MSC Bargains Thread

Skipper Tim

I would look into booking through a German online TA then. Cruisepool lists numerous Norway cruises for next summer as cruise-only without flights.

Thank you, I have asked them if I can book from another country without problems. I see no place to introduce the MSC Club card on that web page though. I see that on that web page you can select other countries of residence as well.

But, my question is, regarding MSC can you do that "officially"? or you might have problems afterwards? I mean booking with a TA from another country. I guess that by law we may sign a contract with any EU company we like and they should respect it, but I have doubts.

In the end, with MSC you can check-in online and select your language, so I guess you shouldn't have problems on board.

Anyway, even if I speak german and can find my way, I find it really stupid to go through all that hassle just to book a cruise :(

Edited by Elmartellama

Thank you, I have asked them if I can book from another country without problems. I see no place to introduce the MSC Club card on that web page though. I see that on that web page you can select other countries of residence as well.

But, my question is, regarding MSC can you do that "officially"? or you might have problems afterwards? I mean booking with a TA from another country. I guess that by law we may sign a contract with any EU company we like and they should respect it, but I have doubts.

In the end, with MSC you can check-in online and select your language, so I guess you shouldn't have problems on board.

Anyway, even if I speak german and can find my way, I find it really stupid to go through all that hassle just to book a cruise :(

You can switch the language to English, which indicates that they are happy to do business with customers from other countries. We usually enter the MSC Club number in the comment field and also point to any Cruise Tomorrow vouchers we have, indicating that we will send a scan by e-mail.

The EU in the past fined corporations large sums for limiting consumers' ability to buy products and services anywhere in the single market. VW, e.g. had to pay several 100 millions in fines for instructing dealers in Italy not to sell to German customers so that VW could maintain the higher prices they charged in Germany. There are countless similar examples. Airlines were fined for charging different prices to passengers from different countries.

We once booked through an American TA and had no problems at all. Booking through a TA in another EU country should even be less of a risk.

I completely agree with you though, that we shouldn't have to go through this hassle just to get the best price. MSC should charge the same price, regardless of the country we book through.

• 3 weeks later...

Iglu......£549 on the Fantasia out of Venice on the 12th October, including return BA flights from LHR. Great deal!

hence my signature below....100 days to go!!

Edited by dmrolyat

...for the Divina Yacht Club cabins when she returns to Miami in the Fall of 2015....

BUT THE BEST BARGAIN IS.... the $10. coupon for onboard credit you can buy onboard MSC. I learned about it on CruiseCritic & bought one on our January cruise. As soon as I got home, I booked a Yacht Club cabin for next March. Because the booking was so far out...they accepted the coupon...which does have some restrictions.

e/$150 inside

e/$200 balcony

e/$300 suite

e/$400 yacht club cabin

So....we got the $400.obc added to our reservation for next March :O)

It would have been worth a lot more because of the exchange rate if we had paid in euros.

Enjoy!

I'm sitting on one of those vouchers but I fear it may well expire before I can find a cruise that they will allow me to book as a solo and at a reasonable price.

They are still worth buying. Previously enjoyed a €200 OBC on the Musica. Pretty good return on a €10 investment (or rather punt).

Enjoy!

I'm sitting on one of those vouchers but I fear it may well expire before I can find a cruise that they will allow me to book as a solo and at a reasonable price.

They are still worth buying. Previously enjoyed a €200 OBC on the Musica. Pretty good return on a €10 investment (or rather punt).

I was able to use my last one on our Armonia repo. I pleaded on the basis that we had been messed around so much and it was otherwise going to expire very shortly after that cruise and "all would be lost". It went went to Napoli and back of course but the answer was "Si".

I, like you, am holding one now which I fear i won't be able to use. You win some, you lose some.

What is this selling for in Europe???.....would like to take this but price in NA is way way tooo high

Price today on the UK web site is from £4079 ($7016 at £1= $1.72) without any mSC club dscounts

orcestra.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I was able to use my last one on our Armonia repo. I pleaded on the basis that we had been messed around so much and it was otherwise going to expire very shortly after that cruise and "all would be lost". It went went to Napoli and back of course but the answer was "Si".

I, like you, am holding one now which I fear i won't be able to use. You win some, you lose some.

Our next cruise is next March, they might not still be selling them then.

That much credit makes or breaks the booking. If I had bought another one, I definitly would have booked a second cruise.....but even if I hadn't....$10. is worth the gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

7 nights departing September 20, 2014 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Divina

Our Inside $299

Our Oceanview $529

Our Balcony $549

Our Suite $899

$$$ Book now and receive a FREE US$150 per cabin onboard credit on select balcony categories.

7 nights departing September 20, 2014 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Divina

Our Inside $299

Our Oceanview $529

Our Balcony $549

Our Suite $899

$$$ Book now and receive a FREE US$150 per cabin onboard credit on select balcony categories.

Just saw a Groupon offer for $239.00 for an inside

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-msc-cruises-eastern-western-caribbean

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Just received an email from a UK TA for a Costa half-world cruise 47 nights solo Australia-Italy for approx. £3K including flights.

Are Costa trying to pinch MSC solo clients??

Annie

Maybe. Would be good if they we're.I'm still looking for a repo for next year but reluctant to cough up 100% supplement. The lowest I've had on Costa is 30%. They are similar and all things being equal I prefer the onboard experience on MSC. Some of Costa's newer bigger (Joe Farcus designed ) ships are ugly great garish monstrosities but they also have some nicer ships too and if prices are substantially lower than on an equivalent MSC itinerary, I'd happily sail Costa again.

Hi

Just received an email from a UK TA for a Costa half-world cruise 47 nights solo Australia-Italy for approx. £3K including flights.

Annie

I make it £2346 without flights, sole occupancy of an inside. Not bad. Great compared to MSC pricing.

I make it £2346 without flights, sole occupancy of an inside. Not bad. Great compared to MSC pricing.

I also received an offer of a FO NY cruise in the Caribbean from a TA with flights averaging I think £100/night.

I wonder just wonder if MSC competitors realise there is a group of ex MSC solo cruisers they can tap.

Annie

I also received an offer of a FO NY cruise in the Caribbean from a TA with flights averaging I think £100/night.

I wonder just wonder if MSC competitors realise there is a group of ex MSC solo cruisers they can tap.

Annie

Annie, that is a most excellent question.

As I am an ex-MSC solo cruiser, I not only take the point but feel it heavily.

I am really pissed off with MSC's current solo pricing. Even if I fall back in love with MSC, I am going to be one of those people who complains forever. I don't like that in anyone - let alone myself.

Annie, that is a most excellent question.

As I am an ex-MSC solo cruiser, I not only take the point but feel it heavily.

I am really pissed off with MSC's current solo pricing. Even if I fall back in love with MSC, I am going to be one of those people who complains forever. I don't like that in anyone - let alone myself.

I don't believe in coincidences Tim.

In the same week I have received 2 rather attractive solo cruising offers from 2 of MSC's competitors - just thinking out loud.

I enjoyed my MSC repo cruises but MSC has a value/price level above which I am not prepared to pay. Strangely MSC competitor offers are coming in underneath that max. If that means no more MSC, I don't care.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

Hi

Annie

Do you know where I can find details of this repo cruise?

Thanks,

Ross

Do you know where I can find details of this repo cruise?

Thanks,

Ross

Search for "Costa Deliziosa 47 night cruise". It is actually half of a round-trip World cruise from Savona, Italy rather than a repo.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Search for "Costa Deliziosa 47 night cruise". It is actually half of a round-trip World cruise from Savona, Italy rather than a repo.

Thanks for that Tim. We are already booked with MSC on the same date for a transatlantic cruise on Peziosa but maybe the year after ..... would love to cruise from Australia to Europe (my wife HATES flying but most times we have no alternative).

Ross

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun Mar 15 Sydney, Australia Embark

Mon Mar 16 Sydney, Australia 6:00pm

Tue Mar 17 At Sea

Wed Mar 18 Melbourne, Australia 8:00am 6:00pm

Thu Mar 19 At Sea

Fri Mar 20 At Sea

Sat Mar 21 At Sea

Sun Mar 22 Perth (Fremantle), Australia 9:00am 6:00pm

Mon Mar 23 At Sea

Tue Mar 24 At Sea

Wed Mar 25 At Sea

Thu Mar 26 At Sea

Fri Mar 27 At Sea

Sat Mar 28 At Sea

Sun Mar 29 At Sea

Mon Mar 30 Mauritius (Port Louis) 8:00am

Tue Mar 31 Mauritius (Port Louis) 6:00pm

Wed Apr 1 Pointe des Galets, Reunion Island 8:00am 6:00pm

Thu Apr 2 At Sea

Fri Apr 3 At Sea

Sat Apr 4 At Sea

Sun Apr 5 Maputo, Mozambique 8:00am 5:00pm

Mon Apr 6 Richards Bay, South Africa 9:00am 6:00pm

Tue Apr 7 Durban, South Africa 8:00am 10:00pm

Wed Apr 8 At Sea

Thu Apr 9 At Sea

Fri Apr 10 Cape Town, South Africa 8:00am

Sat Apr 11 Cape Town, South Africa 10:00pm

Sun Apr 12 At Sea

Mon Apr 13 At Sea

Tue Apr 14 Walvis Bay, Namibia 8:00am 4:00pm

Wed Apr 15 At Sea

Thu Apr 16 At Sea

Fri Apr 17 St. Helena, UK Territory 9:00am 6:00pm

Sat Apr 18 At Sea

Sun Apr 19 At Sea

Mon Apr 20 At Sea

Tue Apr 21 At Sea

Wed Apr 22 Dakar, Senegal 8:00am 6:00pm

Thu Apr 23 At Sea

Fri Apr 24 At Sea

Sat Apr 25 Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Canary Islands 8:00am 6:00pm

Sun Apr 26 Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands 8:00am 6:00pm

Mon Apr 27 At Sea

Tue Apr 28 Malaga, Spain 8:00am 6:00pm

Wed Apr 29 At Sea

Thu Apr 30 Marseille, France 9:00am 6:00pm

Fri May 1 Savona, Italy 9:00am

Thanks Tim.

MSC Australia have another "SALE" on at the moment including a 21 night cruise from Southampton to Sth Africa from only AU$1105 pp (GBP 620) BUT (and a BIG but for you and other single travellers) they are not accepting single occupancy bookings.

I suppose they want more people on board as a captive audience spending money .........