BARCELONA PORT - Information

I have a question about tipping at the pier. Do you tip the porters in Barcelona and if so how much? I know in the US I usually tip about $1-$2 a bag.

There's no compulsory tipping, but a euro a bag would be kind, however they won't expect it and may even not accept it

I guess they have raised the port bus to 2.50 per person this season and with the supplement for the whole taxi just 3.10, you probably are just as well to take a taxi for just over 20 euro including distance, port fee, 1 euro per bag. If you want a 6 passenger taxi they will charge you 3.10 additional and if you reserve another fee. They should be able to fit normal luggage for family of 4 in standard taxi.

The bus is 2.15 for single journey. It looks like they have changed the T10 ticket that you could have combined to a T4 ticket that is for 10 journeys per passenger for 3.90 euro but is per person now. You used to be able to share them.

The T12 childrens card is free for children 4 to 14 and children under 4 travel free.

http://www.tmb.cat/en/sistema-tarifari-integrat/-/ticket/T4

Bus 20

http://www.tmb.cat/en/linia-de-bus/-/bus/20

Bus D20

http://www.tmb.cat/en/linia-de-bus/-/bus/D20

So what would be the most efficient tickets to buy if four adults are taking 1 subway trip from liceu station to Sagrada and back again? I was counting on buying the t10 tickets and sharing it.

So what would be the most efficient tickets to buy if four adults are taking 1 subway trip from liceu station to Sagrada and back again? I was counting on buying the t10 tickets and sharing it.

The T10 was not coming up for me at the time of that post, but after someone posted a link, I was able to find the T10 again. The T10 would definitely be a good option for the metro.

We fly into BCN, then plan to ake the AeroBus to Parca Catalonya. How do we pay for the bus tickets?

We'll be staying overnight near Parca Catalonya, arriving late afternoon. We embark NCL Jade the next morning. Planning to take a taxi from the hotel to the ship terminal. Is there a chance we could have the taxi driver take around for a quick look at Sagada Familia before he takes us to the ship terminal? Would hate to miss even a glimce of it!

Thanks for all the great info. m--

We fly into BCN, then plan to ake the AeroBus to Parca Catalonya. How do we pay for the bus tickets?

We'll be staying overnight near Parca Catalonya, arriving late afternoon. We embark NCL Jade the next morning. Planning to take a taxi from the hotel to the ship terminal. Is there a chance we could have the taxi driver take around for a quick look at Sagada Familia before he takes us to the ship terminal? Would hate to miss even a glimce of it!

Thanks for all the great info. m--

Depending on the hotel, they might have a taxi rank right out front and the bell/door staff could just make sure the driver understands your desire and with the taxi meter running, they will be more than happy to do a quick tour prior to heading to the ship. If they have to call a taxi there will be a small charge of 3.40 euro. They will also add 4.20 for entering the port area. The other charges are by time and kilometer displayed on meter.

Depending on your situation you could always take the metro or bus up to segrada and return to the hotel for transport to the port as well.

Depending on the hotel, they might have a taxi rank right out front and the bell/door staff could just make sure the driver understands your desire and with the taxi meter running, they will be more than happy to do a quick tour prior to heading to the ship. If they have to call a taxi there will be a small charge of 3.40 euro. They will also add 4.20 for entering the port area. The other charges are by time and kilometer displayed on meter.

Depending on your situation you could always take the metro or bus up to segrada and return to the hotel for transport to the port as well.

Thanks for the great info. m--

Can anyone make suggestions for left luggage in Barcelona.

We will be ending our cruise in Barcelona with a flight later in the day.

We would love to do a little (quick) sightseeing but would rather not take all the luggage with us, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

We would love to do a little (quick) sightseeing but would rather not take all the luggage with us, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

There was a service in the port building off Allure which offered luggage storage plus taking it to the airport, I believe it was €5 a bag

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but there are stores inside the Barcelona terminal after you pass immigration and security scans in which you can purchase duty free wine.

We purchased 4 bottles and were prepared to hand over the 2 above our carry on limit of 2 but there were no further checks after purchase.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but there are stores inside the Barcelona terminal after you pass immigration and security scans in which you can purchase duty free wine.

We purchased 4 bottles and were prepared to hand over the 2 above our carry on limit of 2 but there were no further checks after purchase.

Any further security following the port security entering the building, would be done by ship security as you board the ship.

My last RCI Liberty sailing certainly had a security control on the deck of the ship. Both embarking passengers and those in transit were controlled. This would be ship and sailing specific.

Thanks

http://www.deliverywarehouse.es/

Depending on ship they can have a 20 to 30 minute line for left luggage and are located in the terminal building right at the end of the area where the luggage carousels are distributing bags.

• 2 weeks later...
Any further security following the port security entering the building, would be done by ship security as you board the ship.

My last RCI Liberty sailing certainly had a security control on the deck of the ship. Both embarking passengers and those in transit were controlled. This would be ship and sailing specific.

Sometimes they have a check as you board the ship and sometimes they don't. When we boarded Allure in Barcelona on 14th June they were checking bags before security and taking a note of stateroom numbers. However once through security there was no check onboard the ship so theoretically we could have bought wine in the shop inside the terminal and walked on with as much wine as we wanted.

In the past they have had people checking for bottles and taking a note of the stateroom and once, when I boarded only 10 minutes after other family members they didn't have anyone checking their bags but by the time I got onboard they were checking bags and had set up a table for someone to take note of staterooms of those who had wine in their bags.

We disembarked from the Quantum on May 13, the same day there were so many ships in port. We had been to Barcelona a few years before and had no problem getting a taxi. We got off the ship around 9 am and the taxi line was wrapped around the block. We ended up taking the port bus and then a taxi, not the easiest since the port bus was packed and we had luggage.In the future I will reserve transportation from the port for disembarking.

Maureen

We disembarked from the Quantum on May 13, the same day there were so many ships in port. We had been to Barcelona a few years before and had no problem getting a taxi. We got off the ship around 9 am and the taxi line was wrapped around the block. We ended up taking the port bus and then a taxi, not the easiest since the port bus was packed and we had luggage.In the future I will reserve transportation from the port for disembarking.

Maureen

Next time you could also look at cruisett dot com. It will show you how many ships and passengers are in port that day. That way you would know if you were going to run into this issue.

Maureen

May 13th was the 7th busiest date of the season for the Port of Barcelona. This really makes no difference as port operations are geared to the exact number of passengers scheduled.

One of the ships in port on your date, the Celebrity Reflection, had actually not sailed but as it was on a Russian charter. They were not disembarking.

This is relevant as I believe that Quantum had to move to Terminal A instead of Terminal B, where she was scheduled. This might have led to some initial confusion as even scheduled pick-ups are often delayed due to traffic on these heavy booking dates.

When Barcelona is over 15000 passengers they go to code red which means that they have special traffic direction, additional taxis and the port busses start collecting fares remotely from the lines so that the busses move as quickly as possible and they add additional busses.

If you really think about it, the port of Barcelona is really quite amazing in how they handle such an incredible amount of passengers, especially with most disembarking at the peak moment of 9 AM to 9:30 AM.

While the taxi lines do look excessive, they do board around 20 taxis per minute at each terminal. They pull the taxis in at a steady flow and they really do the best job possible.

I am new to cruising and will be leaving on my first through the Barcelona port. Dumb Question....Are there any regulations about checked bags or the small carry ones (the one they suggest you back for stuff until you are reconnected with your luggage) like at a airport for the ship's Port terminal process? (i.e. liquids)

I am new to cruising and will be leaving on my first through the Barcelona port. Dumb Question....Are there any regulations about checked bags or the small carry ones (the one they suggest you back for stuff until you are reconnected with your luggage) like at a airport for the ship's Port terminal process? (i.e. liquids)

No "checked" luggage restrictions (as in the ones you hand over then get delivered later) however any carry ons must fit through and airport size scanner (if it goes on a plane with you, it's okay) though they aren't as strict as airports (don't need to remove shoes/take laptops out etc)

Has anyone ever gotten the Barcelona Day Tours to pick you up from the airport? How did it work out?

I think if you read through the thread at the link below ("Anyone Use Barcelona Day Tours?"), which is further down the home Spain page, you'll find any number of folks who have. And you can do a search in the Spain forum. BDT has a great reputation on here. We used them last fall for a tour out to Montserrat and then some highlights back in Barcelona (we'd been there before), and they were wonderful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596665

Thanks. I have gotten BDT name from the forum. I am just curios of people who have used them straight from the airport. I read somewhere that they will pick you up, keep your luggage with you, tour for 4 hours and than drop you & luggage off at hotel. Just curios of people that have done this and feedback. I am using mobile devices right now while out of town (and have more time) but they are more limited on functionality.

I think if you read through the thread at the link below ("Anyone Use Barcelona Day Tours?"), which is further down the home Spain page, you'll find any number of folks who have. And you can do a search in the Spain forum. BDT has a great reputation on here. We used them last fall for a tour out to Montserrat and then some highlights back in Barcelona (we'd been there before), and they were wonderful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596665