where to keep sea pass

In all the years I've been on cruise critic I've never heard a story about a seapass being stolen and/or used by someone else. I suppose it's happened, and has been reported here, but it has to be VERY rare. Just leave it tucked in a book or sandal or something, or if that worries you most mens swimsuits have a Velcro or zipped pocket.

On the ship when we swim we leave them in the beach bag.

On excursions on ports of call we have DH put in zippered swim suit that has zippered pocket.

He also carries a water wallet with small bills.

Sea Ya

On the ship I keep mine in my pocket or a small purse I sometimes carry. On the ship In the pool or hot tub I just keep it in my beach bag within my line of vision. I've never had a problem.I don't care to wear it around my neck:D

On the ship when we swim we leave them in the beach bag.

On excursions on ports of call we have DH put in zippered swim suit that has zippered pocket.

He also carries a water wallet with small bills.

Sea Ya

I so thought that said something else... I thought the I was an A lol. serves me right for reading with no glasses! :p

In the gift shop on the ship they sell small waterproof cases for $5 that can keep your seapass, some cash, and a few other cards (e.g. credit card and ID if you're in port). You can either put it in a pocket or it includes a Royal Caribbean lanyard for wearing around your neck. You can also get them online with a generic lanyard (I'd recommend the Witz keep-it case).

Thanks for all your replies, you have given me some good ideas as to where to keep my pass. I didnt realise the passes are waterproof as this will be our 1st cruise.

*nod* The "keep it with you at all times" is because that's what gets you anything that costs money, is your room key, and (aboard) the sole identification you'll likely ever need. Beyond that, though, it's easily re-encoded or reissued if lost, and the old one can be invalidated as soon as guest services hears about it. All the records access comes with a photo of you taken when you board, so someone even attempting to buy a drink with your card can be seen as "this is not the same person" and security alerted.

Guest maddycat
Thanks for all your replies, you have given me some good ideas as to where to keep my pass. I didnt realise the passes are waterproof as this will be our 1st cruise.

You can also have a hole punched in your seapass card and then clip it onto a wrist band or a lanyard. They will punch a hole for you at the guest services desk.