Which site do you use to book?

jjdmom8

Looking to possibly book for end of June.. we usually always book with Carnival directly but I am wondering if other sites offer cheaper rates.. Really looking for a last minute deal...

Looking to possibly book for end of June.. we usually always book with Carnival directly but I am wondering if other sites offer cheaper rates.. Really looking for a last minute deal...

I will follow this thread as we are hoping to snag one leaving the weekend of June 21st. Would have to be a really great deal though, really should not be spending anymore $. We are sailing on the Carnival Dream 08/24

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I usually use Carnival's website directly. They have a best price guarantee, so that if you find a price on another website that is cheaper within 48 hours of booking, they will give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit.

Another thing with booking directly through carnival is that they don't require you to pay any sort of fee to book. I was looking at booking through a couple of other websites, to earn flight points through JetBlue or towards my credit card, however every website I came across required that I pay them a fee to use their services. Not worth in, IMHO.

Good luck! Hope you get a great deal!

For individual bookings, travel agencies cannot offer rates cheaper than the prices listed by the cruise company. So, if a cabin price is posted as (for example) $500.00 per person (based on double occupancy) by the cruise line, that's what the price would be at any travel agency. However, certain travel agencies may offer other incentives to get your business, such as prepaying your gratuities, some form of OBC, a free bottle of wine, or some other "gift". But that still doesn't change the price of the cabin. It does reduce your out-of-pocket expenses though.

Remember that we can't share actual names of travel agencies on this website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I use an online website. They seem to have good prices. I like having the same person that I talk to each time I book. This will be the 2nd time using them and they gave me a bottle of champagne and $100 OBC. My price is currently $200 per person below what Carnival is posting for the exact same listing :D

Edited by glassman352

I was just calling the 800# for most of my bookings because I wanted to be able to pick a specific cabin even if the booking engine wasn't offering it as available..........but then last year I was cruising on a Friends and Family certificate so I contacted the PVP of the person who gave me the certificate and I've stuck with him for the last 3 cruises........He's pretty easy to get in touch with either by phone or email, I can still submit my own ES forms and still feel pretty in control of my booking..........

But he also knows that if in the middle of the night I find a cruise that I want to book for a great price I'm not going to necessarily wait for him to be in the office the next day.....I'll still just talk to anyone that answers the phone when I call.

I have recently been using Carnival website/PVP, exclusively, but have booked with online agencies in the past. This is done when they have OBC, free excursions, free specialty dining, or free hotel rooms, and their price is about the same as Carnivals. It seems lately though that their price is higher, and they no longer offer the deals/obc that Carnival does, or the deal is offered close to sailing (30-60 days), and we have already booked.

I've used a TA for the past several bookings and aside from being able to submit the early saver price drop form directly, I am in full control of my booking. I only use them because of the perks, but the reps are all very nice and courteous and will go out of their way to help you and they are available 24/7. Would never talk for or against booking with a TA or directly through Carnival. Maybe against certain TAs if you have a bad experience, but I've seen some horror stories from people using Carnival directly so there's no one right or wrong way IMO. Just what works best for you.