I have not sailed without a balcony since _______!

Since December 2011 on the Carnival Spirit to Hawaii

The only reason why I ended up in a Balcony -8K was because I was able to upgrade from an interior for $90 per person. Other than that I am not really fond on paying high prices for a balcony. I rather cruise a few times a year.

I'm not one of those "once you go balcony you'll never go back" don't mind interior staterooms just get me on a ship ;)

For all you balcony lovers, is it because you are smokers? Just wondering...

Neither my wife or I smoke. We love balconies for the fresh air, the stars at night, the sunsets, the sunrises, the sound of the ocean sliding by below, having coffee in the AM and room service at night.

They are incredible!

Kevin C

I have cruised on the Glory in 2009 and Splendor in 2012. I had an oceanview and an inside cabin respectively. I hate how you lose track of time in the mornings on an inside cabin.

Cruising again in June on Valor for a belated honeymoon with my wife (married and had a baby in late 2013). The two of us just booked two rooms for the June 22nd sailing as there was no single supplement for this sailing.

We actually ended up with and aft wrap and one of the large balconied L shaped rooms on Verandah deck for 500 bucks less than if we tried to book the two of us in the aft wrap together!

Booked on the opposing sides of the ship so we will always have primo view going in or out of our port intensive itinerary

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

It's not a requirement for me. Of the 15 cruises I've taken, 9 have been in a balcony stateroom or suite with a balcony, so I suppose I cruise with one more often than not. However, my last cruise (Breeze) and upcoming cruise (Disney Fantasy) are both family ocean view staterooms. Sometimes I would rather have the extra space with the family stateroom than the balcony... and it's a bit less expensive!

My first cruise was around 2001. It is the only cruise I've been on without a balcony.

I use my balcony as moch as som people sit by the pool. As long as it is the shady side of the ship, I'll be sitting there with my drink watching the ocean go by.

How about I haven't sailed WITH a balcony since I discovered my favorite OV rooms with 2 windows. The rooms are ginormous and so convenient. I can't see paying extra for a balcony. Especially on Carnival where smoking is still allowed and they don't have sliding glass doors. The balcony door slamming gets old real quick for me. No more.

So I haven't sailed with a balcony the past 3, getting ready to make it 4, cruises next month.

It's been awhile for me since I last sailed without a balcony. It was April 2004, my 3rd cruise (2nd with Carnival) and my 1st balcony. On the Carnival Victory for 7 days, from Miami to the Western Caribbean!!!! :D

We all know that for most of us, once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

SO I can say that I have not sailed without a balcony since July 2003.

The first balcony I had was on RCCL Navigator, and I have not sailed without one since, and I doubt I ever would.

Let's see who has gone the longest, fill in the blank.:D

June 1988 was my first cruise, inside cabin. Balconies ever since. September we will be on the Sunshine in our first AFT balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jujibee

Nope, nothing to do with smoking. I like having the fresh air, having a place to sit in peace and enjoy the sea go by, a place to sit and enjoy coffee in the morning. So many reasons to have a balcony.

I come from the opposite end....in 40+ cruises (since 1974) it's been so long since we had either a balcony or OV, I can't remember....maybe in the early 90's we had natural light in a cabin

Since 2003, we have gone on full charter Jazz cruises, every year, all inside on the lido deck

Because of all the music, never in the cabin long enough, to justify spending the extra $$$$

Nope, nothing to do with smoking. I like having the fresh air, having a place to sit in peace and enjoy the sea go by, a place to sit and enjoy coffee in the morning. So many reasons to have a balcony.

Ditto...only for us, its coffee in the morning for hubby and a nitecap for me in the evening.

We have only cruised 4 times, our fifth will be next year but we won't cruise without a balcony. We use our balcony all of the time. We are not pool people, or bar people so our cruise consists of us relaxing on our balcony.

Started cruising in 1983. First balcony was in 2002 (Voyager of the Seas). All balconies since with the exception of a few "ladies only" 3 night cruises due to their budget restrictions. But if its hubby and me, on those three nighters, the only balconies are suites, so we get them just so we can have the balcony.

My first balcony (junior suite) will be on 7/7/14 on Imagination for a 4 day out of Los Angeles.

This will be my thrid cruise and I already know I most likely will not be going back to OV after this trip. I am a former smoker and only smoke non-tobacco e-cigs so that really is not the issue.

The reasons I am choosing a balcony and why I doubt I will ever go back:

:o My Spaniard smokes regular cigs and I hate having him disappear for smoke breaks for long periods of time.

:p Even if the Spaniard didn't smoke traditional cigs, we would definitely take advantage of sun bathing, eating and drinking on the balcony.

;) Since the Pacific Coast is blessed with dry heat/low humidity all year round, the thought of sleeping with the balcony door open to hear the waves is VERY exciting to us both!!!!

:D Spaniard & I have different morning routines. I like to wake early and have breakfast in the MDR and he likes to sleep in and get room service. I am anticipating how wonderful it will be to order coffee for us and breakfast for him from room service and have it delivered early so I can enjoy a pre-breakfast coffee on the balcony and he can enjoy his breakfast out there when he wakes up!

Lastly, but probably most importantly ... category 11 cabins (balcony junior suites) are very attractive in that there are only 34 cabins on the ENTIRE DECK?!?!?! Talk about privacy & peacefulness!!!! This alone has us the most excited!!!

I booked cabin V30 (OV) and although the view is going to be minimally obstructed, I love the reduced rate for a OV junior suite and could pass up on the savings. Maybe next year I will graduate to a junior suite non-obstructed view! Baby-steps right? :p

If anyone has pictures thy can share of the balcony/junior suite on Inspiration V30 please point me in the right direction as there is not any I could find on this site or others.;)

Edited by bdever

Personally, we haven't experienced a balcony yet and I was considering upgrading our ocean view to a balcony but with the new balcony sale, I don't like that Carnival chooses the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope, neither of us. I owned my own restaurant and the wife is an Oncology RN. We need maximum downtime away from everything. I enjoy just watching the waves and the wife enjoy looking for wildlife and reading.

We are sailing on the Valor in June, our first cruise ever, and have booked two balcony rooms. One for us and one for the kids (lucky little terds).

Non smokers. Just want the balcony. Fresh air, sunshine, extra room, private space outside. :)

We are sailing on the Valor in June, our first cruise ever, and have booked two balcony rooms. One for us and one for the kids (lucky little terds).

Non smokers. Just want the balcony. Fresh air, sunshine, extra room, private space outside. :)

What date sailing? My wife and I will be sailing the Valor in June on the 22nd

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk