Which Carnival ship would you book and not book?

NOSaints1

I would be more likely to book Conquest class over others. Looking to try Dream class. I like the Spirit class but not as much as the Conquest class. I would be less likely to book the Fantasy class though i do love the Imagination. I wouldn't rule out a cruise on a Fantasy class ship but it wouldn't be top of the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've sailed multiple ships in all the classes over quite a few years and at this point only Breeze. Mayyyyyyybe Liberty if there was a spectacular itinerary. I would add the Magic to that list but its in Galveston and I've been there, done that and don't want to do it again.

I have absolutely no use for a Fantasy class ship. I enjoyed the Spirit class but two of them are down under and I won't be sailing the Pride from Baltimore.

I prefer newest and biggest.

Edited by TheTravelista

I haven't found a ship I wouldn't book again. We tend to fall in love with whatever ship we're on. But I would sail Fantasy class only for a short, inexpensive cruise. Loved the size and layout of the Victory for a medium length cruise. Would probably only sail Sunshine, Magic, or Breeze for longer cruise with the kids because of the variety of kid-friendly activities available.

I have been on one Fantasy class, and one "Triumph"? class, (I dont think that one was Conquest class, though it was very similar ) and three Conquest Class.

I loved them all, with a slight preference to Conquest class. I would love to try the larger ships too.

Given the right price, departure port and itinerary, I would book any of the classes ship in a heartbeat!

I have no desire to sail on the Sunshine. There's just too many things about it that I find unappealing. In fact I really wanted to sail out of Port Canaveral for our upcoming big family cruise, but we already sailed Liberty (and we want a ship we haven't been on) and Sunshine is the only other option.

I also am not really interested in Fantasy Class ships, mostly because I have no desire to do short sailings. I would never say never, but it would probably not be something I think we would do.

I REALLY want to sail on the Magic, but Galveston is about the least convenient port for us to go to, so I doubt that will happen until it moves. I was hoping it would move when the Freedom moving to Galveston rumours started but that didn't happen so I guess we'll have to wait.

Edited by MissKIA

I LOVED the Valor, so I'd say the Conquest class is my favorite. I didn't really care for the Splendor, so I would only sail on her if it was super-cheap (and she really isn't). Fantasy class aren't bad for a cheap weekend, but I'd get bored with nothing to do for a long time. The Ecstacy was a pretty good ship, though.

As a general rule I wouldn't book anything smaller than a Conquest class ship. Though I have recently been on the Sunshine and will sail on the Triumph.

I especially don't like cruises shorter than 7 days, I have to travel to far to make short cruises worth the effort.

As a general rule I wouldn't book anything smaller than a Conquest class ship. Though I have recently been on the Sunshine and will sail on the Triumph.

I especially don't like cruises shorter than 7 days, I have to travel to far to make short cruises worth the effort.

I don't like to cruise for less than 7 days either, but B2B 5 day cruises are great, 5-4 day B2B. They are generally cheaper as well. My last B2B was 10 days for $318

For the Valor in November we have av O/V suite and for some reason my DW wants to book only those. She likes the looks of the older ships with the brighter decor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the bigger ships, but for some reason the fantasy ship is appealing to me.

Search this forum for Fantasy reviews. They're really good. I wouldn't have decided on her if I had any reservations. I know she's old school but review after review showed people having an awesome time. There seems to be a certain mindset of people who cruise Fantasy and review her. See if you can spot it, too.

I have a feeling the next cruise we book is the Splendour out of New York to Canada/New England.

DW always wanted to go to NYC.

She should love Manhattan!

- it's a very special place, the Southern half of it, at any rate..

From Central Park, South.

Having sailed them all....

there is not one ship that I would not cruise on.

HOWEVER, there are some cabin configurations that you need to look out for...

For example: We have cruised on the Fantasy probably 10 times...4 to a cabin in a OV.

Last week, we did an OV on the Fantasy and 4 was tight. This is the first time we had cruised on her since the drydock years ago because she went to Charleston. We have always used the trundle bed without a problem, but this time it was just to tight.

So while I would sail on the Fantasy again, I would not put 4 in a cabin.

Edited by LHP

Out of each of the class of ships which ones would you choose and which ones would you stay away from and your reasons why?

Would book Any Spirit Class ship because the design is made for passenger comfort, never feels crowded.

Will never again go on any Conquest class, just the opposite of Spirit class, Conquest class always felt crowded and the design herds most people into a narrow hall where they have all the photo set ups

The only ship that I have considered booking and then chose not to book is Destiny/Sunshine.

When I read up on it and it seems that some people like it and some people hate it.

Destiny already had such a bad reputation.

(My brother in law refused to cruise Carnival for five years after his Destined to Break Down cruise.)

I really don't like the way it looks, in photos anyway, especially the serenity area.

And I decided that I did not want to risk our hard-earned and limited vacation funds on some frankensteined version of a ship with an already bad reputation.