MSC Bargains Thread

Skipper Tim

Another bargain I've just stumbled across:

"Best price of the day" according to MSC - from €265 inside Bella for 11 nights on Fantasia return from Rome to Canaries on December 4th next - €24pppn. That's less than £19 per night!!!

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/Cruise-Departures/MSC-Fantasia-Cruise-Itinerary-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=FA20141204CVVCVV&ship_code=FA

It shows as €539 (exactly double) pp when I follow the link. It may have been a temporary 'blip' or 'dip'.

We have not seen pricing per day like that in the UK for years - before my time with MSC but not others' here.

I wonder why MSC, with the same manager across most of the English-speaking World ('our Giles'), is offering bargain rates in Ireland, the U.S. and Australia but not in the UK? Perhaps they are trying to shake-off their previous UK customers to re-invent themselves to a more affluent UK market? MSC have ceased UK sailings altogether and drastically put up fares in the UK.

I know business strategies are worked out for years, not one. I feel I 'discovered' MSC too late. I just caught the end of the bargain, (cough), well-priced repositioning cruises.

I have tried proxy servers to obtain solo rates in Australia without success. Either the site freezes or it recognises I am using a proxy server and kicks me out. It is a stunning use of resource to employ technicians to maintain an inequitous market and a dysfunctional website.

Edited by Skipper Tim

It shows as €539 (exactly double) pp when I follow the link. It may have been a temporary 'blip' or 'dip'.

Tim, it was "Best price of the day". I spotted it on Sunday and booked it yesterday :D:D Boy, what a catch, eh? (although my Donegal pal, Ken aka CruiseIreland reckons I'm mad sailing in December LOL). Thanks for the heads-up - you've made my day - I never would have noticed the price reverting.

Bytheway, we don't always get the best deals here. My perception is that you Brits get far and away better deals - just look at that repo on Opera!

Having said that, the Preziosa repo from Brazil stayed at the €35/€40/€45 pn rate for longer here than it did it in UK (it has since increased here to "Grand Voyages Special"). I may be picking your brains later on re that Cometa service should I need more details than you've posted already on the subject.

Edited by Beamafar

Please do. I will try to stoke up my memory banks.

:):) Cheers.

I'll be revisiting your posts re Casablanca sooner than expected as it's a stop on my upcoming trip which I hadn't anticipated visiting so soon. I was storing your comments in my memory banks for the repo trip. However, my homework is now due earlier :eek:

We got an amazing deal for our November cruise on Splendida. Flights, overnight stay in a Barcelona hotel, 1 week cruise, transfer back to airport all for £369 pp We paid an extra £20 each for flights from Manchester rather than Gatwick. We found out last week that we have been upgraded to a balcony cabin. The deal is still showing in the Europe page of the 'tailor made' section of the particular cruise website (which I suspect I can't mention on here!)

We got an amazing deal for our November cruise on Splendida. Flights, overnight stay in a Barcelona hotel, 1 week cruise, transfer back to airport all for £369 pp We paid an extra £20 each for flights from Manchester rather than Gatwick. We found out last week that we have been upgraded to a balcony cabin. The deal is still showing in the Europe page of the 'tailor made' section of the particular cruise website (which I suspect I can't mention on here!)

I got a similar deal for last February on Splendida - hard to resist!

The restaurant was half-empty, so, if a table for two is your thing, you should have a better than average chance of getting one as it's quite likely the ship will be quiet at this time of year - enjoy :)

I am already booked-out for November but I would be interested in a website that is offering such a good deal. I searched for "tailor made" & "MSC Splendida" but did not find that deal. I do understand why CC has a rule preventing a mention of any agents but it can be a severe hindrance at times!

My 24 night cruise from Singapore to Rome was an excellent deal and it was only available from one travel agent - which, upon investigation, happened to be owned by the cruise line. Not all agents are equal and such information is very valuable to bargain hunters.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Skipper Tim

Tim, try searching 'cruise tailor made'. A UK cruise website should be your first result. On the page click the black box for the tailor made collection. You can search by area. Search Europe and the offers come up by date. We go on 6 Nov. I've just checked and it's still there.

Many thanks, I found it. I will keep an eye there for future deals. It is odd that they can offer a package including flights, hotel and transfers for less than MSC sell the cruise only for. Perhaps this is how MSC UK will discount from now on?

Many thanks, I found it. I will keep an eye there for future deals. It is odd that they can offer a package including flights, hotel and transfers for less than MSC sell the cruise only for. Perhaps this is how MSC UK will discount from now on?

There's a similar offer going to Morocco from the Canaries on the MSC Armonia from 13th Dec (Overnight stay in hotel in Gran Canaria on 12th) for £359 inside cabin. Includes flights.

Musica05-04-15.jpg

Here is the 25 night repositioning cruise April next year aboard the Musica from the Dominican Republic to Venice with an atractive combination of stops in the Caribbean, consecutive sea days across the Atlantic and slowing down in the Ionian and Adriatic towards Venice.

Australian pricing is the lowest I have found by quite some margin:

Inside I1: AU$ 1049 = GB£ 571 = US$ 918

Outside O1: AU$ 1179 = GB£ 641 = US$ 1031

Balcony B1: AU$ 1309 = GB£ 712 = US$ 1145

The single supplement appears to be around 70% according to the figures on one Aussie cruise site. These fares include all taxes and....

30% off laundry

Cheers for Bella and Fantastica

3 shore Excursions

A balcony cabin for £28.50 per night including drinks with meals and 3 excursions?

I get the feeling that MSC has rotated its 'value beam' away from the UK and to Australia this year.

I have found US TAs amenable to bookings from outside the US in the past. The only Australian agent I have thus far approached brushed me off immediately for being outside of Australia.

I get the feeling that MSC has rotated its 'value beam' away from the UK and to Australia this year.

I've got that impression, too. I know of one poster on here from Oz who's got a great price for YC on the Preziosa from Brazil repo. I can't even get a quote!

Musica05-04-15.jpg

Here is the 25 night repositioning cruise April next year aboard the Musica from the Dominican Republic to Venice with an atractive combination of stops in the Caribbean, consecutive sea days across the Atlantic and slowing down in the Ionian and Adriatic towards Venice.

Australian pricing is the lowest I have found by quite some margin:

Inside I1: AU$ 1049 = GB£ 571 = US$ 918

Outside O1: AU$ 1179 = GB£ 641 = US$ 1031

Balcony B1: AU$ 1309 = GB£ 712 = US$ 1145

The single supplement appears to be around 70% according to the figures on one Aussie cruise site. These fares include all taxes and....

30% off laundry

Cheers for Bella and Fantastica

3 shore Excursions

A balcony cabin for £28.50 per night including drinks with meals and 3 excursions?

I have found US TAs amenable to bookings from outside the US in the past. The only Australian agent I have thus far approached brushed me off immediately for being outside of Australia.

I was interested in that cruise but it was going to be in the region of £2,300 solo occupancy for a balcony after Black Card discount - so oodles more than the Aus price. Wonder if I can persuade a Aussie TA to book it for me when I'm out there in a couple of weeks.

Actually looking at it again, it is an even bigger bargain as it looks to be a B2B with the last round trip added on. The UK price is for a shorter cruise.

We did a music cruise on the MSC Divina earlier this year from Miami (booked with the promoter not MSC) and we now get updates from MSC with US prices really cheap! can we book direct or will it have to be MSC uk which are far more expensive?

We did a music cruise on the MSC Divina earlier this year from Miami (booked with the promoter not MSC) and we now get updates from MSC with US prices really cheap! can we book direct or will it have to be MSC uk which are far more expensive?

MSC UK are the most expensive!

There are U.S. agents willing to flout MSC anti-competitive rules for the business. They may want to phone or Skype you first to prove you are not an MSC mole. Switch to Google.com, restrict results to the US and then search. We are not allowed to name agents here.

Edited by Skipper Tim

I've got that impression, too. I know of one poster on here from Oz who's got a great price for YC on the Preziosa from Brazil repo. I can't even get a quote!

I confess, it was me.

We booked direct through MSC Australia during a sale period in March with a non-refundable deposit. Overall cost for the two of us for the 21 day trip in YC was under AU$6,000 (GBP 3200), too good a bargain to miss. At that stage MSC Australia only had 5 YC1 suites available.

Last year we took our first ever cruise and booked a Mediterranean cruise for 7 nights out of Barcelona in YC on the Splendida. We booked that trip through a Florida based travel agent and saved over AU$2000 on the MSC Australia price.

I guess that shopping around and being able to grab bargain prices when they crop up is the way to save money, not just with MSC but with most cruise lines.

After our first experience with cruising (and I must admit we were a bit wary of the whole "cruising" thing) we joined up for newsletters from multiple websites and travel agents in order to be able to leap onto bargains when they occur.

In fact I just got an email from MSC Australia (literally while typing this) announcing a 96 hour sale. They are offering two for one pricing on Caribbean cruises and YC starting at AU$1679 (GBP 920) for 7 nights.

http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Special-Offers/96-Hour-Sale.aspx?ref=96hrsale

Latest "Bargain" from MSC Australia. Remember the prices are in AUSTRALIAN dollars.

and for those who want a "last minute" deal in Yacht Club

btw the Australian website can be slow, unavailable and/or freakish in it's results. About time MSC fixed up their coding.

Don't want to advertise on their behalf but thought you with access to an Australian address i.e. relative or friend or service address may be able to take advantage ......

Edited by AVACTION
clarify

Last minute deal with no single supplements !!!

Preziosa Venice to Brazil, 19 nights, 8th November, including flights

£799 inside. £899 outside. £999 balcony

After all the dialogue regarding lack of single supplements, they must be struggling to sell this cruise.

Last minute deal with no single supplements !!!

Preziosa Venice to Brazil, 19 nights, 8th November, including flights

£799 inside. £899 outside. £999 balcony

After all the dialogue regarding lack of single supplements, they must be struggling to sell this cruise.

If I had the holiday days I would be on this like white on rice!

From my ipad

There is a pattern emerging for the occasional bargain (at least in the UK).

1) Short notice

2) Including flights (a way of getting out of the agency fixed-pricing pact?)

3) Less popular repo itineraries

I had originally booked a flight for Preziosa's return repo next Spring. I then saw the cruise fares mushroom to silly levels, then solo-occupancy completely dry up. At that point, I cancelled the flight. I can imagine now that cruise will also come down drastically in price.

We have to get the measure of the new person on the other side of the button to make better future predictions.