Has anyone got a list of room service in a CC cabin?

Yellowfurbaby

Here is recent breakfast menu for CC cabins:

CCMenu2_zps76649962.jpg

CCMenu1_zpsd4abe0ce.jpg

For dinner, you can order from the restaurant menu or your TV screen. Breakfast menus (above) show charge and no charge items. This is the hang tag you put on your door the night before and is from April, 2014. Enjoy!

Don't have the menus but you can order from the dining room menu during lunch or dinner. Just get the menu from your steward.

I didn't know you could order MDR lunch in your cabin, thought it was just dinner? :confused:

That's fantastic. Thanks for that x

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We also requested items that were not on the list, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and hot milk, also English bacon

It was delivered with a smile and was never a problem, another reason why I love Celebrity :)

We also requested items that were not on the list, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and hot milk, also English bacon

It was delivered with a smile and was never a problem, another reason why I love Celebrity :)

That is good to know. An English fry up is not complete without mushrooms!!!! X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tipping for room service. What do you tip in dollars or euro or English pounds.

And what is the going rate, not used room service before and may try it on our next cruise on the Eclipse.

Many thanks

I believe the best is dollars. We give 2 or 3 dollars if I is not the room steward. If it is the room steward we do not. We give them something at the end of the cruise. If we have to get off early room service is the best.

We use room service two or three time a cruise. It is nice no crowds.

Heck, we use room service everyday. Nothing like relaxing on the balcony with breakfast. I also tip $2 but do it regardless who delivers.

That is what I missed on my recent Carnival cruise. Great cruise and I was even in a Spa balcony but they only offered Continental breakfast so I always had to run down to the buffet to get my wife something hot.

I didn't know you could order MDR lunch in your cabin, thought it was just dinner? :confused:

I did not even know that MDR is open for lunch :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I believe the best is dollars. We give 2 or 3 dollars if I is not the room steward. If it is the room steward we do not. We give them something at the end of the cruise. If we have to get off early room service is the best.

We use room service two or three time a cruise. It is nice no crowds.

Thanks for info.

I have never heard of English bacon ?

Lol, I don't suppose it is English, it is back bacon, different to the fried streaky bacon they normally have, and not the Canadian

I am not sure if it was labelled English bacon in the buffet or not, but they know what we mean when we say it, I used to write English bacon on the room service menu, they delivered it no problem

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Here is recent breakfast menu for CC cabins:

CCMenu2_zps76649962.jpg

CCMenu1_zpsd4abe0ce.jpg

For dinner, you can order from the restaurant menu or your TV screen. Breakfast menus (above) show charge and no charge items. This is the hang tag you put on your door the night before and is from April, 2014. Enjoy!

Same Room Service menu we just had on Infinity and we weren't in Concierge Class.

Sorry, but that was the menu in my CC cabin in April. If it is also in other cabins, then it is the "new standard menu". Makes no difference to me. Still lots of selections if you wish to have breakfast in your cabin. :)

Same Room Service menu we just had on Infinity and we weren't in Concierge Class.

I always thought CC had an expanded breakfast menu, I didn't realise you could still order a full breakfast in a balcony cabin, that is good to know thanks, as we like breakfast in the cabin and that was one reason we like CC, we may book a balcony in future If we get the same breakfast menu

It has been a common misconception over the years that you can only get a hot breakfast in CC cabins and above but this is not true.

In our experience pretty much all the items on the above menu are available in staterooms below the CC level as well. The exceptions are the smoothies, fresh squeezed OJ (standard cabins have OJ from concentrate as served in the buffet and MDR), the berry parfait and the eggs with asparagus. In the past these items used to be listed in a section of the CC menu called CC specialties or something like that. However, some of the other items which are available in any cabin, like come of the omelets and egg preparations, were not listed in as great a detail on the hang tag menu for standard staterooms even though you can order them.

If in doubt as to what you can get then just call room service and ask. They'll probably even offer to take your breakfast order for the following morning over the phone. Otherwise you can write in pretty much any common/standard hot or cold breakfast items.

With all that said I'll add that we haven't been able to cruise this year. Since it's been a year for us so there might have been changes but I doubt it. As I said above you can always call room service before filling out your menu for the morning to double check what is available.

Here is a thread I posted on the subject with sample menus about 18 months ago. It includes copies of all the breakfast menus on a cruise we sailed in December 2012 so one could compare them. These have all since changed with the addition of the extra cost items and there are some other updates posted through the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752753

Edited by Lsimon

• 10 months later...

My wife usually needs coffee in the morning before she can get up for breakfast and she loves the croissants. So I run out and get them using the handy dandy Cruise Critic thermal coffee mugs I always bring on a cruise.:p