Lanyard?

We've never used lanyards, and have never ever noticed anyone on a ship wearing them. I'm sure there have been people doing so and we didn't notice, so I guess we weren't passing judgement on their fashion decision:D If you want to wear a lanyard go for it and don't worry about the opinions of others.

What other option is there for a teenage boy with no pocket in his swimsuit and who I doubt I can get to carry a purse?

I use a twisty wrist band, less conspicuous than a lanyard, but convenient. I think we got them at CVS or Walgreens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I use a twisty wrist band, less conspicuous than a lanyard, but convenient. I think we got them at CVS or Walgreens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

IMO the card is too big to wear on the wrist. *I* wouldn't do it, but I'm not going to judge someone who does. :D

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

Just came off the Jewel of the Seas this weekend. Saw lots of people wearing lanyards. All the kids that go to the club wears them and I saw parents wearing the kids club one. It isn't a big deal either way. Guest Services punched a hole in mine and my daughters so we didn't need a pouch. If you are at the pool, it isn't convenient to carry a bag or something just for the card. One of my kids wore hers religiously. My other daughter got a belt type clip and put hers in a plastic pouch as she wasn't into wearing it around her neck. The wife wore hers. I wore mine when I was at the pool, then tied it to the chair and covered it with a towel when I was in the pool. The rest of the time, when dressed up or off the ship, I rolled it up and put it in my pocket. It is better to have it and be able to get to it quickly at the bar or shops, rather than fishing in a pocket or in a purse. I wouldn't stick it in a wet swim trunk pocket.

The gift shop on the JOTS sold all sorts of them, even real blingy ones. Never saw that on NCL or even Disney although Dis, gives you one at check in.

Do what you want. If you get judged for wearing a it, I would just twirl my lanyard at them and laugh my azz off. :cool:

Thanks to all who posted. Goodness, but this seems to be a very diverse opinion topic, like the dress "code" at dinner I asked about earlier. I think I will maybe pick up some cheap, cute ones for the kiddos, a sports one for hubby, & then check out the "lay of the land" so to speak. It's all good. :)

I use a type of lanyard that clips onto the waistband of your pants and has a retractable cord on it. I clip it on the waistband of my pants and then my top covers it and no one can see it. I even use it on my dress pants. It is always handy and no one will know you are wearing one. I purchased it in the gift shop on board. I also bought one at a local store. I like it better than wearing it around your neck. It also keeps it from getting demagnetized from any electronic device or magnets in or on your purse.

Gwen :)

honnestly who cares if someone wears a landyard. You are probably never going to see 99.99% or 100% of the people ever again. I have worn one before and it didnt bother me. I think its just because I dont care what others think of me. :rolleyes:

good attitude.

For those people who are so upity that they think lanyards are tacky and unfashionable and don't belong on a cruise ship, I can suggest a place to stick your card but I'm too "refined" (sarcasm) to mention it here butt, pardon the pun, I'm sure you know where I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

For those people who are so upity that they think lanyards are tacky and unfashionable and don't belong on a cruise ship, I can suggest a place to stick your card but I'm too "refined" (sarcasm) to mention it here butt, pardon the pun, I'm sure you know where I'm talking about.:rolleyes:

Where's the LIKE button!!!! :D

Good lord.... a lanyard. Really? Who cares who wears a lanyard and who doesn't.

Interesting to note that its ok to wear a purse that you hang around your neck/shoulders, but not ok to wear a lanyard.

Next stop on this trip.... MDR formal wear! Ding! Ding!

I never said people should not wear lanyards. Someone asked how we carry our card and I just said I use a small purse. I personally don't care who wears a lanyard and who does not.

I use a type of lanyard that clips onto the waistband of your pants and has a retractable cord on it. I clip it on the waistband of my pants and then my top covers it and no one can see it. I even use it on my dress pants. It is always handy and no one will know you are wearing one. I purchased it in the gift shop on board. I also bought one at a local store. I like it better than wearing it around your neck. It also keeps it from getting demagnetized from any electronic device or magnets in or on your purse.

Gwen :)

I use something similar for my work pass & it's quite discreet, I normally store my sea pass in my bra if stuck without a pocket or bag while pottering on ship. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premier-Badge-Reel-ID-Card-Holder-Free-P-P-/221281572211

I have to wear a lanyard at work with my id so wearing it on vacation makes me feel like I'm at work so I refrain BUT I loved the lanyards for my children. They were of the age they checked themselves in and out of their age group activities on the ship. With it around their neck, they never sat it down or lost it!

My favorite part was at night they hung them on the back of the stateroom door so they were easy to find! We still do this!! I brought magnetic hooks for the back of the stateroom door....an idea I read on these forums years ago.

My girls are older. We don't use the lanyards as much but like the wristbands. We can wear them on the wrist, around the ankle, wrap them around the pool bag handle, and drop them in a clutch.

Again, I'm not there for fashion. I just want to have my card handy for beverages and don't like to misplace it.

Find the system that works best for you!