Leaving TOMORROW!! Embarkation Lunch and other last minute details

InTheWASide

Leaving Seattle for Vancouver in the morning and boarding Solstice tomorrow I would imagine about noon time.

Are there any typical embarkation day menus, meals, etc we should keep an eye out that maybe only appear on embarkation day and never again? Where are they located?

Super excited for tomorrow and I want to take advantage of every awesome thing this ship has to offer. Appreciate any and all tips you might have!

(We're in AQ and have the Premium beverage package if it helps to know those details :) )

Edited by InTheWASide

You are going to love Blu! They may have a half off deal for the specialty restaurants for AQs. We always like to avoid the crowd the first afternoon in the buffet and go to Bistro on Five until our stateroom is ready. It is very worth the $5 cover charge. Have a great trip :D

Best advice is to go to bistro on 5 and avoid the mob in the buffet where you won't find a seat. Then find the person who's handling dining room seating and confirm that you have the dining arrangement you thought you had. Then walk around and familiarize yourself with the ship, the spa/gym, the various bars and lounges.....and if you want internet access, that's the one area where you may find a long line the first few days, so if the line is short, do it.

Leaving Seattle for Vancouver in the morning and boarding Solstice tomorrow I would imagine about noon time.

Are there any typical embarkation day menus, meals, etc we should keep an eye out that maybe only appear on embarkation day and never again? Where are they located?

Super excited for tomorrow and I want to take advantage of every awesome thing this ship has to offer. Appreciate any and all tips you might have!

(We're in AQ and have the Premium beverage package if it helps to know those details :) )

Another vote for lunch at Bistro on Five tomorrow!!! Have a great cruise!

Check the Blu menu, many of the ships do Filet Mignon on the first night.

Sounds like the general consensus is Bistro on 5. Works for me...

NOW... what to order there? And if your suggestion has blue cheese or mushrooms, do you know if it can be ordered without?

Also, with Bistro... the $5... Think I read somewhere that there's no charge for the food... that's for the service. Is that per item ordered? Or do I get whatever I want and the $5 is basically just the tip at the end?

Because Bistro on Five has become so popular as an alternative to the buffet, almost everyone knows about it now and it is almost impossible to get a seat. We waited over 45 minutes on our last cruise and then another 20 minutes to have our order taken. It's no longer a secret.

Here is a link to the menu for Bistro on Five:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_bistro_on_five&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

The $5.00 cover charge takes care of anything you eat! Drinks are separate.

Hope this helps, and enjoy!

Thanks!

Because Bistro on Five has become so popular as an alternative to the buffet, almost everyone knows about it now and it is almost impossible to get a seat. We waited over 45 minutes on our last cruise and then another 20 minutes to have our order taken. It's no longer a secret.

Appreciate knowing there may be "another side". If it looks crazy I'll know that buffet and maybe a spot outside or by the pool would work better.

Options are always good.

Blu has a steak on it's "available every night" menu but it's not filet. Since I'm mentioning blu and food, I really suggest you truy the onion soup and Caesar salad (with anchovies if you want them), both also available every night, but not necessarily on the menu...and one of my favorite food tips on any celebrity menu: If there is lamb, order it. I don't think I've ever had a bad lamb dish in any celebrity dining room (I didn't say buffet).

Have a great cruise.

Filet (vs. other cuts of beef) were not very prevalent on our cruise a few weeks ago. In fact, I think I only saw it offered once! I believe this is due to the significant rise in costs.

First night is typically 'prime rib' night in the MDR/ Specialities were 20% off first night as well...

Blu has a steak on it's "available every night" menu but it's not filet. Since I'm mentioning blu and food, I really suggest you truy the onion soup and Caesar salad (with anchovies if you want them), both also available every night, but not necessarily on the menu...and one of my favorite food tips on any celebrity menu: If there is lamb, order it. I don't think I've ever had a bad lamb dish in any celebrity dining room (I didn't say buffet).

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for all the tips. Your "(I didn't say buffet)" made me crack up

The Mast (pool) Grill has amazing giant hot dogs & hamburgers & great fries. Bistro is wonderful, but the secret is out for embarkation day. We grabbed hotdog & burger & went up to the Sunset Bar. Wonderful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you end up at the buffet, I think embarcation day is the only time they have fried chicken. Not sure if they have it the first day, but if you love Caesar salad like I do, one of the buffet islands make the salad to order (mmmm- extra cheese and anchovies?); and then you can go to the grill area and get a chicken breast (or other grilled meat) for what I consider my "healthy" lunch!

Theresa

On our March cruise we were prepared to go to Bistro On 5 because we had read so much about the crowds in the Buffet but we easily found a table.Perhaps everyone now goes to Bistro On 5 !!!

If you end up at the buffet, I think embarcation day is the only time they have fried chicken. Not sure if they have it the first day, but if you love Caesar salad like I do, one of the buffet islands make the salad to order (mmmm- extra cheese and anchovies?); and then you can go to the grill area and get a chicken breast (or other grilled meat) for what I consider my "healthy" lunch!

Theresa

Good to know. I'm diehard about an awesome caesar salad!

How busy the buffet is is of course dependent on what time you board. However, the overcrowding would be so much less if people didn't eat and then sit their waiting for the cabin announcement instead of moving to another public area to allow others to be able to eat.