NCL we had to leave you

SFO-F/A

Royal Caribbean has a 9 day Hong Kong to Singapore this October and it was sold out in January. Sounds like Asia and/or Australia are waiting for NCL, and it could be the reason I try someone different. I have not taken all the cruises yet that NCL has to offer, but I am sure geography will come into play once I have been in most of the NCL ports. I have a few years to go, so hopefully new cruises will be added soon, next 4 years perhaps.

We have not sailed with NCL yet. We have a cruise on the Getaway planned for early next year. I was really disappointed with one of the stops being Nassau, but I really wanted to go on the Getaway. I too, wish they would update their schedule.

Need to change up sailings from NY also, or at least change ships around. We would love to go to Bermuda again this summer ( not doing the Florida/Nassau run again) but would much rather be on the Gem than the Breakaway.... can't they switch ships one summer? Very torn between ship/crew we love, or port....

Safe sailing

Well I'm going back with NCL after a 5 year break this summer, two weeks out of Venice and fantastic itinerary.

That said if you look at my cruise history I go on quite a few different cruise lines as I enjoy different types.

Looking forward to returning to NCL :cool:

The main problem is that it's impossible to economically reach those southern caribbean ports on a weeklong itinerary from Miami. Carnival and RCI have the flexibility to handle the weeklong staples and the longer, more exotic itineraries because they have larger fleets to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will be in the same boat, no pun intended, if NCL doesn't bring back its 10-11 day winter cruises that were dropped in 2016. :( 7 days is not enough time to escape Midwestern winters!

I was really upset to find out there wont be a 10/11 day crusie next winter 2015 but I have been looking at one simular on RC ...we like NCL but I am with you 7 days isnt long enough

Need to change up sailings from NY also, or at least change ships around. We would love to go to Bermuda again this summer ( not doing the Florida/Nassau run again) but would much rather be on the Gem than the Breakaway.... can't they switch ships one summer? Very torn between ship/crew we love, or port....

Safe sailing

Yep, NY itineraries have spoiled me with convenience - being in shoreline CT! :) We did Bermuda out of NYC on Dawn back in '09.. loved Bermuda and since it's been a while, we're looking at going back late May this year on Breakaway to sample NCL's 'mega-ship' Breakaway Class. We've done a number of trips on the Jewel Class and really enjoy these ships - so we're a bit apprehensive bout BIG 'ol BA.. we'll see.

Boy, I could have posted this, but we are staying loyal: the main reason, we have reached the stage in life where physically and financially we only cruise once or twice a year. With the platinum perks, we are staying with NCL. We do have the same category on Princess but we are not Princess types and would prefer the same old ports to sailing Princess.

NCL: how about sailing more to St Kitts, stopping at ports along the Atlantic coast when relocating to Boston, Trinidad, Grenada, Turks, etc. And there are other places on the west coast. I just know sailing the same old, is getting boring.

YES YES YES and how about Aruba Bonaire and Curacao. I am bored stiff and only on my 7th cruise. But I love how we are treated! (platinum as well....long story!)

:rolleyes:

The main problem is that it's impossible to economically reach those southern caribbean ports on a weeklong itinerary from Miami. Carnival and RCI have the flexibility to handle the weeklong staples and the longer, more exotic itineraries because they have larger fleets to work with.

Excellent points: we did a week long hitting the southern ports on NCL about 10 years ago, but that was out of San Juan. They would have to jump back into that market. I still think there are ports further north that would be accessible other than what they now are using. I have noticed a few new ports for 2015/16.

YES YES YES and how about Aruba Bonaire and Curacao. I am bored stiff and only on my 7th cruise. But I love how we are treated! (platinum as well....long story!)

:rolleyes:

We have done Aruba and Curacao but I wish they would add Bonaire

You Say, Platinum, long story, it might be similar to our being elite on Princess, a long story as well.

Edited by newmexicoNita

This is us - we love our perks and freestyle with NCL, but to explore more of the world we will be on a 17 day cruise to Asia next April - had to finally jump ship just to do something else - same old itineraries in the Caribbean and four times in the Med. (which I love) on Epic (same shows with no change) is not for us every year.

But on a bright note: we originally booked a South American cruise on RCCL for next Feb, but now that NCL is putting a ship in SA we will change or RCCL cruise and jump back onboard NCL for SA (if they ever post those cruises on their website:rolleyes:) and maybe do a Caribbean on RCCL (I really want to try the Oasis and some new Caribbean ports). And we are also booked for the British Isle cruise with NCL for Fall 2015.

Please NCL, you have given us some more options, when can we start booking them????

NCL, South America????? Where did you read that? We're booked for 2015, will have to do it in 2016.

NCL, South America????? Where did you read that? We're booked for 2015, will have to do it in 2016.

NCL's March 12, 2014 press release said the Sun is returning to South America winter 2015/2016, but the schedule and pricing haven't been released yet. Press release has been quoted in several posts here and is also available on Norwegian's web site.

Edited by herdingdogmom

While I'm not abandoning NCL ... I do wonder why some of the more exotic Caribbean destinations have been virtually phased out... Nothing against St. Maarten, Tortola and St. Thomas, but I would love to see the return of the Southern Caribbean itinerary and the Exotic Southern Caribbean Itinerary that visited places like Dominica, St. Lucia, even Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, and the like. These are doable from Miami.

Maybe these 150,000 ton ships are the problem. Maybe the more exotic ports can't handle them.

We just did a simular cruise in Feb (Miami,on the Sun) and before that the Dawn did it another time we went. Nothing for Jan Feb next year 2015 because the Pearl is being used for charter. We are very diappointed about it, we like to crusie the longer cruise and extend it with a stay in Key West ...

There are a few 10 and 11-day cruises on the Pearl out of Tampa early next year, but they are limited. The ports are great - Aruba, St. Kitts, St, Lucia, and others. Wish they'd add more dates.

I looked for them and didnt see any !!

The Southern run is usually a 10/11 day cruise , we have done them 2 times.

NCL's March 12, 2014 press release said the Sun is returning to South America winter 2015/2016, but the schedule and pricing haven't been released yet. Press release has been quoted in several posts here and is also available on Norwegian's web site.

Thank you! Happy to hear this news! :D

Guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

The Southern run is usually a 10/11 day cruise , we have done them 2 times.

As have I...

I mentioned the impossibility of reaching southern caribbean ports on weeklong Miami itineraries because most people here seem to want to see those ports, but NCL is forced to stick with shorter weeklong itineraries because they are much more accessible to the markets they are trying to reach.

I am still waiting for a South Pacific cruise with NCL. Was hoping for it in 2015 but it seems its a no go. We have done enough of the Caribbean and we have done Europe. Guess we may be looking at another cruiseline for the South Pacific or Australia. We love NCL but need some new destinations.

We have done Aruba and Curacao but I wish they would add Bonaire

YOWSA! No one seems to do Bonaire anymore BUT Dawn is INDEED doing:

San Juan - BONAIRE - Curacao - Aruba - Ocho Rios - Grand Cayman - Cozumel

on its Repo Oct 30 2015 from Boston.

This def will get extra consideration from me/us now that we are looking at Fall 2015. {*_*}

Edited by mojomorris

I am still waiting for a South Pacific cruise with NCL. Was hoping for it in 2015 but it seems its a no go. We have done enough of the Caribbean and we have done Europe. Guess we may be looking at another cruiseline for the South Pacific or Australia. We love NCL but need some new destinations.

Look at PG cruises for the South Pacific. They do that weekly and know it very well. Once you get shocked by the price, peel it apart as it includes airfare ($1500) and all grats plus all drinks it is not that bad.