Queen Mary 2 on channel 7 at 6.30pm tonight

i noticed in the tv guide that they are showing the QM2 on channel 7 at 6.30pm tonight for 1 hour....is this a repeat

I just came here to post the same thing. In my dreams.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Enjoyed watching it again. While onboard we did a ships behind the scenes tour so was great to be able to show husband (who didn't come with me) where we went. Now a transatlantic is on the list.

Only saw one officer I'd met on the Bridge. Otherwise an entirely different crew from last month.

I think the show was made in 2009. There were some odd comments about the ship's age and number of cruises.

I would have liked to have seen a little more of the passenger side. Guess I will have to win the lotto and experience it myself.

Yes a repeat as I am sure now the Oasis and the Royal are said to be larger

Think you will find that QM2 is the the biggest "ocean liner" as opposed to the largest "cruise ship" which is of course the Allure of the Seas.

And the difference between a ship and a liner is?:confused:

Very little these days. An ocean liner was designed to sail across an ocean from a port in one country to another port in a different country eg a TA from NY to London, essentially a means to get from point a to point B. A cruise ship was for sailing a return loop to the one port over a relatively short distance eg a Caribbean cruise from Miami to Miami.

Clearly the lines are now blurred, although a case can be made that there are different ships for each of these occurrences, even though some do a combination.

Very little these days. An ocean liner was designed to sail across an ocean from a port in one country to another port in a different country eg a TA from NY to London, essentially a means to get from point a to point B. A cruise ship was for sailing a return loop to the one port over a relatively short distance eg a Caribbean cruise from Miami to Miami.

Clearly the lines are now blurred, although a case can be made that there are different ships for each of these occurrences, even though some do a combination.

Thanks for the explaination. Sort of clears it.:D

NO NO NO... !!!!

There is a huge difference between a Cruise Ship and an Ocean Liner.

It all depends on their bottoms..:D

An Ocean Liner was intended for travel from one destination to another , (before the advent of air tavel) and as such had no choice about avoiding the weather of going around a cyclone. They had to plough through whatever the elements could throw at them.

They were designed with deep V hulls so that they could cut through the water , where as a cruise ship has a flat bottom hull

Liners also have long bows to deflect the waves which would break over the top of them.Check some out on Google images and compare the length of the bows with the snub nosed cruise ships of today.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

NO NO NO... !!!!

There is a huge difference between a Cruise Ship and an Ocean Liner.

It all depends on their bottoms..:D

An Ocean Liner was intended for travel from one destination to another , (before the advent of air tavel) and as such had no choice about avoiding the weather of going around a cyclone. They had to plough through whatever the elements could throw at them.

They were designed with deep V hulls so that they could cut through the water , where as a cruise ship has a flat bottom hull

Liners also have long bows to deflect the waves which would break over the top of them.Check some out on Google images and compare the length of the bows with the snub nosed cruise ships of today.

Now that puts it much more simply, the shape of the hull/bows is the determinant. Thank you.:D

Hey Mic. Approx every 3 nights is a formal night. Approx. You can still eat in the buffet and not dress formally on formal nights but there are still some dress rules like no shirts or denim anywhere after 6pm. On non formal nights people still dress as though they are going to a nice restaurant if eating in the MDR.

Hey Mic. Approx every 3 nights is a formal night. Approx. You can still eat in the buffet and not dress formally on formal nights but there are still some dress rules like no shirts or denim anywhere after 6pm. On non formal nights people still dress as though they are going to a nice restaurant if eating in the MDR.

Thanks, I watched the show and I thought it would be like you described but it seemed like it was black tie every night. :D

BTW, Even I wouldn't go out in public without a shirt after 6pm.:p