She's baaaaaaaaack.....

KPfromCT

We saw her leaving for refurb as we were sitting on FLL beach. Wished we were on her then, and wish we were going on her now! I find it pretty amazing in how much construction they can get done in 2 weeks!

Edited by pe4all

So excited she has her new upgrades! I just hope the passengers leaving out on her today will not be affected by any unfinished work that is still lingering.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Forums mobile app

Edited by lvetocruise2012

We will be also on the Freedom at the end of Sept. Been on her many times, including two transatlantic cruises. Always one of our favorites. Looking forward to the new updates. Not

happy to see that they are bringing the menus in June. We just got off the Liberty last Sat. and are not the biggest fans of the dining venue. Food in dining room excellent. It just seems the staff can not get it done with ease. Have fun sailing on the Freedom!!! John F :)

I can't wait to read some of the new reviews post-2.0. I hope all of you will come back and tell us what you think. September for me.

The webcam looks great.

Can't wait for lots of pics in those reviews! We sail in Dec. I actually booked the cruise before I knew the upgrades were scheduled so now I am doubly excited.

I hope that the weather improves for Freedom's sailaway today.

Pt Everglades webcam...What a downpour! But things can clear up quickly, so I hope that it does for all those who are sailing out on Freedom today.:)

It is 5.30 pm and she has not yet sailed, but the weather is a bit better than earlier, dreary but not pouring rain like earlier.

I believe I just heard departure is now 1900hrs

Edited by SMSACE6

It is 5.30 pm and she has not yet sailed, but the weather is a bit better than earlier, dreary but not pouring rain like earlier.

I believe I just heard departure is now 1900hrs

Correct, that is what I also heard.

The late departure may be due to the need to do a heavy loading of supplies. I was on Carnival Miracle just before she went into drydock and took the Behind the Scenes tour. The storerooms that we saw on the tour were all nearly empty. That is the way they want it so that the storerooms may be properly cleaned.

It would take time to fill those areas once again when the ship returns to service.

Yes, that makes sense to me, and I have heard this before that the ships need to take on lots of extra supplies after a dry dock.

You can tell that I am a little, or maybe a lot obsessed with this ship:D.

That is because I love to sail out of Pt Everglades (love Ft Lauderdale pre cruise, and get to visit with friends), and have been on Freedom four years ago and booked my next cruise on Freedom, coming up in Nov.:)

and looking forward to the upgrades too.

Edited by SMSACE6
looking forward to the upgrades