Question about moving to next tier C&A

Your status will be recognized and changed following the completion of your cruise. You will be entitled to the Platinum balcony discount (the best perk, IMO), better coupons, an "upper tier" C&A Welcome Back party, and a few other things which are listed on the website. Some people have mentioned receiving C&A pins, but we never got them (don't really care).

I will earn Platinum status on my upcoming 3 night cruise. Do they do anything to recognize your move from one level to another? Just curious...

You will not receive any recognition on the upcoming 3 day cruise. You will on your next cruise after that.

You will not receive any recognition on the upcoming 3 day cruise. You will on your next cruise after that.

What if you are on B2B cruises? We will still be Gold on the first one (need ONE more point!) so, at the end of the first one we will be at the next level. Will our onboard "perks" change automatically or will we need to "remind" somebody?

Thanks!

You should get in touch with the loyalty ambassador on the first part of your B2B and let them know you will be moving up. They will normally tell you to see them the first day of 2nd half and he/she will fix your sea pass card with the new information and giveyou what information and coupon type stuff for the next level(not really coupons anymore, it is a sheet of paper with the information on it.)

Oh, no! Apparently the opportunity to talk to a Loyalty Ambassador is by APPT ONLY per numerous posters. I can't see a LA wanting to take time to talk to me about my C&A level when he/she could be selling a cruise to somebody else :eek:

...Loyalty Ambassador is by APPT ONLY per numerous posters. I can't see a LA wanting to take time to talk to me about my C&A level when he/she could be selling a cruise to somebody else :eek:

I would first ask at the Guest Relations desk and if they are unable to help you with the next level after your first leg, then I would make an appointment with the LA. You are a paying guest - you have as much right to see him/her as anyone. At the very least, leave a message and ask how it would be best handled.

Oh, no! Apparently the opportunity to talk to a Loyalty Ambassador is by APPT ONLY per numerous posters. I can't see a LA wanting to take time to talk to me about my C&A level when he/she could be selling a cruise to somebody else :eek:

Your question for the LA is a quick one. Just check the appointment book and put yourself down for an appointment. Trust me, the LA will be delighted to have some breathing room before the next appointment to catch up.

If you walk by and there is one of them not helping a passenger, just go up and tell them what you need.

Langley Cruisers is correct, your business is just as important.

Edited by pcur

The LA will have open time on boarding day... whenever we've had a question or even want to book a cruise we get to their desk (usually 15 minutes or so) before they are open... and wait. If someone is ahead of us, we just sort of form a line as people come in. We have done this several times either to book cruises or ask questions. It is their job to assist you with any C&A question and they will be happy to do so. Guest Services will just send you to the LA. If you want a seapass card with a printed correct level... just head from the LA (with your card that has the new sticker) and Guest Services will be happy to re-print your seapass card. Congrats on your upgrade!! I hope you enjoy your cruise.

I would first ask at the Guest Relations desk and if they are unable to help you with the next level after your first leg, then I would make an appointment with the LA. You are a paying guest - you have as much right to see him/her as anyone. At the very least, leave a message and ask how it would be best handled.

You sound so angry? #shrugs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 11 months later...

I went to the guest relations desk and picked up a pin when I became platinum without any problem. I don't really care about the pin, but I put them on my RCL baseball cap that was a sail gift on one of the cruises. Usually it takes a couple of weeks to be recognized, and sometimes they will send a pin to your room, but they aren't always on top of things in that regard.

Oh, no! Apparently the opportunity to talk to a Loyalty Ambassador is by APPT ONLYers. I can't see a LA wanting to take time to talk to me about my C&A level when he/she could be selling a cruise to somebody else :eek:

RCI has recently changed the Loyalty Ambassador position and added Cruise Sales Agents. The LA now handles things related to C&A/Loyalty and the Cruise Sales Agent(s) sell cruises. You should be able to talk to the LA and not have to worry about interrupting cruise sales. Much better IMHO. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Guest relations will not help with C&A issues... I know this from personal experience of moving to D+ during a B2B but on separate ships. However, the Loyalty Ambassador will help, once you get to speak with them.

If all else fails and you can't get to see them quickly write the LA a short letter and leave it on their desk.

As has been said the Loyalty Ambassador and Future cruise sales are now completely separated.

Worked really well on our recent Explorer cruise as LA has much more time for C and A questions than before but future cruises was sooo busy.

Must be all those offers!