Electrical outlets

maurinsky2

In the regular cabins there will be one 110vUS outlet and one 220v European pin outlet.

There is a low powered one in the bathroom above the mirror.

Suites might have a few more.

The 110 outlet, which is over the desk, can be used with a power strip. The power strip must be in very good condition or you won't be allowed to use it.

The outlet in the bathroom is for "shavers only".

I've seen the 220 outlet's, but (unfortunately :() haven't needed to use them (yet!).

Yes, the first thing on your packing list should be a 6 plug power strip.

With today's need for everything electrical and needing to charge, this is the single most important thing you need to pack.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

The power strip is one of the first things were throw in the bottom of the suitcase, in between the shoes joust to make sure we don't forget it. We only had one item at a time plugged in last cruise, which was either the phone for music or the tablet for books or games, but I know if we don't pack it next cruise, we'll wish we had.

Never leave home without one - by air, sea or road trips in a car. It's in the gadget bag (small packing cube) along with cables & accessories, etc. This is an older version with two .5A USB charging output - the newest one has high output suitable for iPads and tablets that require up to 2A charging rate. Also has a flexible USB-powered LED night night (cheap add-on from MicroCenter)

SDC10354-Belkin%20Power%20Adapter.JPG

Most netbook, notebook & laptop PC or Macs will auto-switch and run on 220 volt power with its OEM adapater/charger - check it and plug yours into the 220 outlet (probably require an Euro/Asia style adapter, inexpensive & easily found at Dollar/99cents Store all over here in the US and of course, on *Bay and *Mazon, etc.)

P.S. The newest one online is around $20 to $25 so the $12 to $15 ones are likely the older model, still very good - solid with connected electronics warranty, used mine flawlessly for 7 or 8 years now..

Edited by mking8288

I just bought a mini USB surge protector power strip made by Belkin for travel. I haven't gotten it yet otherwise I would post a photo. It has three normal US 110V outlets and two USB outlets so just take the USB cords and skip the wall charger. The strip rotates around the plug so no matter the configuration of the wall plug you can rotate the strip for best alignment. I bought it on Overstock dot com for $12. In fact I bought two, one for travel and one for the house.

I just bought a mini USB surge protector power strip made by Belkin for travel. I haven't gotten it yet otherwise I would post a photo. It has three normal US 110V outlets and two USB outlets so just take the USB cords and skip the wall charger. The strip rotates around the plug so no matter the configuration of the wall plug you can rotate the strip for best alignment. I bought it on Overstock dot com for $12. In fact I bought two, one for travel and one for the house.

egsc5u.jpg

On the desk:

kf1i75.jpg

In the bathroom (it's in the ceiling over the mirror. DH had problems with his cord falling out a lot, and had to wind up using the outlet on the desk)

Hey Schmoo!!!

Are you sure that's a pic of the outlets on the Splendor? I do not remember seeing a UK outlet on Carnival until the Inspiration. I know I sailed the Splendor before the her.

Hey Schmoo!!!

Are you sure that's a pic of the outlets on the Splendor? I do not remember seeing a UK outlet on Carnival until the Inspiration. I know I sailed the Splendor before the her.

I didn't say it was on the Splendor. OP asked "How many are there in a typical cabin? Where are they located?"

These pictures were taking on the Inspiration this past Feb.

On the conquest at least the outlet marked 220 was a combination europe/US plug that would accept the normal EU plug, and a 2/3 prong US plug. It is still 220V but Laptops and iPhone/iPad adaptors work in it.

I tried it and it worked great, with no travel adaptor needed.

I didn't say it was on the Splendor. OP asked "How many are there in a typical cabin? Where are they located?"

These pictures were taking on the Inspiration this past Feb.

Sorry if I accused you of that:(.

It's just confusing that different ships in Carnival have the different types of outlets.

In the regular cabins there will be one 110vUS outlet and one 220v European pin outlet.

There is a low powered one in the bathroom above the mirror.

Suites might have a few more.

On the Pride the shaver outlet was made extra useless by being switched with the lights. In other words it cannot be used for a nightlight.

As noted, there is an outlet in the bathroom, usually up near the light fixture. It's for an electric razor, and is connected to the light switch. So, when you turn off the light, you also turn off that outlet. We take a battery powered night light that we put in the bathroom at night before going to bed. As some others have noted, we also use a Belkin mini power strip. I bought ours at Home Depot. Good investment.;)

because there are two Belkin chargers that appear identical

Belkin part number BZ 103050 has two USB charging ports but the amperage is only 0.5 amp. This item is usually listed on sites as Belkin Mini Travel Surge Protector [or words to that effect].

Belkin part number BST 300BG has two USB charging ports with a combined amperage of 2.1 amps. This item is usually listed on sites as Belkin SurgePlus Swivel Charger.

I use the the BZ103050 at home [because I can charge my smartphone, etc with its own charger] and it works fine; simply used as a surge protector. But if you need the higher amperage, pay attention to what you are purchasing.

• 1 month later...

I was on the Inspiration for the first time last week and was very confused by the 220 outlet in the room. I have what is supposedly a "universal" adapter that has plugs for US, UK, EU and Australian outlets. However, NONE of these plugs fit into the 220 outlet in my room.

I was able to use my US power strip on the 110 outlet, so I didn't have a problem, but I still am curious as to why my adapter didn't fit the 220. Is it some sort of proprietary outlet, or one that's no longer in common use?

I was on the Inspiration for the first time last week and was very confused by the 220 outlet in the room. I have what is supposedly a "universal" adapter that has plugs for US, UK, EU and Australian outlets. However, NONE of these plugs fit into the 220 outlet in my room.

I was able to use my US power strip on the 110 outlet, so I didn't have a problem, but I still am curious as to why my adapter didn't fit the 220. Is it some sort of proprietary outlet, or one that's no longer in common use?

I've seen some clothes dryers that run on 220 v. that have that type of plug, but I don't think anyone brings their dryer with them. Not sure what else would fit that plug.

Unfortunately I did not take a picture, but I think it might've looked like the 220 outlets on the left of the photos with the red backgrounds on the first page of this thread (the ones posted by Shmoo Here and Sadie N.)