Piano Bar Schedule (updated)

mhurdle127

I think it is Greg Gallello. Had a great time in the piano bar with him on Noordam in December. Enjoy!

Copied from Greg Gallello's website:

JAN 11TH - MAY 20TH

Excited to be back on Holland America Eurodamn, starting off in the Caribbean before heading over to the Mediterranian for the final month of cruising. These cruises will include performing with talent artists on the charter cruises put on by Entertainment Cruise Productions, among these will be the Jazz Cruise, Smooth Jazz Cruise, Country cruise and Centric presents the Soul Train Cruise!

Sir Stryker on MS Zuiderdam mid February- end of March.

Zuiderdam cruisers are in for a very big treat. Awesome performer.

Stryker is great! A wonderful piano man, a piano man's piano man. Wait till you see his beautiful outfits. Ask to see his socks

Michael Sara

Michael Sara was on the Noordy TA crossing in Oct. Guess he hasn't left the ship. A real disappointment, IMO. He's a Don Ho type. An entertainer. He did pack the Piano Bar but real piano-man enthusiasts were disappointed.

Edited by Chelly

Copied from Greg Gallello's website:

JAN 11TH - MAY 20TH

Excited to be back on Holland America Eurodamn, starting off in the Caribbean before heading over to the Mediterranian for the final month of cruising. These cruises will include performing with talent artists on the charter cruises put on by Entertainment Cruise Productions, among these will be the Jazz Cruise, Smooth Jazz Cruise, Country cruise and Centric presents the Soul Train Cruise!

Thanks Sooo Much! Super excited and can't hardly wait!!

Michael Sara was on the Noordy TA crossing in Oct. Guess he hasn't left the ship. A real disappointment, IMO. He's a Don Ho type. An entertainer. He did pack the Piano Bar but real piano-man enthusiasts were disappointed.

I totally agree. I'm "lucky" enough to have him on my upcoming Noordam Feb. 6th sailing. I saw him on the Eurodam a few years ago -- Not a fan of his pre-recorded synthesizer music disks that he uses along with the piano playing (and I take it he still uses them). I'll give him credit for being a good singer, but I also thought he was not particularly interested in having the crowd singing along -- Like he was drawing an "I'm the performer and you're the audience" boundary.

Oh well ... I guess I'll try to make the best of it.

I totally agree. I'm "lucky" enough to have him on my upcoming Noordam Feb. 6th sailing. I saw him on the Eurodam a few years ago -- Not a fan of his pre-recorded synthesizer music disks that he uses along with the piano playing (and I take it he still uses them). I'll give him credit for being a good singer, but I also thought he was not particularly interested in having the crowd singing along -- Like he was drawing an "I'm the performer and you're the audience" boundary.

Oh well ... I guess I'll try to make the best of it.

And I totally agree with you. I hated the synthesizer! He puts on a pretty good "show" for those who enjoy that sort of entertainment. You are correct he does not encourage sing alongs; he is a showman. I must add that his wig was an unwelcome distraction. I left 30 minutes into his first performance on a 15-day TA and didn't return.

Sir Stryker on MS Zuiderdam mid February- end of March.

Zuiderdam cruisers are in for a very big treat. Awesome performer.

Stryker is terrific. We were on a Rotterdam transatlantic from Rome with him in 2009 so had lots of great evenings enjoying his music. Word got out fast and it was hard to get a seat by the end of that cruise. There was a cruise director-interview with him in the Crows Nest that was packed just before the end of the crossing. He has an amazing life story.

• 1 month later...

Greg Gallello Eurodam JAN 11TH - MAY 20TH

He was so popular that the last 2 nights they moved him up to the Crow's Nest so there was room for everyone.

We really enjoyed him - the best "Piano Bar Guy" we've seen in our 10 cruises.

Edited by summersigh

• 3 months later...

Hubby and I were on the Westerdam last week and discovered the piano bar a couple of nights into the cruise. Kenn Pettiford was the Piano Man and he was fabulous. We went in because it was a Name THat Tune and stayed for the rest of the evening. So personable, had the whole crowd laughing and singing.

What a talented pianist, singer and all around entertainer! Haven't seen him mentioned on this thread before. I think he's off for a couple of months and comes back in September.