NCL we had to leave you

SFO-F/A

Unfortunately NCL has not added any new routes even though it's adding new ships.

We are Platinum loyal NCL'ers, who had to leave our favorite cruise line, and go with one that sails other places we want to visit!

Sailing Australia and New Zealand in 2015 on Celebrity. Will miss our NCL bennies and freestyle! :(

Edited by SFO-F/A

Unfortunately NCL has not added any new routes even though it's adding new ships.

We are Platinum loyal NCL'ers, who had to leave our favorite cruise line, and go with one that sails other places we want to visit!

Sailing Australia and New Zealand in 2015 on Celebrity. Will miss our NCL bennies and freestyle! :(

Oh do I hear you! NCL really does need a major overhaul when it comes to itineraries. NOLA and Houston both have the same itinerary..............the well worn Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya and Belize. We have considered Miami and there is little difference. Cozumel is fine but not times 5.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Edited by kcwingwalker

I could have written this. I still have one Freestyle Cruise Reward, but I haven't been spending a whole lot of time looking at NCL itineraries when it comes to The Next Big Adventure. Our next cruise is currently on Celebrity and after that, we're considering itineraries on Princess, Royal Caribbean, HAL, and maybe NCL's British Isles itinerary. I will definitely miss the platinum benefits but I've decided that what I'll miss most is that laid-back, live-and-let-live Freestyle approach that NCL does so well.

Oh do I hear you! NCL really does need a major overhaul when it comes to itineraries. NOLA and Houston both have the same itinerary..............the well worn Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya and Belize. We have considered Miami and there is little difference. Cozumel is fine but not times 5.

And Tampa too ... :(

I would like to sail the way southern caribbean. It seems Hal and Carnival has a little more choises.

On another note. If NCL were to drop Boston as a home port, I would go to the cruiseline that picks it up.

I 'd love to see 10 and 11 day cruises to Canada , Greenland , Iceland out of Boston

This makes me laugh. I'm looking to do the exact same thing from RCCL and I'm looking to move to NCL. Thought I'd try a new ship at least so I think it may be Escape for 2016. Maybe all the cruise lines have hit a rut internally for the Caribbean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I 'd love to see 10 and 11 day cruises to Canada , Greenland , Iceland out of Boston

I'm not big on flying, but with a few good prescribed meds I would be off to Boston in a minute. Loved Boston, went to college there, worked there, got engaged, we had our first apartment there....................and oh then we hit the road and just about every 5 years a new house, new state.

With that itinerary and a few days in Boston bet it would book up fast.

Feel the same way about Nassau!

E-mail NCL & tell them.

Also to make their canadian trips from Boston round trip as Royal Caribbean is doing, instead of one-way.

Isn't the Dawn already sailing a round trip from Boston - 14 day Canada/NE in Sept 2014 and Sept 2015 - or are you thinking of shorter runs?

Isn't the Dawn already sailing a round trip from Boston - 14 day Canada/NE in Sept 2014 and Sept 2015 - or are you thinking of shorter runs?

Isn't that 14 day considered a B2B? Maybe not, I really have not looked into it. The most I can do for now is upto an 11 day cruise.

Boy, I could have posted this, but we are staying loyal: the main reason, we have reached the stage in life where physically and financially we only cruise once or twice a year. With the platinum perks, we are staying with NCL. We do have the same category on Princess but we are not Princess types and would prefer the same old ports to sailing Princess.

NCL: how about sailing more to St Kitts, stopping at ports along the Atlantic coast when relocating to Boston, Trinidad, Grenada, Turks, etc. And there are other places on the west coast. I just know sailing the same old, is getting boring.

I have to agree - we love NCL but we do not want to go to Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya, Cozumel or Nassau again. Too many ships going to the same old places. Next year we are doing a Rome/Rome on the Epic and we are hoping that maybe 2016 will offer something different. We would love to do a 10 Eastern Caribbean and are hoping they offer it again in 2016. If not we might look elsewhere too. We want to see new places although I am sure many might be happy repeating we are not. We just returned from our 3rd Western Caribbean and were actually bored this time, spent more time on ship.

This is us - we love our perks and freestyle with NCL, but to explore more of the world we will be on a 17 day cruise to Asia next April - had to finally jump ship just to do something else - same old itineraries in the Caribbean and four times in the Med. (which I love) on Epic (same shows with no change) is not for us every year.

But on a bright note: we originally booked a South American cruise on RCCL for next Feb, but now that NCL is putting a ship in SA we will change or RCCL cruise and jump back onboard NCL for SA (if they ever post those cruises on their website:rolleyes:) and maybe do a Caribbean on RCCL (I really want to try the Oasis and some new Caribbean ports). And we are also booked for the British Isle cruise with NCL for Fall 2015.

Please NCL, you have given us some more options, when can we start booking them????

I'm with all of you. Some new itineraries. I'm not as well versed as most about the Caribbean. However, on my recent Western cruise, I realized that I do not enjoy vacationing where it is hot. I live where it is hot 9 months of the year. I prefer more temperate climates. I love Alaska, but my retirement fund needs more funding, and doesn't allow Alaska prices every year. Something more temperate, and family friendly please, NCL. (summer!)

While I'm not abandoning NCL ... I do wonder why some of the more exotic Caribbean destinations have been virtually phased out... Nothing against St. Maarten, Tortola and St. Thomas, but I would love to see the return of the Southern Caribbean itinerary and the Exotic Southern Caribbean Itinerary that visited places like Dominica, St. Lucia, even Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, and the like. These are doable from Miami.

Maybe these 150,000 ton ships are the problem. Maybe the more exotic ports can't handle them.

I have to agree - we love NCL but we do not want to go to Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya, Cozumel or Nassau again. Too many ships going to the same old places. Next year we are doing a Rome/Rome on the Epic and we are hoping that maybe 2016 will offer something different. We would love to do a 10 Eastern Caribbean and are hoping they offer it again in 2016. If not we might look elsewhere too. We want to see new places although I am sure many might be happy repeating we are not. We just returned from our 3rd Western Caribbean and were actually bored this time, spent more time on ship.

The Med cruise is fabulous. We've done it from Barcelona a few times and there's so much to see with few at sea days. Rome, Pisa and Florence in a day, Pompeii, Vesuvius and Sorrento from Naples and Cannes with short rides to Monaco and Eze. We'll definitely be back on the Epic next year I think.

Isn't that 14 day considered a B2B? Maybe not, I really have not looked into it. The most I can do for now is upto an 11 day cruise.

I don't think it is a B2B - but I could be wrong. But yes, nothing less than 14 days on that route that I could see.