Price drop, who do I notify?

dptt

I notice Princess has dropped the price of our cruise by over $70. We paid in full to our Travel agent last month. Should I contact the travel agent or Princess? Am I entitled to a refund or even an increase on board credit? Thank You.

If you booked through a TA, I would contact them. You probabaly won't get a refund, but may be offered OBC or an upgrade, depending upon the fare type. Often, if it's a Flash sale, it's for new bookings only. Bottom line is, it can't hurt to ask!

I notice Princess has dropped the price of our cruise by over $70. We paid in full to our Travel agent last month. Should I contact the travel agent or Princess? Am I entitled to a refund or even an increase on board credit? Thank You.

If you are past final payment date, most likely the price drop is for new bookings only. If you have OBC or any other perks with the fare you have, don't expect to keep them if you switch to another promotion. If you booked with a TA contact them.

You can have a balcony, for example in 4 or 5 different price catagories. Depending on location in front, forward mid, middle, aft,premium balcony and so on. You may already have a better deal than you are seeing for current price. If you click on your sailing in princess site , then to the type of cabin booked you will see different prices. The advertized price is the starting price for that cruise.

Where does everyone see these prices? Is it on the Princess website? If that prices go down on the website, my contact says that isn't my level room or our deal is better. What am I missing?

Flash sales are rarely shown on the Princess website. They are known to Travel Agents and in some cases can be in e-mails from Princess.

Where does everyone see these prices? Is it on the Princess website? If that prices go down on the website, my contact says that isn't my level room or our deal is better. What am I missing?

It's a good idea to monitor the website daily (My dentist does it 4X daily). I saw a reduction, called my TA immediately and saved $300+. :)

I check several times a day but I know what is listed is a starting price and will vary by location. So I hate to be a pest with the Princess contact when the price goes down. I did several times last year and she said I still had a better deal on our cabin. I should be happy with our 150pp OBC. But a free DOD is a free DOD.

Awhile ago, I saw discounts on balcony cabins for my upcoming Alaska cruise in August. As someone pointed out above, you really need to pay attention to the cabin classes in order to see if it applies to your (already assigned) cabin class.

In my case, I don't recall if the price drop for mid-ship premium (Caribe) balcony was even $50, which would have negated my initial booking perk. I could have, however, "downgraded" to a Baja balcony and saved $150 pp. Unfortunately we're traveling with 2 other people, so I didn't want us to be on two different decks, and at opposite ends of the ship.

Such is life............

I notice Princess has dropped the price of our cruise by over $70.

Actually, they didn't change the price of your cruise whatsoever. They changed the asking price for new customers who have the flexibility to clear their calendar on relatively short notice to occupy a cabin that Princess hasn't sold yet.

We paid in full to our Travel agent last month. Should I contact the travel agent or Princess?

Neither.

Am I entitled to a refund or even an increase on board credit?

Not entitled to a refund. Not entitled to an increase in OBC.

You paid a different price because you wanted a choice of cabins and/or you wanted the assurance that you'd have a spot on that cruise so you could buy early-bird airfare, be first in line for vacation time at work, coordinate with doctor's appointments, etc.

Actually, they didn't change the price of your cruise whatsoever. They changed the asking price for new customers who have the flexibility to clear their calendar on relatively short notice to occupy a cabin that Princess hasn't sold yet.

Neither.

Not entitled to a refund. Not entitled to an increase in OBC.

You paid a different price because you wanted a choice of cabins and/or you wanted the assurance that you'd have a spot on that cruise so you could buy early-bird airfare, be first in line for vacation time at work, coordinate with doctor's appointments, etc.

We call our TA.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Its possible, talk with your TA.

We booked direct through princess not a TA. I noticed today our room class went down $100pp. When I called Princess, they were very nice about it and checked very thoroughly with mulitiple people. But, in the end said the price I was seeing was for new bookings only. It was worth a try :) Same thing happened to us a few months ago and that time they gave us the lower price.

On average, how far out before sailing do the run the flash sale's

Usually starting abouit a week after final payment date.

The flash sale price may get better as embarkation date approaches and cabins are still unsold.

call your TA and insist they speak with Princess. We got 2 price drops and an extra $200 in OBC so far on our upcoming cruise. It never hurts to ask and pay no attention to the nay sayers; I know of many who got perks after final payment including upgrades and OBC; it's always worth a try.

we had a price drop and contacted the TA. we were offered an upgraded room or more onboard credit. it was the difference on aloha deck balcony to caribe deck balcony, we know the balconies are bigger on the caribe deck but we took the credit (our rationale was more money for wine lol).

it can't hurt to try.

i'm editting to add that we were past our final payment, if that's any help.

Edited by crabby5

I paid $200 more for a deluxe balcony then the mini suite is now on sale for in the same section of the ship.

When I found a major price drop on an upcoming cruise I called my TA and saved over $600. At that time I could have upgraded to a mini for very little more but chose to keep my aft balcony room and asked that it be marked as "no upgrade for any reason". I figured the chance of an upgrade to a full suite was "miniscule to non-existent" and I was booked into C752 on Grand Princess. I really want to give that cabin a try. :)

Princess is having a summer clearance sale going on now on their website.

I called yesterday and got a great saving and more obc.

I booked through princess and our cruise planner is great.

But you would save more money with a discount TA