What is the most you've paid for a cruise?

With all the chatter about the recent deals, and the fact that the crown loft suites are going for $30,000 on our 2014 thanksgiving Allure cruise, I was curious how much you've ever paid for that cruise of a lifetime.

No judgment at all. We all have special cruises where we've splurged, and I think that's great. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can! :)

For us, it was our 20th wedding anniversary. Almost $8000 for a July sailing on the Allure for four of us. And worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Royal it's hard to over spend as a rule. Holidays are of course more expensive. When we go on boutique lines like Lindblad's national geographic the $500 PP per day is usual, or $3500 per person for a week. Azamara runs $300-$350 PP per day and is all inclusive. Our Viking River cruise next year to China is running over $10,000 with air for 2 people. It is dependant upon the style you take. On mass market lines you can sail for peanuts.

On Royal it's hard to over spend as a rule. Holidays are of course more expensive. When we go on boutique lines like Lindblad's national geographic the $500 PP per day is usual, or $3500 per person for a week. Azamara runs $300-$350 PP per day and is all inclusive. Our Viking River cruise next year to China is running over $10,000 with air for 2 people. It is dependant upon the style you take. On mass market lines you can sail for peanuts.

Your China cruise sounds amazing! Something I would love to do one day. :)

The most I've ever spent was around $11,000 for four of us on Mariner in July 2005. She was the biggest and the best at the time... we probably overpaid... and it was worth every penny. To this day, it is one of my favorite cruises. The ship was almost new and that was a time when the ships were big, but the quality was still there. I think the cabins cost me around 9k and we spent over 2k onboard between excursions and drinks.

I'd pay it again in a heartbeat if the experience were the same. Now we can get suites for a less money, but its not quite the same all around experience. That was one of the last times we spent a significant amount of money on excursions. Now sometimes we leave a 7 day cruise with under $300 of onboard charges.

The most I've ever spent was around $11,000 for four of us on Mariner in July 2005. She was the biggest and the best at the time... we probably overpaid... and it was worth every penny. To this day, it is one of my favorite cruises. The ship was almost new and that was a time when the ships were big, but the quality was still there. I think the cabins cost me around 9k and we spent over 2k onboard between excursions and drinks.

I'd pay it again in a heartbeat if the experience were the same. Now we can get suites for a less money, but its not quite the same all around experience. That was one of the last times we spent a significant amount of money on excursions. Now sometimes we leave a 7 day cruise with under $300 of onboard charges.

That sounds lovely. We have become more bargain cruisers. But there's something about the big splurge that adds a bit of excitement.

Went on Quark Expeditions on the icebreaker Kapitan Khlebnikov on a 14 night expedition to see emperor penguins and their chicks in Antarctica in 2008. Ran over 45,000 for 3 people, plus 5,000 in airfare and travel insurance of 2,500 for 3 people.

Went on Quark Expeditions on the icebreaker Kapitan Khlebnikov on a 14 night expedition to see emperor penguins and their chicks in Antarctica in 2008. Ran over 45,000 for 3 people, plus 5,000 in airfare and travel insurance of 2,500 for 3 people.

wow. So $52,500?

I am just going to stay warm and watch National Geographic.

wow. So $52,500?

I am just going to stay warm and watch National Geographic.

It was quite an experience. We got to see the baby penguin chicks, at the parents feet like in march of the penguins. The Khlebnikov is an ice breaker vessel and can go through pack ice. It comes with 2 helicopters for the 80 people or so to use. The price is nothing compared to Quarks nuclear ice breaker the "100 years of victory" that goes to the north pole. I would love to go on that some day.

Saw that ship in port in Ushuaia that year when we went around South America. May have been you.

It was quite an experience. We got to see the baby penguin chicks, at the parents feet like in march of the penguins. The Khlebnikov is an ice breaker vessel and can go through pack ice. It comes with 2 helicopters for the 80 people or so to use. The price is nothing compared to Quarks nuclear ice breaker the "100 years of victory" that goes to the north pole. I would love to go on that some day.

Lucky lucky you. I would love to do that, how fab. I would much rather spend that much on an experience than, say, a mid range car.

Meanwhile, I will have to stick with my inside cabin and a towel penguin lol!

It isn't always the price of the cruise that makes for the most expensive. It can be what you spend onboard. That can add up to more than the original price And airfare now is VERY expensive. Sometimes the all inclusive luxury cruises can be the best bargain. We once got a very good price on Regent with everything included except spa treatments. and the cabin was as large or larger than many suites on mid price cruises.

It isn't always the price of the cruise that makes for the most expensive. It can be what you spend onboard. That can add up to more than the original price And airfare now is VERY expensive. Sometimes the all inclusive luxury cruises can be the best bargain. We once got a very good price on Regent with everything included except spa treatments. and the cabin was as large or larger than many suites on mid price cruises.

I agree with this with most things in life from food to clothing to holidays.

I'm not going to include the amount but suffice it to say that our upcoming Grandeur Bermuda cruise will top our list as this is the first time in a number of years that all of our kids (and our daughter in law and a grandson) will be travelling together with us for a family vacation, and we are in a Royal Family Suite.

And given these circumstances, yes it will clearly be worth it to us!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I'm not going to include the amount but suffice it to say that our upcoming Grandeur Bermuda cruise will top our list as this is the first time in a number of years that all of our kids (and our daughter in law and a grandson) will be travelling together with us for a family vacation, and we are in a Royal Family Suite.

And given these circumstances, yes it will clearly be worth it to us!

:D loving it.

Mini suite on Royal Princess in Feb 2015 $4600. Took advantage of the BOGOHO deal when it first came out in May and booked October 2015 sailing of Independence of the Seas Owners Suite on the bump port side for $3900 total which I know is a steal. MOST expensive for us however was for our 25th anniversary. We chartered a crewed private sailing yacht out of St Maarten, charted our own course and picked islands and cays we wanted to visit including St Barts and, Anguilla, picked own alcohol for them to stock, food preferences, you name it. $12K for a week on board, 1 day before and 2 days afterwards in St Maarten, airfare, insurance and anniversary gifts for each other from the different islands including a painting from an artist on the French side of St Maarten. Trip of a lifetime with memories to cherish and treasure.

Edited by MamaTene

25th wedding anniversary this year, so hubby an I doing Canadian Rockies / Alaskan cruise tour. Flying from the UK. Costing us around £8000 ($13,000) already booked Alaskan excursions and sorted out spending money. Probably looking at £10,000 all finished. So so excited. Think next year will be Blackpool lol

The most we ever spent at any onetime was this past March/April and our cruises left from Sydney Australia & Hawaii. March 19, 13 day NZ, April 10, 18 day Transpacific and April 27th 12 day HI to Vancouver. Cruise price not incl air, hotel abt $23,000 and change. I budgeted $35,000 for everything and have around $ 3700 in the cruise fund.

I feel like an amature... The most expensive cruise (fare and fees only before excursions, specialty dining, drink packages, etc...) I have booked is about $11,000 for my family of 5 to cruise on the Liberty 9-night from Bayonne in the summer of 2015. We are staying in 2 balcony rooms and I was able to take advantage of the BOGOHO sale to get that rate for us. Is it worth it - absolutely! Vacation memories with our children that will last a lifetime. You only go around once and you can't take it with you.

Now - having said that, you might need to check back with me in a few years and ask the same question when I start to check off my bucket list... I might just be taking that $50K Icebreaker cruise that RIMMIT talked about earlier in this thread. Sounds like an experience of a lifetime!!

Edited by SnappyNappi

Ah...the 9 nighter out of Bayonne next July on the Liberty....$35K but there are 11 of us going. 9 will be in JS while DH and I are going to be in an OS. BOGOHO sale helped bring the price down (we had already booked). We are celebrating a hugh wedding anniversary, DH's bday and my bday. All our kids and grandkids...been saving for a couple years now (thought we would be on the Quantum, but we'll take the Liberty)...priceless....

Going on the Diamond Princess this Jan/Feb 2015. Booked in a Vista Suite with an aft wraparound balcony. Doing a 6 day tour with Princess to the Great Barrier Reef followed by a 12 night cruise Sydney to New Zealand. Cost is around $18,000.00. No airfare included since my DH has points. Just the 2 of us. Can't wait. Always wanted to do Australia-cross this one off our bucket list!!!

Allure the week before Christmas in 2011 - about $9K for 8 people in two balcony rooms. Was great and a great deal - got lucky and booked it the day it was posted on the website. A week later, same cabins had gone up in price about 40%

Edited by treborrv