Voyager of the Seas Revitalisation

I'm considering going on the Voyager Singapore to Sydney cruise after the revitalisation however nowhere can I find what changes are being made.

Can anyone out there confirm exactly what changes are being made to the Voyager during the revitalisation?

I'm hoping they add a Chops Grille as I have been on Radiance a couple of times and really enjoyed going to Chops.

Friends went on Voyager in December and said it was looking very tired and desperately needed a makeover.

Royal has not pubicaly released a list of changes to Voyager during the dry dock. Could be anything between what they did to Adventure (minimal) to what they did to Navigator. Judging my the length of the dry dock, I'd guess more like Navigator.

RC site states - more to come in May. IMHO chops should be included

The prediction is that Voyager will mimick Navigator (based on the extended drydock period). A flowrider was built and shipped.

Prediction:

Flowrider - remove in line skating

Add cabins on deck 3 - move disco to viking lounge

Add diamond lounge

Add Izumi and Chops

Add tenders

Enhance Bridge

Enhance TVs, add touchscreens....

Plus??????

• 4 weeks later...

Deck plan gaps on RCI website are 17 October to 21 November in Singapore.

Report of Hong Kong 2015 Homeport stated

On June 26, Voyager of the Seas will sail a six-night itinerary from Beijing (Tianjin) to its new homeport of Hong Kong, where the ship will offer 22 sailings through October 2015 for international vacationers to enjoy a three- to 10-night cruise aboard one of the world’s largest and most innovative cruise ships. Guests can choose sailings that visit Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, as well as destinations in China.

Dr. Zinan Liu, Regional Vice President of Asia and Managing Director of China for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. said, “Hong Kong has immense potential as a homeport for Chinese vacationers to board a Royal Caribbean cruise that helps make memories that will last a lifetime. To ensure that we truly dazzle Hong Kong vacationers, who are sophisticated and trend-setting travelers, Voyager of the Seas will undergo an extensive bow-to-stern revitalization before she arrives in Hong Kong next summer.”

I know the previous plans were to add royal babies and tots - does any one know if this is still on the plans. Would love to return to Voyager Class ships but they need to have a nursery. We sailed Radiance and Rhapsody with out daughter in this summer season and it was a great place to allow our little one to let off steam safely and without bothering other passengers!

Her drydock is more than a month, in a Singapore shipyard. Assuming the length of the drydock doesn't change, the Voyager will be given an extensive makeover, similar to the Navigator.

I believe the last RCI ship to be dry-docked in Singapore for such a long time was the Legend of the Seas in early 2013. We sailed on the Legend in March 2013 to Borneo. She was like new!

• 4 weeks later...

When we cruised on Voyager in March they told us at a Q & A session that there would be a flowrider installed, I think in place of inline skating, and several new pay restaurants. I got the impression that these would replace some of the present lounge space and I'm hoping it won't be in the High Notes lounge area as that was a lovely place to sit.

Flat screen TV's in the cabins, I think. Other than that, I don't remember.

When we cruised on Voyager in March they told us at a Q & A session that there would be a flowrider installed, I think in place of inline skating, and several new pay restaurants. I got the impression that these would replace some of the present lounge space and I'm hoping it won't be in the High Notes lounge area as that was a lovely place to sit.

Flat screen TV's in the cabins, I think. Other than that, I don't remember.

It will probably be like Navigator where they installed Izumi in the former Cloud Nine and Seven of Hearts spaces.

Edited by clarea

They are adding the flow rider where I line skating is

All the usual restaurants including chops and izumis and Giovanni's etched

Adding a number of more cabins up where the spa is

And a number of other general maintenance and general items like wifi and dl

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are adding the flow rider where I line skating is

All the usual restaurants including chops and izumis and Giovanni's etched

Adding a number of more cabins up where the spa is

And a number of other general maintenance and general items like wifi and dl

Greg