MSC Bargains Thread

Skipper Tim

Thanks Tim.

MSC Australia have another "SALE" on at the moment including a 21 night cruise from Southampton to Sth Africa from only AU$1105 pp (GBP 620) BUT (and a BIG but for you and other single travellers) they are not accepting single occupancy bookings.

I suppose they want more people on board as a captive audience spending money .........

I am sure they do but you can be sure that they will sail on a repo with empty cabins. It would be better to have one revenue-generating occupant than none!

That fare is very reasonable - far better than the UK fare of £1459 for the same cruise! Rip-off Britain.

I am sure they do but you can be sure that they will sail on a repo with empty cabins. It would be better to have one revenue-generating occupant than none!

That fare is very reasonable - far better than the UK fare of £1459 for the same cruise! Rip-off Britain.

It would appear to be that Australia is now benefiting from a preferential pricing policy enjoyed by UK MSC cruisers for the last few years.

I sailed on a repo north fro SA in March and Tim you are correct - I think the ship was running at 80% capacity and that was with UK solo preferential pricing in place. BTW many guests from other countries were very angry at that policy - maybe that helped to the discontinuance of the policy.

Annie

7-Night Eastern Caribbean

MSC DIVINA | Roundtrip from Miami

Ports of call: Miami, Florida | Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

2014 Departure Dates:

Best Available Dates

SEP

$279

OCT

$249

These prices are ridiculous, even although it might be a bit of a choppy sail. I might just live on Divina if I stayed in Miami.

Yes wish I lived closer to the port.

Even as a solo paying double (200%)they are a good deal.

• 1 month later...

we paid 700 total with taxes for an inside guarantee thats 100 a day how can u go wrong cant even stay in a days inn for that plus we get the caribbean:) so glad we can go whenever we want being we live so close to th ports

we paid 700 total with taxes for an inside guarantee thats 100 a day how can u go wrong cant even stay in a days inn for that plus we get the caribbean:) so glad we can go whenever we want being we live so close to th ports

That is a good deal too. Proximity to ports helps that's for sure. For me the trouble is having to arrange time off from work and not being able to take the chance on something coming up at the last minute.

Once I'm retired, it will be a different story, I'll be able to watch out for last minute bargains to wherever!

I notice that the U.S. and Australian fares for this very grand voyage have come within a more sensible range: 3,299 AUD and 3,019 USD (£1781 and £1858 respectively) despite all the protestations 6 months ago on the roll call and elsewhere that it had totally sold out. £1781 works out at £54/night so still over double the old repo rate of £25 pn for an inside but less than half the current UK pricing of £4079 = £123.60 pn!!!

I notice that the U.S. and Australian fares for this very grand voyage have come within a more sensible range: 3,299 AUD and 3,019 USD (£1781 and £1858 respectively) despite all the protestations 6 months ago on the roll call and elsewhere that it had totally sold out. £1781 works out at £54/night so still over double the old repo rate of £25 pn for an inside but less than half the current UK pricing of £4079 = £123.60 pn!!!

and....................?

and....................?

... and therefore there is still availability and the nearer to sailing we get, the fewer people there are to commit to a 33 night holiday and find suitable flights at relatively short notice. Fares are on a downward trajectory and this may open up this cruise to those who originally couldn't bear the high fares but are nevertheless logistically prepared for it.

... and therefore there is still availability and the nearer to sailing we get, the fewer people there are to commit to a 33 night holiday and find suitable flights at relatively short notice. Fares are on a downward trajectory and this may open up this cruise to those who originally couldn't bear the high fares but are nevertheless logistically prepared for it.

Since this has just occurred with the Opera's repo' to South Africa, it should be on the cards.

Hi all, I have been reading lots of your comments and see many of you upset with the MSC prices.

This would be my first on MSC and not sure what to expect.

What do you think of the price on this cruise.

BA b2 $2564 AUD

IN i2 $2042 AUD

We will be in Buenos Aires and need to get to Europe so this was a good choice and she sails into Venice.

Thanks in advance

John

Is that pp John or for 2?

Presume it is in the region of 17-19 nights.

Think I paid around £1200-1300 for cruise only in a balcony a couple of years ago, so it is not hugely more expensive. They don't seem to do as good deals in Australia as they have done in the past here in the UK.

It is not the bargain of the upcoming CPe Town sailing but I suspect we won't see bargains like that on other repos unless it is very close to the sailing date.

I really enjoy sailing with MSC as you can tell from my signature but they don't suit everyone.

Hi guys,

I just paid $2700 AUD for 2 people for the middle level balcony cabin, for the cruise 25 night La Romana -> Venice.

Pretty cheap!!

Indeed it is and that is a repo I'm very interested in. Seems Australia are finally starting to get some of the deals we used to here in the UK. Maybe I should try to find a Cruise TA when I'm in Australia next month:)!

33 nights departing February 21, 2015 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Orchestra

Brochure Inside $6,040

Inside $3,019

Brochure Oceanview $7,140

Oceanview $3,569

The prices shown are US dollars per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability. They include port charges but do not include airfare.

I posted this on another thread regarding

OPERA UK to S. Africa sailing 7th Oct 21 nights

STILL AVAILABLE AT THAT PRICE flights and transfers included

Just booked this one, yesterday, and got an OV "Bella" for £639.40pp (20% discount applied) including the free flights and transfers.

Managed to talk to a supervisor and explain the case for an upgrade to "Fantastica" she contacted head office for me and today the upgrade fairy worked her magic and we now have an OV "Fantastica" cabin for no extra cost.

The power of 2 Black cards , which I used as part of my explanation, seemed to help.

Pete

if you cost the airfare at £550 and subtract it from the total cost then the cruise is £4.26 pppn

BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I posted this on another thread regarding

OPERA UK to S. Africa sailing 7th Oct 21 nights

STILL AVAILABLE AT THAT PRICE flights and transfers included

if you cost the airfare at £550 and subtract it from the total cost then the cruise is £4.26 pppn

BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Practically giving it away!

Just hope they do the same with some ofmthe spring repos but with a bit more notice. Heck I'd be happy with £426 never mind £4.26.

Looked at that one.....not all that cheap over $100 per day per person and wow......tooooooo close to Africa for me with all the Ebola scare......lol....Ken

21 nights departing October 7, 2014 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Opera

Brochure Inside $3,860

Inside $1,929

Brochure Oceanview $4,440

Oceanview $2,219

Is that pp John or for 2?

Presume it is in the region of 17-19 nights.

Think I paid around £1200-1300 for cruise only in a balcony a couple of years ago, so it is not hugely more expensive. They don't seem to do as good deals in Australia as they have done in the past here in the UK.

It is not the bargain of the upcoming CPe Town sailing but I suspect we won't see bargains like that on other repos unless it is very close to the sailing date.

I really enjoy sailing with MSC as you can tell from my signature but they don't suit everyone.

It's a 21 NT cruise per person. Have done a few cruises but this would be a first with MSC.

Another bargain I've just stumbled across:

"Best price of the day" according to MSC - from €265 inside Bella for 11 nights on Fantasia return from Rome to Canaries on December 4th next - €24pppn. That's less than £19 per night!!!

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/Cruise-Departures/MSC-Fantasia-Cruise-Itinerary-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=FA20141204CVVCVV&ship_code=FA