Drink Package-how did you like it?

Yes, if you buy the soda package, I believe it is $139, and you can get all the "virgin" drinks you want. Just remember to carry your container with you when on the ship, or when you go to Labadee. My friend didn't carry her container with her all the time, so I don't think she got her money's worth, but that's ok.:)

We had the premium package ($55) on our May 4th Allure cruise. We routinely ordered wine over $12 and only paid the difference. Also, I was never charged additional for any cocktail, including margaritas over $10. Also, we had to sign for everything we ordered every time. From drinks, to bottled water, to dt. cokes.

One interesting note: we were able to speak with one of the head bar managers on our All Access Tour. He said drink consumption was up 50%!! on Allure since implementation of these new drink packages. Its had a big impact on how they stock the ships, especially bottled water. Typical weekly consumption of bottled water on Allure was 5000 bottles per week. With the new packages, it's almost 9000. He said the packages are tremendously popular.

Yes, if you buy the soda package, I believe it is $139, and you can get all the "virgin" drinks you want. Just remember to carry your container with you when on the ship, or when you go to Labadee. My friend didn't carry her container with her all the time, so I don't think she got her money's worth, but that's ok.:)

That sounds like it could be the royal replenish package for a week, $20 per day. Includes soda, premium coffee, bottled water, non alcoholic cocktails etc. The soda package is much less however, $6.50 per day for guests 18 and older.

On this package or the soda package you can get a soda at any bar by showing your sea pass card, you don't need to carry the insulated cup with you.

We will be on the Grandeur later this week and I think my husband is going to get the $55 package. He is a beer snob and thinks the beer list is too short (he likes places that have 200-300 different beers available, I told him to get over it) and he drinks some sodas and water as well. So the $55 will work for him.

Quick question, are you charged for the last day of your cruise as well when they kick you off the ship mid-morning at the latest? We get on the ship on Friday and get off the ship on Friday. So it is $55 X 7 or $55 X 8 days?

We get to Bermuda at 3pm Sunday, with dinner reservations at 5:30 (they shifted early seating by 30 minutes this cruise) so not really going to do much in Bermuda that day. On Monday it is Bermuda day and the island is going to be pretty much shut down and gridlocked so we will probably stay on the ship most of the day relaxing. Tuesday he is golfing for about 6 hours and I will make sure he stocks up on bottled water to take with him. Otherwise, he is going to be on the ship hitting the $55 mark by dinner!!!

I drink only water, no juices, no sodas, no dairy products, no alcohol. Tap water for me. So we are very thrilled that it's not "everyone in the cabin has to get packages". I don't gamble either so I feel like we are going to beat the house on beverages!!! Why this makes me giddy I don't know!

55 times. 7. Just paid mine for our 7 day cruise Sunday to Sunday.

This RCI thread is no different than the Carnival one where poster squabble over the cost of a Bottle that you can preorder and have in your room.

Yes the inflated price is much higher than what they can purchase in a liquor store. But the big picture is it is still less expensive than purchasing by the drink.

The bottom line is to do what you think is best for you.

Hi! Can someone please clarify something for me? If I buy the wine and beer package for $40/day which includes wine at $8/ glass will I have to pay the difference for a glass over $8 or pay the entire cost i.e. 4 vs $ 12 for a $12 wine. Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi! Can someone please clarify something for me? If I buy the wine and beer package for $40/day which includes wine at $8/ glass will I have to pay the difference for a glass over $8 or pay the entire cost i.e. 4 vs $ 12 for a $12 wine. Thanks!

You are supposed to be able to pay the difference, however it seems some servers on some ships have "training issues", and charge the full price.

Am I correct that if my husband purchases the ultimate package that I don't have too?

You are correct but you do have to choose some package.

Not true. One person can purchase a package and the other is not required to purchase any package.

Has anyone using the premium package dined at 150 Central park? I understand you pay the difference for the cocktails I will be doing this for their signature martini :). But for their wine list I know you can add the wine pairings for $55-75.00 Has anyone had trouble using their package on wine at this restaurant I have heard they charge more for wine here? Also can you cheat the system and pay the difference after the $12.00 allowance for a glass of wine? So still getting the extra $75 dollar experience without spending and extra $75?

Also if you buy the ultimate does this include the Starbucks on board? I love my Starbucks coffees :)

Your advice is much appreciated

Thanks!

Has anyone using the premium package dined at 150 Central park? I understand you pay the difference for the cocktails I will be doing this for their signature martini :). But for their wine list I know you can add the wine pairings for $55-75.00 Has anyone had trouble using their package on wine at this restaurant I have heard they charge more for wine here? Also can you cheat the system and pay the difference after the $12.00 allowance for a glass of wine? So still getting the extra $75 dollar experience without spending and extra $75?

Also if you buy the ultimate does this include the Starbucks on board? I love my Starbucks coffees :)

Your advice is much appreciated

Thanks!

The premium package works the same at 150 CP as anywhere else. For the wine pairing, which I did, I received 20% off so it cost $60 instead of $75 because I had the package. I wasn't expecting a discount so it was a nice surprise. None of the "paired" wines are available by the glass so there's no real "cheating the system". My wife had a couple of $16 glasses of wine and paid $4 each for them.

Starbucks is not included with any package.

Hope this answers your question.

The premium package works the same at 150 CP as anywhere else. For the wine pairing, which I did, I received 20% off so it cost $60 instead of $75 because I had the package. I wasn't expecting a discount so it was a nice surprise. None of the "paired" wines are available by the glass so there's no real "cheating the system". My wife had a couple of $16 glasses of wine and paid $4 each for them.

Starbucks is not included with any package.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you it does! Great to know you at least get a discount :) thank you for the information. I didn't think Starbucks was included but the picture that shows the ultimate package shows a frappachino with the green straw a little deceiving!

Excellent - thanks for the reply.

The roving bar servers usually have drinks in souvenir cups, which are not included with any package. You may have to go to a bar in order to get a drink without a souvenir cup.

The premium package works the same at 150 CP as anywhere else.

You mean all the other restaurants on the ship that offer an optional wine pairing of wines not sold individually by the glass? :rolleyes:

But thanks for the info, I hope they're consistent in offering the discount that's normally applied to bottles.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app