20% Off 3 Specialty Question

I'm a little confused on the "dining package" deal.

I have Chops, Devinly and Jamie's reserved.

Chops I have the first night. That's supposed to be 20% off. I was charged the full amount. Will RCCL give a 20% OBC automatically or should I see something in my planner about it?

Also, since Chops is receiving the 20% off the first night, is it ineligible to count towards "Book 3, get 20% off" deal?

In that case, do I have to book another specialty to receive the other 20% off? And does Izumi count?

Not sure about the first night rule, but would be curious to hear the answer. The credit comes as an OBC and won't show until you sail. They haven't said at what point it shows up though. You could cancel at any time which is why they wait until you sail but you could just as easily (they claim) book them for the last 3 nights and cancel them all once you get on board.

They have said that the OBC posts on day 1 of the sailing for the specialty restaurants booked on the pre-cruise planner.

Posts have stated that reps have confirmed that the discount is cumulative and that booking 4 and 5 earn additional OBC on all bookings. One poster in another thread stated the 1st night booking as part of the 3 total would receive an increased OBC.

Can someone direct me to the info on this deal?

I also saw something on the main RCCL about children paying a reduced price, but we paid the regular price for our DD so I'm trying to determine if I need to call back but I can't find info on either deal on the rccl website.

TIA

Can someone direct me to the info on this deal?

I also saw something on the main RCCL about children paying a reduced price, but we paid the regular price for our DD so I'm trying to determine if I need to call back but I can't find info on either deal on the rccl website.

TIA

Not sure of this helps but I believe that it was for children 12 and under. I would call RCI as they should be able to adjust it.

Not sure of this helps but I believe that it was for children 12 and under. I would call RCI as they should be able to adjust it.

Thanks- I did call, and they said the difference will be credited on board, so I guess they want to keep our $$ for 7 more months....

While we're on the subject, can Chef's Table be pre-booked (I don't see it online)? And if so does it count as part of the 3 dining package?

I was able to book it on the 2 November maiden voyage by phone. It costs $85 on quantum now. It origionally showed as " Chef's Table at Chop's Grill" on my callendar, but now show's as " Chef's Table"

I fully expect it to be included as one of the 3 venues as I have alway's booked the Chef's Table package in the past.

Thanks- I did call, and they said the difference will be credited on board, so I guess they want to keep our $$ for 7 more months....

Ha. I'm in the same boat. My DS is only 4 and they charged me full price. I said what is a 4 year old going to eat at Wonderland?! Where did the original info come from? ie where did you see the under 12 piece?

6-12 yr olds $8. Under 6 are free. I received an email with this info. Plus the more you book online, the more of a discount you will get as an onboard credit. Pretty cool.

Rosalie

I had to contact C&A regarding another matter last night. The agent confirmed that this 20% OBC is fleet-wide, meaning not Quantum specific and now will soon be confirmed how it works in reality on other ships.

All specialty venues that 'require' a reservation are confirmed to be included. Exactly how 'a la carte' restaurants will be calculated is not defined in their current internal information, but IZUMI was confirmed to be included, even though it can be booked for $0 on new cruise planner.

The dining package applies for dinner reservations and is defined as 20% of total or 20% of first night bookings and is cumulative.

So, all 'for a charge' venues are included.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

While we're on the subject, can Chef's Table be pre-booked (I don't see it online)?

Yes! I called Q&A and booked the Chef's Table for the November 23rd sailing.

Cost: $85.00 pp

Time: 7:30PM

The fine print I saw indicated that the obc had to be spent on only food. Don't remember where I saw it, but I remember saying they give you 20% discount on what you paid for food and then you needed to spend the obc on more food!

Where on the web site can you find the 20% off for 3 restaurant deal for QOS?

Anyone have an answer? Are the details of this deal on dining reservation pages (and only seen when making reservations)? Elsewhere?

Anyone have an answer? Are the details of this deal on dining reservation pages (and only seen when making reservations)? Elsewhere?

It seems to only be on each restaurant page when booking within the 'Cruise Planner' at the moment. It is in a section called 'Insider Tips' for the venue.

It if pretty simple promotion though with only one small fine print notation.

OFFER:

Make 3 reservations at any of our specialty restaurants and receive a 20% onboard credit† with our dining package.

Receive a 20% onboard credit† on all Day 1 reservations.

FINE PRINT:

†Discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a ala carte) and is not combinable with any other offer.

The fine print I saw indicated that the obc had to be spent on only food. Don't remember where I saw it, but I remember saying they give you 20% discount on what you paid for food and then you needed to spend the obc on more food!

OBC can be spent on anything on your account, while they are trying to make it clear there that it does not give you 20% based on other menu items such as beverages and additional gratuities. Service Charges are included though.

For example, If you book Chops, you get $7 OBC per person based on the $35 Chops fee. If you book Izumi, and you are 2 passengers at dinner, you pay $10 service booking fee on the a la carte check along with $40 in FOOD purchases, you would be awarded 20% x $50 or $10 OBC.

The OBC is cumulative and offers for 4 or 5 venues booked will be available on some sailings, but 3 bookings for 3 separate reservations are required. This would be 3 nights in Chops per person or 3 nights in Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi. Per person.

The onboard credit is awarded to the main account paying the fees. A families' OBC with multiple cabins would have the OBC awarded to the cabin stated as responsible for payment.

Edited by MADflyer

6-12 yr olds $8. Under 6 are free. I received an email with this info. Plus the more you book online, the more of a discount you will get as an onboard credit. Pretty cool.

Rosalie

Do you happen to have this email available to forward to you if I PM you my email address? Would like to print it and bring with me to have my total adjusted. They charged me full price for a 4 year old for all my reservations.

Do you happen to have this email available to forward to you if I PM you my email address? Would like to print it and bring with me to have my total adjusted. They charged me full price for a 4 year old for all my reservations.

Scratch that. It was buried in the email I got about booking specialty restaurants. Now I need to find out how to get the difference back!

Scratch that. It was buried in the email I got about booking specialty restaurants. Now I need to find out how to get the difference back!

Call C&A and they will advise.

The new Cruise Planner was just introduced last week with the new policies now in effect. If it is an individual booking it will be no problem.

Package changes are now only available with the new 20% and you would just have to cancel all non-adult members of your booking. Cancelation and refunds were always possible up to 24 hours prior to reservation.

The new rules for Children are very clear under insider tips for each venue:

Kids 5 and under eat for free.

Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.

Call C&A and they will advise.

The new Cruise Planner was just introduced last week with the new policies now in effect. If it is an individual booking it will be no problem.

Package changes are now only available with the new 20% and you would just have to cancel all non-adult members of your booking. Cancelation and refunds were always possible up to 24 hours prior to reservation.

The new rules for Children are very clear under insider tips for each venue:

Kids 5 and under eat for free.

Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.

Thanks. I'll have to call C&A. I tried a fake booking to Wonderland and it tried to charge me for the DS even though it clearly lists his age there as 4.

From the fine print in the dining e-mail:

prices will be adjusted for kids once you are aboard, and reflected in your final account.

It seems to only be on each restaurant page when booking within the 'Cruise Planner' at the moment. It is in a section called 'Insider Tips' for the venue.

It if pretty simple promotion though with only one small fine print notation.

OFFER:

Make 3 reservations at any of our specialty restaurants and receive a 20% onboard credit† with our dining package.

Receive a 20% onboard credit† on all Day 1 reservations.

FINE PRINT:

†Discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a ala carte) and is not combinable with any other offer.

OBC can be spent on anything on your account, while they are trying to make it clear there that it does not give you 20% based on other menu items such as beverages and additional gratuities. Service Charges are included though.

For example, If you book Chops, you get $7 OBC per person based on the $35 Chops fee. If you book Izumi, and you are 2 passengers at dinner, you pay $10 service booking fee on the a la carte check along with $40 in FOOD purchases, you would be awarded 20% x $50 or $10 OBC.

The OBC is cumulative and offers for 4 or 5 venues booked will be available on some sailings, but 3 bookings for 3 separate reservations are required. This would be 3 nights in Chops per person or 3 nights in Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi. Per person.

The onboard credit is awarded to the main account paying the fees. A families' OBC with multiple cabins would have the OBC awarded to the cabin stated as responsible for payment.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...