Lifeboats

Surrealistic

Is Cheers accepted on the lifeboats? Will there be tax on the whole program or just per drink if we board the lifeboats in US waters? Can I share a drink with my spouse if I tip the lifeboat bartender extra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Cheers accepted on the lifeboats? Will there be tax on the whole program or just per drink if we board the lifeboats in US waters? Can I share a drink with my spouse if I tip the lifeboat bartender extra?

Cheers can be used for the on-board water rations. If you board the lifeboat in U.S. waters you will also be subject to an immigration tax, as you are returning to the country in a different manner from how you left.

You may only share water rations with your spouse if everyone on your row of seats has the CHeers program.

Yes, but only while being totally inappropriately dressed for the MDR! (and smoking!)

Speaking of smoking, I'm using my e-cig on the lifeboat and you can't tell me no. So. There.

Does who the cruise director is on your lifeboat really matter to you?

Since it is always a sea day on your lifeboat, will it be the brunch menu?

My 18-year-old actually looks much younger than he is. Do you think I can have him board the lifeboats first with the women and children?

Your lifeboat is the one in front of your muster station.

Unless you have FTTF. Then you get on the first one you come to, and push all others out of the way, ESPECIALLY those darn platinums. ;)

Imagine the lines to lifeboat Guest Services! Do you still get to use the shorter Platinum/FTTF line?

Are they designed for American size butts? if not, I will expect compensation for my discomfort.

Kidding aside, on the Behind the Fun Tour on the Glory they did open up the side of a lifeboat to show us the inside. Nope we couldn't go aboard but its just a bench seat, one long bench.

You pretty much want to be in the middle otherwise you end up having to help row!!!.....

:cool::eek::D

Kidding aside, on the Behind the Fun Tour on the Glory they did open up the side of a lifeboat to show us the inside. Nope we couldn't go aboard but its just a bench seat, one long bench.

You pretty much want to be in the middle otherwise you end up having to help row!!!.....

:cool::eek::D

My concern is that their capacity and weight ratings are not based off of the average American of today. You can't cram 150 of your typical Carnival cruiser on one of those.

Those that don't have platinum / FTTF will have to be strapped to the top, or towed behind the boat with a rope.

Kidding aside (for just one moment). They should play a video on the cabin TV that shows how they are actually loaded, and how darn full those things are when at capacity.

With a reminder that you CANNOT take ANY of your luggage, because there's no room. Not your Jimmy Choos, not your CPAP machine. Just your ID and cash, and it better fit in your pocket.

Now, back to the fun... Be sure to tell us what you would INSIST has to go with you.

Kidding aside (for just one moment). They should play a video on the cabin TV that shows how they are actually loaded, and how darn full those things are when at capacity.

With a reminder that you CANNOT take ANY of your luggage, because there's no room. Not your Jimmy Choos, not your CPAP machine. Just your ID and cash, and it better fit in your pocket.

Now, back to the fun... Be sure to tell us what you would INSIST has to go with you.

Personally, I'd prefer to be in one of the crew rafts.

Dear John Heard,

.I am a platinum with 10 cruises. I will be celebrating my birthannivmoon on the Carnival Titanic and need a lifeboat for two . Being a platinum, I have certainly earned this. Thank you.

PS Did I mention I am a Platinum?

PSS and some strawberries... Being that I am Platinum.