of boarding for lunch, what time did you board and was there a line to get in and how was it to find a table to sit and eat?

I boarded as Emerald both times on Allure, so there were a signtificant number on board before me, but I was on board before 75% of the passengers, and the windjammer was difficult. The difference between 2011 and 2013 was the Park Cafe secret is out and that is now real crowded by noon or so. We have sat alone and ate on the boardwalk at the Dog Hause for our first lunch both times. Later, before muster we walked right in the Park Cafe and got the famous Roast Beef, it made a nice snack to hold us to 2nd dining.

See above, for what I could help with.

Thank you everybody another question I read other posts the past many months where people stated that they had their ac on the coldest setting only to find it getting warm during the night in their cabins, has this happened to anybody here?

I set mine half way down on the coldest setting to sleep comfortably, but found it getting warm in the early morning hours. My husband liked it warmer though. I was on the starboard side, if that makes a difference.

I would ask about the soups. They won't all have gluten in them. The servers should know what ones do and what ones don't!

I run a restaurant and I make many soups that are gluten free.

If you are gluten and dairy free and require special diet..please contact special needs at (866) 592-7225 They are not just here for those with mobility issues..they can help tremendously.

Did you dine at any other restaurant besides Giovanni's or do you mean at Giovanni's they helped you with the other restaurant reservations? Which specialty restaurant did you like best and least?

I am going to have to eat in the windjammer, I have to be both gluten and dairy free and the windjammer has the foods i can eat, vegetables, carved meats, potato, rice, etc. The Park cafe is sandwiches, can't eat any type of bread so that be extremely limited for me to find something to eat.

Thats great if the sticker is imprinted already on the card thats smart...and three outlets is wonderful wow! Usually only had one or two. lol

When I went to Giovanni's table, I made reservations for all of the restaurants at that time. I would guess as long as they are not busy they would do it for you.

As to how busy Park cafe and central park was, we boarded with the Platinum group and immediately grabbed two seats before going into the Park Cafe. It worked well for me.

You have to either call on the phone or go to a single restaurant to make reservations. I went to one on Deck 8 (Giovanni's table), and made all my reservations for the dining package I had in about 5 minutes.

In fact I preferred to be on deck 8 when embarking because we ate at the Park Cafe which was quite good. It is much nicer sitting outside in Central Park instead of fighting the crowds at the windjammer.

I am sure the "sticker" will instead be printed directly on your card when you receive it. This is the case for the Soda package

There are three outlets on the desk.

No, they handle the alcoholic packages differently. There is nothing printed on the SeaPass; you have to get the sticker put on after you board. (at "any" bar)

We just left the Allure yesterday (still missing it).

As for the AC in the room, it was quite cool in the room at the coldest setting at all times. We were in a Grand Suite.

Something to note that some may not be aware of (our room attendant pointed it out). There is a "master switch" at the door to turn off all lights in the room. If you turn that off, it also turns off the AC. Our room attendant mentioned it would get warm at night if we used that to turn off all the lights versus the individual switches.

Eurodate you said you set yours only half the coldest setting, did I understand that correctly...so if I set it as low as possible perhaps it won't get warm? Where was your room forward, mid, aft?

I assume they have that heavy bedding on the bed am I correct? I can just ask them to leave the sheet and add a regular blanket has anybody done this before on this ship?

Readytoloose- I tell you to be both gluten and dairy free its so difficult, I will ask thank you.

Sharpice, I can't ask for any special arrangements, we are booked 5 evenings in the specialty restaurants and eating in the MDR only twice maybe once if we decide to add another night specialty dining.

Merion-Mom I thought I needed to get a sticker at the bar, I am sure they have record of us purchasing it in the computer, how do I prove we paid for it should I bring the receipt of the bill?

Cbatsea I thought there only be one or two, its ok, like you said we just unplug and plug our things and take turns.

thrifty99- I heard of this master switch, but how do I know its the master switch LOL?

We just got off Allure sunday and had a fabulous trip! Our seapasses had the drink sticker already on them when we got them. Our AC stayed at the coldest setting. I only noticed it getting warm in the room when we used the balcony door. The constant opening/closing and leaving it open didn't help. Took it a little extra time to cool off. I don't think we ever used the master switch.

Lyndamr,

Yes, if you set your thermostat all the way down, you should be cooler. I use the heavy bedding and pulled it off when it got warmer. We were on the forward starboard side with the bed next to the closet. I didn't like this setup as it makes access to the closet rather tight.

Don't forget to check the Wipeout Cafe; while it has a limited breakfast/lunch menu it may be easier to get in and out of than the Windjammer. Only downside is that it has no inside seating.

I know the Wipeout Cafe has burgers, hot dogs, fries, pizza, etc for lunch, but I don't think I was aware that they serve breakfast there. What kind of food is it?