Do you decorate your door?

OMG! I love that! Where did you get it? How much did it cost? And how quickly does it come in? We are getting married on the Imagination on August 3, 2014, so we are running out of time, but now I want one!

Thanks. Vista Print. It was about $20 or $23. It came fairly quickly (about two weeks) and they can ship faster if needed.

LoveBears ~

For the large flip flops, I traced one of my size 6 1/2 onto craft foam and cut it out, then cut strips of craft foam for the straps in a different color. Cut a small slit where the straps would go, push the straps through and duct taped them to the underside. For our name, I opened Microsoft Word, inserted the word art I liked, filled in the names with colors I liked and cut them out, laminated the name and glued them to the front of the flip flops. I used a small magnetic strip on the back to put them on the cabin door.

Bird and trees came from Party City or the Dollar Tree.

On the other door, I again used craft foam for the small flip-flops and sun glasses with magnetic strips on the back. You can go to also go the a craft store and find cheap unpainted items and paint them to suit you and add magnetic strips to the back.

I am the official door decorator for our cruises and I always try to do a nice design on the cheap and everyone is always happy with them.

I know cabins have door numbers, but decorated doors really do help in finding your room, especially when cruising with my 78 yr. old Mom. To me it is just an added extra to cruising fun.

Good luck. :)

Edited by HappyValley3

• 4 weeks later...

Just call me tacky then. Heck you could even sing the Weird Al song to me, but I will be decorating my door on the Triumph in November. And if anyone else decorates theirs, I'll be by to take a picture.

I'm a sci-fi geek and have thrown all kinds of theme parties at conventions, so I'm a pro at decorating small spaces, and I love it.

I am a professional, an adult, and I have five kids. In fact, I'm an attorney who represents kids, including kids in juvenile delinquency matters.

I know better.

But in my heart I'm still a juvenile. A bad one.

I cannot pass a white board on a door at night without writing something.

It's usually something funny, it's never a "bad word", and God help the people who have three or four cabins in a row with white boards on them.

I have now confessed my sins!

Disney only allows magnets, do not know what Carnival allows however if you use tape you will be responsible for damage to paint. I have decorated on several cruise lines it's kinda fun and I never lose my room.

If you use blue painter's masking tape it won't damage. Also the 3M sticky strips usually prevent damage too.

I am a professional, an adult, and I have five kids. In fact, I'm an attorney who represents kids, including kids in juvenile delinquency matters.

I know better.

But in my heart I'm still a juvenile. A bad one.

I cannot pass a white board on a door at night without writing something.

It's usually something funny, it's never a "bad word", and God help the people who have three or four cabins in a row with white boards on them.

I have now confessed my sins!

Hysterical!

I & love it even though it seems like

bCYMMJuajVODCcB6KI76fPjDpypQs4yqFP09evJL0q8=w296-h221-p-no

Valor 2014

Surprising my mother with a retirement cruise in 2 weeks, so I think I need to start looking for retirement decorations.

Where did you get the happy birthday ones from? Are they just taped on? I want to do this as a surprise for someone on our cruise in oct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by blondie151o

Disney only allows magnets, do not know what Carnival allows however if you use tape you will be responsible for damage to paint. I have decorated on several cruise lines it's kinda fun and I never lose my room.

Tape would never be necessary so no worry about damage.

Just use poster tacky for non-metal doors or magnetic tape for metal doors.

Edited by Eeyoregon

We have done some simple beachy/cruise themed signs for group cruises. With my kids, I brought gel window clings and put them on the windows of our oceanview cabins. The kids loved being able to find our cabins from the pier. (so did I, for that matter!) I'm a little paranoid and don't like the idea of our names on the doors. I did intend to do matching shirts for our last trip, but I ran out of time.

I don't but I admit it's nice to see decorated doors whilst navigating the corridors. :) I also appreciated it when my cabin steward decorated our door with a birthday sign with my name on it and birthday balloons. The room next to mine also had decorations to celebrate the couple who occupied it's wedding anniversary.

Edited by kiwigirl12

my friend is cruising with me, it is her second cruise first was in 2004. She is addicted to the movie Frozen, i found a poster that i plan on putting on the door when she isnt around :p :p :p I also bought a Canadian flag banner to hang on the balcony.

My daughter bought me these hanging flip flops that i put on our door on the Victory and the Valor

037_zps54ec8c63.jpg

Edited by hockeyluver

We just sailed the Dream July 27th and the kids were with us, we had a Grammie celebrating a birthday and our oldest dd was celebrating since this trip was her hs graduation trip. We had banners,balloons, streamers, a pirate mask for our son and we did window clings for the 3 aft ext balconies we had. It was fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I've decorated my door each cruise after my first one. Since my partner will not sail with me I usually go with my (94 yr old) aunt. We are both "locationally" challenged so it really helps us. For us, it's both fun and "necessary." It's all about fun.

We never decorated our door on past cruises. but this time I am going to.. I am a big scrap booker.... so I decorated a page on 12 by 12 card stock.... BUT I am going to make a copy of the page at Office Depot, and put the copy on another piece of card stock, and over the copy decorate with some of the same stuff so it will still have the 3 D appearance... I spent a few hrs on this page and don't want it ripped off my door. Soooo... if this one is ripped off it won't really matter... :) I showed it to a friend of mine that is also sailing on the Paradise a couple of mos after we do, and she asked me to make a copy for her as well... :)

I've done it for a while now....even if it is tacky, it's fun. ;)We usually sail around our anniversary and my birthday so I make a poster and maybe pick up a few tropical items at the $ store. I have had my share of decorations ripped off, but I always make a spare set too. Our cabin stewards have told us they like the poster because it helps them to remember our names. :D

We did for our Halloween cruise and we just bought stuff today for our cruise in November. We are going for a tiki beach theme.

Sent from my GALAXY Note II using Tapatalk 2

And your door was awesome at Halloween!

When it's a holiday like that, decorating the door is almost part of the agenda.