Diamond Lounge Question - non-diamond cabin mate allowed in with me?

Regarding adding a SO or spouse, family member. You can do this online in the C&A member area. Not sure about the first cruise issue, but I enrolled my MIL and she was instant D+. We use our address and my email for all her medical, etc., plus same last name.

My DIL was enrolled as a SO and she just showed proof of the same address.

I have yet to figure out all the drama and angst about cabinmates. It's not that big a deal, except in the minds of a few posters here on CC. Just a polite question. I've done this 4 times: 1 was yes with another card made for access; 1 was the Diamond event where my friend paid for her own drinks until the bar attendant refused her cardfor the rest of the cruise, 2 were yes unless it was crowded.

Clarification in red above.

Just of Allure on Nov. 15. What they now do for Diamond and Up is that they load 3 drinks per day during 5 to8:30 that you can use in any bar on the ship except Dining Rooms and Windjammer. So you can have your drinks with your cabinmate outside of the Diamond Lounge and it doesn't cost you anything. We did both on this past cruise, sometimes in the Diamond Lounge, sometimes in a bar elsewhere on the ship.

That doesn't get my partner free drinks also. Nor does it address the access to Diamond Lounge issue.

That doesn't get my partner free drinks also. Nor does it address the access to Diamond Lounge issue.

You can go to any bar to have drinks during those hours. You won't pay for your drinks but your partner will. You can go into the Diamond lounge to have drinks but your partner won't have access unless your partner is a Diamond member or above.

Did you try linking your partner via your my cruises account? There is a link on the page that says 'enroll other members of your household'. After you fill in the info, click the box that says 'create a guest profile for this member in your my cruises account'.

Not sure if they need a C&A number or not to do this but you may as well try it.

If that doesn't work, I'd go to the lounge and show proof of address to the concierge. If it's your domestic partner I would think that they'd let them go in with you. No guarantees of course.

Edited by marci22

Just off FOS. We are up there in the C&A tier. My daughter was two nights away from from Diamond and under no circumstances would the concierge let her into the lounge. All points verified by LA. And may I add we were in a JS and the concierge Katarina was not even pleasant about it.

Just off FOS. We are up there in the C&A tier. My daughter was two nights away from from Diamond and under no circumstances would the concierge let her into the lounge. All points verified by LA. And may I add we were in a JS and the concierge Katarina was not even pleasant about it.

It really does vary from ship to ship.

Once the vouchers were introduced, I'm thinking this began a gradual change and the 'who can come in the lounge' questions will be a thing of old someday. With Oasis class changing the CL to suite lounge and the diamond lounge for C&A rewards, seems they really want you to use the coupons and probably just use the DL for folks that need to speak to the concierge.

I'm also thinking to get ready to have this eased into fleet wide.

I am diamond because I'm elite on Celebrity. I called to have my husbands select (celebrity) status indicated on C&A. He doesn't have the same last name and wasn't even booked in the same cabin (grandma travels as a single and we are a family of 3- so we do 2 and 2 to not pay double and then have them switch it at the pier). Anyway he never sailed RCI but has a celebrity number and was able to have diamond status linked to him because I am diamond. To the PP who indicated the BF wasn't given status - I would try and call back, says it's your spouse and see... It might have to do with no C&A number though because my son cannot get a number until he sails...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

This person is my domestic partner. That changes things? How would I get them a C&A number before the cruise since he has never cruised before and how do I link it to my profile? :confused:

Call Crown & Anchor. If you both reside at the same address and that info is on the reservation, they should grant your partner equal status. My partner has "entry level status" with Celebrity. I am D+ with Royal. My partner was given a C&A number and D+ status for our upcoming cruise. I learned this by accident when I asked what he would be entitled to on RCCL based on his status with Celebrity.

You can go to any bar to have drinks during those hours. You won't pay for your drinks but your partner will. You can go into the Diamond lounge to have drinks but your partner won't have access unless your partner is a Diamond member or above.

If you have D/ D+ status, and your partner doesn't, you can link the reservation, and your partner will have your benes. for that cruise!:)

If you have D/ D+ status, and your partner doesn't, you can link the reservation, and your partner will have your benes. for that cruise!:)

Linking reservations does not give C&A perks. Linking C&A accounts does give C&A perks, but that is not done on a cruise by cruise basis.

Yes, I know that. But the post i quoted stated that they were able to call in advance and get a C&A number for their significant other, and i was questioning how.

I did this, called Royal and had my domestic partner's account joined to mine, making him an instant Emerald/Diamond now.

Call Crown & Anchor. If you both reside at the same address and that info is on the reservation, they should grant your partner equal status. My partner has "entry level status" with Celebrity. I am D+ with Royal. My partner was given a C&A number and D+ status for our upcoming cruise. I learned this by accident when I asked what he would be entitled to on RCCL based on his status with Celebrity.

My boyfriend is entry level status with Celebrity. They would not give him a C&A number because he is only "classic" with Celebrity, so nothing transfers over. Which begs another question - does Celebrity have the same deal where I can make him elite because we live at the same address?

My boyfriend is entry level status with Celebrity. They would not give him a C&A number because he is only "classic" with Celebrity, so nothing transfers over. Which begs another question - does Celebrity have the same deal where I can make him elite because we live at the same address?

Yes, I believe so. :)

Hats off to you! I constantly talk about RCL and tried to get people to try and be WOW! I believe excluding your companion that with you (especially if you are sharing the same room) is sad. Rules or no rules .

Edited by INGODWETRUST
mis spelling

Hats off to you! I constantly talk about RCL and tried to get people to try and be WOW! I believe excluding your companion that with you (especially if you are sharing the same room) is sad. Rules or no rules .

I understand living in the same house. Partners/husband/wives that reside together. Just because you are traveling with someone in the same room is a whole different story. Hence why the 3 voucher system now is a win win.

NO, unlike RCI, Celebrity gives your on-board cabin roommate(s) Lounge and party access for that one cruise, but no permanent status. RCI does not offer benefits to cabin roommates, but does offer permanent status to significant others who live together. With advanced request Celebrity will give permanent Elite status to RCI Diamonds and above (Plus status and above does NOT transfer between lines), and vice versa. SO, if your boyfriend lives at the same address, he can get permanent Diamond status from RCI C&A based on your Diamond status, and then this can be transferred as permanent Elite status with X.

Thom

You have to have sailed once in order to get a C&A number. Not sure how that poster did it, but they won't assign a number to someone until they have sailed.
This is not (or at least was not) entirely true. I had never sailed with RCI and was assigned a C&A number and Diamond status as an Elite transferee from Celebrity. I don't know, but entirely possible that RCI will not give a C&A number to someone who has not sailed with RCI unless they are transferring status as Captain's Club Select (or Azamara Le Club Voyage Explorer) or above.

Thom

NO, unlike RCI, Celebrity gives your on-board cabin roommate(s) Lounge and party access for that one cruise, but no permanent status. RCI does not offer benefits to cabin roommates, but does offer permanent status to significant others who live together. With advanced request Celebrity will give permanent Elite status to RCI Diamonds and above (Plus status and above does NOT transfer between lines), and vice versa. SO, if your boyfriend lives at the same address, he can get permanent Diamond status from RCI C&A based on your Diamond status, and then this can be transferred as permanent Elite status with X.

Thom

Sadly, this cruise falls through a loophole then, as this is his first RCCL cruise, and they refuse to give him a number so that he can take on my status. I guess I am at the mercy of the loyalty ambassador then.

Linking reservations does not give C&A perks. Linking C&A accounts does give C&A perks, but that is not done on a cruise by cruise basis.

What I meant to say,,,,,is what the OP did!:)

'I did this, called Royal and had my domestic partner's account joined to mine, making him an instant Emerald/Diamond now.'

• 3 weeks later...
My domestic partner just cruised with me (I'm Diamond) on his first RCL cruise about 6 weeks ago. I called ahead of time and had his status linked w/ mine and therefore he cruised on his first RCL as Diamond. In his case he didn't have to cruise on RCI first in order to "legally" get his Diamond status. As I said, this was very recent.

This was his first cruise? So he had no c&a #? Did they issue him one at that time or did you have to speak with the LA once you boarded the ship? My domestic partner and I will be sailing in March 2015, and I was under the impression that since I am Diamond and we are sharing a cabin he would be able to come with me in the DL. I'm glad I researched this to make sure. Even with the voucher of the 3 free drinks at any bar, it would still be nice to show him the benefits of cruising with RCL versus another cruise line. I guess I just want him to have the best time of his life, and hopefully catch the cruise bug like I have! RCL happens to be my favorite, and if he enjoys it as much as I do maybe we would be be more apt with strictly cruising RCL in the future instead of just price shopping for the best deal (lets face it, I'm a nurse and he is getting his masters degree in accounting - we are on a budget!).

Just called C&A, I was told that since my SO hasn't cruised before then I would have to wait until we boarded the ship before we could link our accounts. He will receive equal status and receive Diamond benefits while cruising. I guess that is not as good as having everything set up ahead of time, but it is better than nothing. Hopefully the LA aboard will not have a problem setting this up for us, my only concern is getting aboard and the LA not honoring what I just found out.

Just called C&A, I was told that since my SO hasn't cruised before then I would have to wait until we boarded the ship before we could link our accounts. He will receive equal status and receive Diamond benefits while cruising. I guess that is not as good as having everything set up ahead of time, but it is better than nothing. Hopefully the LA aboard will not have a problem setting this up for us, my only concern is getting aboard and the LA not honoring what I just found out.

We did this for my DIL when she was my son's significant other/fiancee. She was linked and received her Diamond benefits immediately on that cruise.