MSC Bargains Thread

Skipper Tim

book a Med cruise and get a 7 night Caribbean cruise free????

MSC gives a free Divina Caribbean cruise for an inclusive Med package

MSC Cruises USA is offering inclusive air/land/sea vacation package deals for MSC Divina while the line's ship dedicated to North Americans is in the Mediterranean, May 16 through Sept. 19, 2015.

As a special promotion, travelers who book the air/land/sea package before Oct. 31 will receive a free seven-night cruise on MSC Divina in the Caribbean for select sailings between now and the end of the year. A non-refundable $500 deposit by Oct. 31 on the Mediterranean package is required to get the Caribbean cruise, which may be transferred to family or friends.

Starting at $1,899, the 10-night package includes round-trip airfare to Rome or Barcelona, a seven-night cruise, a two-night post-cruise stay in a four-star hotel and transfers.

The package deals make it easy and convenient for travelers to visit the Mediterranean, according to Ken Muskat, evp sales, public relations and guest services for MSC Cruises USA.

The packages are offered from Miami, New York and Chicago, with MSC Divina itineraries departing from Civitavecchia (Rome) or Barcelona. MSC Cruises personnel will meet travelers upon arrival at the airport for their port of embarkation as well as at the hotel.

MSC Divina’s Mediterranean season includes the ability to embark at Civitavecchia on Saturdays or Barcelona on Wednesdays. Late-night stays are planned at La Spezia, facilitating visits to Pisa, Florence, Portofino and the Cinque Terre region, and at Palma de Mallorca, allowing passengers to experience the island's lively nightlife. Naples is among the ports visited.

Government fees and taxes and airport taxes are not included in the Mediterranean package, and the free Caribbean cruise entails the base fare, not government fees and taxes, fuel surcharges and service charges.

I agree that they are hoping to do that; I suspect, however, that it's unlikely to work. There are many sophisticated people in the USA but the market as a whole seems to be more risk averse than in Europe. Add that to a fairly hazy grasp of geography and people will be convinced that Ebola must be rife in the Mediterranean because it's next to Africa.

Oddly enough, I was discussing this last night with my daughter, who's a doctor; the initial symptoms of Noro are pretty close to the initial symptoms of Ebola. I am happy to risk my neck doing water sports on a tall ship voyage but the prospect of being on board one of the mega ships with people who fib on the medical questionnaire looks distinctly unattractive.

I hope that there is contingency planning :D

I agree that they are hoping to do that; I suspect, however, that it's unlikely to work. There are many sophisticated people in the USA but the market as a whole seems to be more risk averse than in Europe. Add that to a fairly hazy grasp of geography and people will be convinced that Ebola must be rife in the Mediterranean because it's next to Africa.

Oddly enough, I was discussing this last night with my daughter, who's a doctor; the initial symptoms of Noro are pretty close to the initial symptoms of Ebola. I am happy to risk my neck doing water sports on a tall ship voyage but the prospect of being on board one of the mega ships with people who fib on the medical questionnaire looks distinctly unattractive.

I hope that there is contingency planning :D

A very good point.

The graphs I have seen for Ebola point to it still growing exponentially. It is not under control at all. Transmission, however does require contact with 'bodily fluids'. Let me tell you in confidence that I don't do that sort of thing and I expect I will be safe on my future travels.

Edited by Skipper Tim

A very good point.

The graphs I have seen for Ebola point to it still growing exponentially. It is not under control at all. Transmission, however does require contact with 'bodily fluids'. Let me tell you in confidence that I don't do that sort of thing and I expect I will be safe on my future travels.

And neither do I; unfortunately sometimes one doesn't have a choice about being exposed, in much the same way that one doesn't have a choice when a very drunk passenger throws up in the lift. Suffice it to say that the only firm plans my daughter and I have made involve the Eurostar and the Paris-Venice sleeper train :)

• 2 weeks later...
Divina 13 Dec 2014, $229 B1 Balcony guarantee, seven nights, Miami.

I'm not telling my BFF who is sailing with her hubby that week and the week before to celebrate a special birthday. It will be her first time with MSC and she booked ages ago and know she paid a heck of a lot more than that.

This is the best bargain I have ever seen: Divina 29 Nov 2014, seven nights, Miami, only $199, balcony B1 guarantee.

Wow, where do you find these prices???? I'm already booked for Dec. 6th and would love to add another week.

I just checked on the MSC USA website and only interior cabins are left and they want a little over $300 pp for them.

Edited by CTBob

Wow, where do you find these prices???? I'm already booked for Dec. 6th and would love to add another week.

I just checked on the MSC USA website and only interior cabins are left and they want a little over $300 pp for them.

I saw it advertised on an online website, headquartered in Dania Beach, FL. They regularly undersell MSC, as I think they purchase discounted quantities of cabins for resale.

I saw it advertised on an online website, headquartered in Dania Beach, FL. They regularly undersell MSC, as I think they purchase discounted quantities of cabins for resale.
Thanks but I guess I missed that deal. I can still find $199 for an inside but a balcony is now $549 which is what I paid. I'll shop better next time.

Bob

Thanks but I guess I missed that deal. I can still find $199 for an inside but a balcony is now $549 which is what I paid. I'll shop better next time. Bob

Bob- I just checked again and the B1 balcony guarantee $199 is still listed as available on their website if you want to add a week. Maybe their website is wrong? Did you call them?

neptuno - Thanks, I am booked. This makes my December 6th cruise a B2B for a great price. My wife who usually needs to think about these things had changed her doctor's appointment before I even completed my booking! I know that there are many poor balconies on the Divina but at this price, who cares. Bob

neptuno - Thanks, I am booked. This makes my December 6th cruise a B2B for a great price. My wife who usually needs to think about these things had changed her doctor's appointment before I even completed my booking! I know that there are many poor balconies on the Divina but at this price, who cares. Bob

So glad to hear you managed to avail of such a fantastic offer. Also love the attitude regarding the cabin you may be allocated :cool: You're now hopefully going to have DOUBLE the fun you were expecting and looking forward to :D Have a great one, Bob.

Solid deal for 2 people in a balcony. $708 for 2 people with all fees and taxes is a steal. I wish I could take the time off, but I already used my vacation for a cruise on the Divina from Nov 1st - 8th. I gave the info to a couple folks and hopefully they can take advantage of it. Thanks for posting the heads up.