Favorite Excursion in Cozumel and why???

lsiparadise84

If you are not crazy about a sandy beach and you like to snorkel, Money Bar is hard to beat..Good food, good drink prices, and not very expensive. They rent snorkel gear there and there are steps into the water, $9 taxi ride up to four people...

The Money Bar fits us well also. We like to get off the ship, snorkel, have a drink or two and head back the ship. That's what we did at the Money Bar. We did spring for chips and guacamole.

The snorkeling was very good with easy access. The pictures posted don't show that there is a ladder at the end of the pier. No scrambling over rocks to get in and out of the water.

We're hitting Cozumel twice next year on a B2B -- we'll go to the Money Bar at least once. :)

Edited by CRUZBUDS

The best day we ever had was at this place

http://www.buccanos.com/Buccanos-Bar-Grill.htm

I recommended it to a friend and he and his family really enjoyed it as well. When you get off the ship you'll see people with signs trying to get you to go here or go there. Grab the van to Buccanos. I think it was like $25 pp and we had a great day. Everything is included in that $25 - snorkel equipment, chairs, umbrellas and they have a great little restaurant there. We had a fantastic time and next time we go to Cozumel, we'll be going back.

Here's a few pics I took of the place

P1140779.JPG

P1140781.JPG

P1140784.JPG

P1140789.JPG

P1140809.JPG

many cruises under my belt, and wanted to do something different besides the beach or snorkeling, those are great, but, wanted something new for a cruise I was on this past December. I found a cooking excursion that was coordinated by a local chef. "Cooking with Josefina". There was about 11 total (max) in the group. Got to Josefina's house, went shopping at a local market for the ingredients then went back to her house to prepare a wonderful, authentic Mexican lunch, along with freshly squeezed limes for margaritas. I'd highly recommend this and would not hesitate to book it again; all in my group said the same. Cheers!

We have this booked for our upcoming cruise in May. Always glad to hear good reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you scuba dive contact "Scuba Club" for the best diving on the island. If you don't dive, rent a jeep and drive to the east side of the island. Very pristine, secluded, and you will find yourself alone with miles of untouched beaches.

We did a snorkeling excursion in Cozumel and it was really a good spot. We saw lots of fish and unique creatures that I have no clue what they all were. We also did a dune buggy excursion before that was an island tour but you drove your own dune buggy. It was cool as well. We are going to Cozumel on our upcoming cruise and going to Mr Sanchos after reading all of the great reviews. Good luck picking!

We will be in Cozumel in December and have been there before but we want to hear what your favorite excursion is and why. Also if you have any "secrets" on the best shops please share.

We are on the same cruise as you and chose Nachi Cocum. It seems to get great reviews from lots of cruise critic members and is reasonably priced.

Hands down the best excursion in Cozumel is the Cozumel Bar Hop!!! It is so much fun, so beautiufl!!! Takes you to the other side of the island Bar hopping (you do NOT have to be a drinker to love this tour) We have done the tour several times with friends/family that have not gone before, it just keeps getting better and better each time because the "bars" that he takes us to keep adding on to their properties!!! If you have never done this tour that book it, you will NOT be dissapointed!! Tell Gregg MuffyKismet sent you!!!!! A few times we did have Greg himself do the tour with us and other times it was his partner or hired tour guides , ALL of them a GREAT!!!! Check them out on FaceBook or or just Google them!!! I have referred so many people to this tour and everyone one of them loved it!

Hands down the best excursion in Cozumel is the Cozumel Bar Hop!!! It is so much fun, so beautiufl!!! Takes you to the other side of the island Bar hopping (you do NOT have to be a drinker to love this tour) We have done the tour several times with friends/family that have not gone before, it just keeps getting better and better each time because the "bars" that he takes us to keep adding on to their properties!!! If you have never done this tour that book it, you will NOT be dissapointed!! Tell Gregg MuffyKismet sent you!!!!! A few times we did have Greg himself do the tour with us and other times it was his partner or hired tour guides , ALL of them a GREAT!!!! Check them out on FaceBook or or just Google them!!! I have referred so many people to this tour and everyone one of them loved it!

We also did the "wild side" but used the Private Driver.

Amazing over there, so many great bars and good restaurants over there right on the water, no electricity, just a great place to go and check out.

With the Private Driver, we were able to do a little touring, did the wild side, then hit the beach at Mr. Santos. Great day.

Here is where we ate that day, picture taken from our table:

_DSC0255.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hands down the best excursion in Cozumel is the Cozumel Bar Hop!!! It is so much fun, so beautiufl!!!

Thanks for the info...have been considering booking with them later this year. Their Trip Advisor reviews are through the roof ! Everyone seems to love them.

Holland America offers a similar tour "Cozumel Beach Bash" for about $70.00.

Anyone know if that tour is the same/better/worse than the privately run Cozumel Bar Hop ?

Here's mine in order. Now understand that some of it is because of the company I was traveling with, but here were my favorite excursions in Cozumel in order of how much fun we had:

#1 - Dune Buggy/Snorkel/Lunch.....Awesome!

#2 - Cozumel Bar Hop Bus...........Would recommend in a heartbeat

#3 - Personal Mini-subs.........great unique adventure for a couple hours

#4 - Shopping/Eating/Drinking our way through town (with some ship staff.....OMG fun)

#5 - Nachi Cocum........nice day

#6 - Fury Catamaran......fun.

#7 - Another shopping/Eating Day

#8 - Ship sponsored Catamaran....Husbands first snorkeling experience. OK.

#9 - Ship sponsored mini-subs....cancelled due to strong currents so we just floated around.....blah...waste of money.

Just did the Cozumel Bar Hop this past week and would highly recommend it. It was so much fun! As others have said, you don't have to drink to have a good time. There were only 14 of us on this excursion, and while we didn't know each other at the beginning, we were all good friends at the end of 4 hours. You receive a small, sample drink at each stop and food and drinks are available for purchase. The shrimp quesidillas at Coconuts were delicious. The people at each bar was welcoming and fun, especially at Coconuts :)

Colleen, our guide, loves the island and shares so much of her love of the island and the history of it. The beauty of the other side of Cozumel is not to be missed! The Western Caribbean itinerary has never been my favorite...now I want to do it all the time just to do this excursion again!!

IMG_2108.jpg.7f112dfaf0101aa924be3e8191c7f942.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg.92e63d55458ba301966bac8ced1ea3cb.jpg

We've been to Nachi twice, most recently last February. This time it was just o.k. We did the Bar Hop Bus once and it was fun, but a couple of the bars we would have liked to skip. We loved Coconuts and would've preferred to stay longer there. Would a driver take us over there and wait for us if we paid him $20. an hour?? We've also done clear kayaks at Playa Uvas and that was a fun day.

Next time, I'm thinking if we don't get a driver to take us to Coconuts, I'd rather go to Passion Island or book Carnival's excursion over to a Playa Del Carmen beach since we've never been there.

We have been to Cozumel 6 times as of last January 2014. This trip we decided to do something different and went to Passion Island. We had a wonderful time on the beach even had a massage. My sister & her husband went with us and we all agreed we will be going back to this location this coming January 2015. The trip to Passion Island also included lunch and drinks. You can book this tour prior to your trip or you can book on the ship. You will be taken from the cruise ship by tender to the island, we really enjoyed the ride and the beautiful water also.

Happy cruising,

Katmama

• 2 weeks later...

We just visited the port of Cozumel, Mexico on the Oasis, and my 12-year-old niece wanted to:

1) go para-sailing,

2) get her hair braided,

3) do a little shopping.

While we had done shore excursions through the ship at the other two ports, I thought Cozumel was a good place to strike out on our own. We hopped into a taxi and headed to San Francisco Beach. The current fare is $14 dollars for up to 4 people sharing a taxi. We arrived around 11 am, so the San Francisco Beach Club was still fairly quiet, and we got lounger chairs, an umbrella and a table with a front-row view of the water. The chairs are free of charge, but require a $10 per person minimum spend on food and/or drinks, which I knew from past experience wasn’t difficult to accomplish.

Shortly, a man approached us for para-sailing. The cost was $50 per person for a 15-minute flight. My niece also got her hair braided. I got to eat the amazing shrimp ceviche I'd remembered from 10 years ago. We shopped right at the port when we returned to the ship. It was a great day.

Lots of photos from the day here: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2014/06/05/cruising-with-a-12-year-old-para-sailing-from-cozumel-mexico/

I have been to Cozumel more times than I can count now, I have found my favorite thing to do. The Cozumel bar hop has become my fav excursion. I am not a big drinker either. For me it is not about the shots that are included it is about the fun, the beautiful scenery, the amazing host, the laid back atmosphere and the delish food! I know I can get to see the East side of the island and have a few drink and the best Shrimp tacos and soak me up some sun and just enjoy island time! :D Going back Aug 11 to do the hop for the 6th time!!

I have been to Cozumel more times than I can count now, I have found my favorite thing to do. The Cozumel bar hop has become my fav excursion. I am not a big drinker either. For me it is not about the shots that are included it is about the fun, the beautiful scenery, the amazing host, the laid back atmosphere and the delish food! I know I can get to see the East side of the island and have a few drink and the best Shrimp tacos and soak me up some sun and just enjoy island time! :D Going back Aug 11 to do the hop for the 6th time!!

We did not do the bar hop, but we did the Private Driver and did the Wild East side. Absolutely fantastic, the bars, the food, the beaches, the scenery ..... everything just fantastic.

Still one of the best excursions we ever did.

Scuba Diving!

But if you aren't certified, we love snorkeling at Money Bar. I dream about their nachos when we aren't in Cozumel.

In fact, it was snorkeling at Money Bar that made us fall in love with Cozumel, and now we've basically given up cruising- we go dive there instead.

Edited by skittl1321

We did not do the bar hop, but we did the Private Driver and did the Wild East side. Absolutely fantastic, the bars, the food, the beaches, the scenery ..... everything just fantastic.

Still one of the best excursions we ever did.

May I ask how much the driver was? We have been interested in doing this since we weren't that crazy about a couple of the Bar Hop bars and would like to spend a longer time at Coconuts & the Bob Marley bar.

May I ask how much the driver was? We have been interested in doing this since we weren't that crazy about a couple of the Bar Hop bars and would like to spend a longer time at Coconuts & the Bob Marley bar.

Here is the website.

4 people $107 for 3 hours, then $25 additional hours.

I have been to Cozumel 6 times and my favorite spot for just enjoying the view and beautiful water is Bob Marley's Paradise club. We took a tour around the island and stopped at this beautiful spot. They have a nice little tiki hut bar where you can get cold drinks & something to eat. This isn't a fancy place by any means but we loved it and hope to go again when we can. Another place we like that we went to last January was Passion Island, we had a very nice time there. The food & drinks were free with the tour and we also enjoyed a massage that we paid for as an extra treat. Will be sailing again this January to beautiful Cozumel.

Edited by Scratch12

I would love to do the Salsa, Salsa, and Marg. or the Bar Hop but we are traveling with our 8 yr old.

So..... what's family friendly? We really need activities to avoid hearing the 'I'm bored" statement. The last beach resort we went to provided beach toys for the sand. My daughter did enjoy that!

Thanks!