Pullman bed query with child - rccl did not tell me when reserving room

For what it's worth, it's super easy to make a DIY bedrail by rolling up a few towels and placing the roll under the fitted sheet at the edge of the bed-- it's pretty much impossible to roll uphill over a bump while you're asleep. It's worked with our now-5-year-old through many hotel and guestroom stays.

The issue is not what happens if someone falls out of the pullman or who gets hurt or where they land. The issue is that the RC rep did not have the correct information.

How about just cancelling the cruise(if time permits) and then rebooking the cruise with someone who actually knows what they are doing.

OP location is Cambridge.... if it's the UK one we lose our deposit if we cancel.... :mad:

Op are you by any chance crown and anchor members? If so try contacting crown and anchor I think you were outside us here is the number. 541-285-9723. If I am wrong and you are within the us the number is 800-526-9723. I recently had an issue in which I called the personal vacation planners and was basically told they could do nothing. The next day I called crown. And anchor and the problem was solved above and beyond my expectations. It never hurts to ask. What have you got to lose. You may even come out better than expected. Can't say enough about crown and Anchor for their help

If they stated there was a sofabed then I would call and get what I asked for, they do record the calls and there is your proof. Keep escalating until you get someone who can make it happen. You should not have to pay extra to et what you asked for in the first place. I know this will not help now but I always have the deck plans in front of me when making a reservation so I know exactly what I am booking. Good luck to you.

• 9 months later...
Hi,

Called recycling 2 months ago as interested in a cruise for us and our 5 year old daughter.

Lady was nice on the phone, and reserved a cabin for me, and I left the call with the impression it had a sofabed.

Paid for, and recently found out that it has a Pullman bed from the roof, not a sofabed, and they aren't recommended for under 6 yr olds, certainly not mentioned.

My query is has anyone had a young child sleep in these beds, and is it completely safe?

I'm not happy with rccl for this confusion and have complained, but they only seem able to offer me an upgrade at a higher price difference than advertised on the website currently. I don't mind paying extra if necessary, but I expect a little movement on their part as I feel it was missold.

Thanks,

Dalcross

I don't think they should be required to upgrade you for free, because whose to say the Pullman is only for children? Why not let the kids sleep in the regular bed and the adult in the Pullman? As far as Royal Caribbean is concerned, there are enough beds in the room for the people booked and it's not their concern that the parents (adults) don't want to give up the regular bed. Just a technicality and I don't think legally or morally they're going to feel the need to upgrade you just because you don't want to put yourself in the Pullman instead.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I don't think they should be required to upgrade you for free, because whose to say the Pullman is only for children? Why not let the kids sleep in the regular bed and the adult in the Pullman? As far as Royal Caribbean is concerned, there are enough beds in the room for the people booked and it's not their concern that the parents (adults) don't want to give up the regular bed. Just a technicality and I don't think legally or morally they're going to feel the need to upgrade you just because you don't want to put yourself in the Pullman instead.

OP was told they reserved a cabin with a sofa bed, so that is what they should get.

According to your logic, if there was a hammock on the balcony, that would just be fine also.

I think CC needs to create/implement an "Auto Close" feature on threads which sit dormant. No need to keep resurrecting threads which haven't been active in ten months.

Perhaps after 30-60 days the thread locks, is still visible, searchable, and available, but not open for reply.

Thoughts?

Where is the like button? OP clearly stated he/she was under the impression the stateroom had a sofa bed.

On our last cruise, on Radiance of the Seas, our daughter was 3. Our cabin attendant told us she was not allowed to sleep on the pullman bed due to her age. I'm pretty sure there was also a sticker (or something silimar) on the bed stating the age limit. The first two nights, hubby slept on the pullman and my daughter slept in the big bed with me. The bed was so huge that we tried sleeping with her between us on the third night. We had plenty of room, so that's how we slept for the rest of the cruise. It gave us extra space to move around at night too as we didn't have to duck under the pullman every time we walked around that side of the bed / to the phone. They wouldn't have known if we had let her sleep in the pullman, but I wasn't going to risk it. If we had hit big seas during the night and she had rolled out, I would never be able to forgive myself if she was injured.

On our last cruise, on Radiance of the Seas, our daughter was 3. Our cabin attendant told us she was not allowed to sleep on the pullman bed due to her age. I'm pretty sure there was also a sticker (or something silimar) on the bed stating the age limit. The first two nights, hubby slept on the pullman and my daughter slept in the big bed with me. The bed was so huge that we tried sleeping with her between us on the third night. We had plenty of room, so that's how we slept for the rest of the cruise. It gave us extra space to move around at night too as we didn't have to duck under the pullman every time we walked around that side of the bed / to the phone. They wouldn't have known if we had let her sleep in the pullman, but I wasn't going to risk it. If we had hit big seas during the night and she had rolled out, I would never be able to forgive myself if she was injured.

Happy to see this because we plan on having our daughter sleep in between us as well. Was being on the "crack" of the two beds a problem?

Happy to see this because we plan on having our daughter sleep in between us as well. Was being on the "crack" of the two beds a problem?

No, not really. Our daughter didn't notice it at all and she was sleeping right on top of it. (She was only 3 though.)