Upgrade Fairy Visit

spyro1952

Doin the happy dance after visit from the fairy. Booked IF guaranty for 26 day TA & Baltic on Royal and this am was notified of cabin assignment C 131. Wasn't thrilled but thought "whatever", got too much going on right now to worry about it.

Checked my CP this afternoon (sheer habit) and noticed new cabin, E 604 obstructed balcony. Happy Dance :D !

Lucky you! We were the recipient of a free upgrade on the Royal last summer...inside to handicap balcony...huge cabin!

And free hasn't worked out exactly to be free...forgot how much we loved balconies (smoking from neighbor balconies was always an issue) and since then have taken two cruises and booked balconies! M;).

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Lucky you! We were the recipient of a free upgrade on the Royal last summer...inside to handicap balcony...huge cabin!

And free hasn't worked out exactly to be free...forgot how much we loved balconies (smoking from neighbor balconies was always an issue) and since then have taken two cruises and booked balconies! M;).

Princess knows what they're doing with upgrades. They count on passengers being "spoiled" by the better cabin.

Last week at a hotel we stay at often they upgraded us to a fireplace suite. When we thanked them the desk clerk said, "We're no dummies. We figure you'll book the suite every time you come."

Edited by FritzG

Doin the happy dance after visit from the fairy. Booked IF guaranty for 26 day TA & Baltic on Royal and this am was notified of cabin assignment C 131. Wasn't thrilled but thought "whatever", got too much going on right now to worry about it.

Checked my CP this afternoon (sheer habit) and noticed new cabin, E 604 obstructed balcony. Happy Dance :D !

Wow, thats a good one! Inside to Balcony! Upgrade fairy must be having a good day. Enjoy your cruise!:D

Can an upgrade happen anytime or is there a specific time period? In other words, how to close to sail date can un upgrade happen? We have a great midships balcony but if the offering is truly an upgrade, we'll take it! :D

Can an upgrade happen anytime or is there a specific time period? In other words, how to close to sail date can un upgrade happen? We have a great midships balcony but if the offering is truly an upgrade, we'll take it! :D

It can happen anytime.

Right up to the day before sailing.

We got a double upgrade on Celebrity last year from balcony to concierge, to aqua class. This was also thanks to our TA. She made it all happen. Never got upgrade on Princess yet. We are booked for Dec. 4 Hawaii from L.A. We'll see what happens. I believe this can happen if there is plenty of availability a few months before sailing and lot's of times after the final payment. They can't refund you, although I heard it happened, but it's just easier for them to keep the money and upgrade.

Thanks everybody!! Will try to do some posts live from the Royal and hopefully keep a journal so I can do a review when I return. Leave Thursday for Ft. Lauderdale, driving up to Orlando Thursday evening, and then driving back to the port on Sunday!! Can't wait! Very excited to be on the Royal for an extended cruise.