Luggage Valet Service

How much is this and how does it work?

I believe it's $20 per person. Put your bags outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, and the next time you see them is at your destination airport. Royal also gives you your boarding passes and luggage checks.

See this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Edited by clarea

We just used this on Oasis a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. They just add $20 per bag to your on board acct and it really was simple. We used on board credit which was a bonus and also had free baggage fee's due to we have a Delta charge card. They will give you special tags to attach to your bags and they will pick them on the last night after 8pm I believe. We had several legs to our trip and our luggage went right along with us, although we did not have to mess with it. Any particular questions just ask. I will try and help.

We just used this on Oasis a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. They just add $20 per bag to your on board acct and it really was simple. We used on board credit which was a bonus and also had free baggage fee's due to we have a Delta charge card. They will give you special tags to attach to your bags and they will pick them on the last night after 8pm I believe. We had several legs to our trip and our luggage went right along with us, although we did not have to mess with it. Any particular questions just ask. I will try and help.

So it's per bag and not per person? We have a late 5:30 flight out of FLL so didn't want to lug it around all day. We are probably renting a car and doing something instead of sitting at airport all day.

So it's per bag and not per person? We have a late 5:30 flight out of FLL so didn't want to lug it around all day. We are probably renting a car and doing something instead of sitting at airport all day.

No - it is per person, and not per bag. And only one person has to participate and the bags will all be listed under that name. Note that the airline bag fees still apply as a separate charge.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's $20 per person. In fact, if you fly Southwest and you only have a total of two bags, you can just put the bags in one person's name and pay $20 total.

It's $20 per person. In fact, if you fly Southwest and you only have a total of two bags, you can just put the bags in one person's name and pay $20 total.

There are 4 of us but most likely will have only 3 bags that we want to check. So just put all of them in my name and it should only cost us $20? What about boarding passes then? Will they still print out all of ours? Yes we are flying southwest.

Edited by Sky616

We did that with USAir. They charged their typical $25 fee for the first bag and $35 for the second under the same name, but with only one person participating, it still was still $10 less than both participating and paying for one bag each.

There are 4 of us but most likely will have only 3 bags that we want to check. So just put all of them in my name and it should only cost us $20? What about boarding passes then? Will they still print out all of ours? Yes we are flying southwest.

Yes it should work that way unless SW has a charge for the third bag under the same name. Boarding passes will be issued. but no guarantee they will sign in on the 24 hour mark, so unless you have prepaid the extra "Earlybird" check in charge for "A" or have that built into your fare, you may get "B" or "C".

Edited to add: Just checked, SW does charge $75 for a third bag checked in under the same passenger, so you may want to rethink that and pay the additional $20 for a second person.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Used it last December on Allure. It worked well. Charge is per person as mentioned by several people. We used SWA and were within their baggage limits so no additional charge. Put out the luggage much as we have always done the day before we returned to port. A little more paperwork for the program, but nothing really difficult to complete. We never saw our bags till we arrived home!!! Just have to make sure you are taking flights that are within the time frame. Also for SWA the program may not get you into the first boarding groups. Of course, if you would pre-board anyway based on SWA requirements this is not an issue. Bottom line would use it again.

Yes it should work that way unless SW has a charge for the third bag under the same name. Boarding passes will be issued. but no guarantee they will sign in on the 24 hour mark, so unless you have prepaid the extra "Earlybird" check in charge for "A" or have that built into your fare, you may get "B" or "C".

Edited to add: Just checked, SW does charge $75 for a third bag checked in under the same passenger, so you may want to rethink that and pay the additional $20 for a second person.

Right. Southwest charges for the 3rd bag so the OP would have to split them up between two people or be charged extra.

The bad part is if for some reason you are not accepted you don't find out until it to late to make other arrangements. We planned to get to the Seattle airport by taking a cab then the train, easy w/o bags. At 7:00 the night before departure, a knock on the door and was handed a letter that they were unable to fulfill my request.:mad: Now it was to late to buy airport xfers on the ship. Luckily we were able to purchase them in the terminal.

Does your flight have to depart at a certain time to use the service? Looking at an 11:50am flight our of FLL. Thanks!

Yes, there are limited to the flight times. I believe the early limit is 11:30am at FLL.

If only one person participates then they only print out that persons boarding pass. The others will have to print there own or download to your phone.

1130 AM I think was the cut off for being to early out of FLL. If I was doing SWA I would add Early Bird just to make sure you get in the A group.

It's well worth the charge. They will charge any airlines baggage fees to your ship board account. There are a couple of blocks you can check on the form if you are exempt from fees for some reason.

Don't miss the cut off time to turn in the form. Our son missed the turn in time by 10 minutes and there was nothing they would do. Totally his fault so sorry so sad, but you had all week to get it done.

One last question on the luggage valet service. Is this something you can reserve now or would I have to wait to get on the ship?

You must reserve it at Guest Services on the ship.

RCCL Boarding passes will only be print boarding passes for only for the person actually registered and paid for the Luggage Valet service. So if you only register 1 person with 3 bags, the other 3 people will have to have obtain their boarding passes themselves.

It's well worth the charge. They will charge any airlines baggage fees to your ship board account. There are a couple of blocks you can check on the form if you are exempt from fees for some reason.]

My wife gets 2 bags free with her USAir Dividend Miles - I assumed we'd lose that benefit if we used the Luggage Valet onboard.

But you're saying we would still get the baggage exemption?

It's well worth the charge. They will charge any airlines baggage fees to your ship board account. There are a couple of blocks you can check on the form if you are exempt from fees for some reason.]

My wife gets 2 bags free with her USAir Dividend Miles - I assumed we'd lose that benefit if we used the Luggage Valet onboard.

Good question! We have free baggage on US Airways since we have their credit card. Would our baggage still be free and we would just then pay the $20/person for luggage valet?

Be careful if you used a special fare on SWA; SWA requires verification that the person qualifies for the fare. DH was booked on a senior fare. He was declined for luggage valet, apparently because SWA wanted to verify his age at checkin to assure he qualified for his fare. His age is on his FF account, but they needed to actually check ID and do something in their system to verify it. I think perhaps the same might happen with a child.

So, if you want luggage valet, be sure to have your age pre-verified at the airport in advance (maybe on flight down) if flight home was booked as senior fare.

Good question! We have free baggage on US Airways since we have their credit card. Would our baggage still be free and we would just then pay the $20/person for luggage valet?

Yes-if you get free bags due to Elite status with the airline or through your credit card, there is a place to mark that on the form. The airline also will know and will not bill the additional fee. I know my dad was AA Platinum Executive when we flew out of Ft. Lauderdale in January and there was no additional bag fee billed for his as that is a benefit. (He also has the AA Credit Card that would include the free bag benefit). He only had to pay $20 and put his wife's and his bags under his tag. He did check himself in early to ensure his upgrade to First Class though. I think they still printed his boarding pass.

I'm not nearly as frequent of traveler as my dad was so I just paid the $20 for both my boyfriend and me ($40 total). We could have saved money and only paid for one person, but it wasn't that much savings. i was billed the luggage fees for each, as I should be. It was so nice not having to worry about our luggage at all or the checkin and luggage drop off lines at the airport when we arrived. I highly recommend the service to anyone.

We did book ours using the interactive TV on Allure. That said, I would still confirm with a phone call to GSD just to make sure. It's that important to me to make sure I have been enrolled.