Ok…Can you give me a non-biased opinion...

DH & I are in early 40's. We are Emerald Level C&A and pretty loyal to royal. Last Royal trip was on Oasis and we loved it. We are trying to get away last minute. Price is sort of an issue as this is an unplanned vacation.

The last time that we were on Carnival was at least 15 years ago and was for a three day which was not great but I've heard great things about the Breeze.

We can either get a Spa Balcony on the Carnival Breeze or an inside on the Oasis. Same ports (we could really care less as to where we go anyway). Breeze is about $1000 less than the Oasis. That is a lot of money.

We went on the Norwegian Getaway for a brief inaugural cruise and DH hated the layout. He felt very claustrophobic without the promenade but has been on the Majesty of the Seas recently and still liked it a lot even though it is tiny. Perhaps he is just used to Royal

We are the type that has fun anywhere but can even minded souls give some advice. Cheap Carnival Spa Balcony or expensive crappy oasis room (We have not had an inside cabin in at least a decade or two).

I had an absolutely horrible time on my last Carnival cruise, BUT...for that amount of money, and an unplanned vacation, I might just try the Breeze. I've read good things about that ship and it looks nice. I'm back to RC, but I'll admit, the Breeze and also recently refurbished Liberty (8 day cruises with some nice itineraries) are in the back of my mind. Never say never. :)

I did not mean crappy room. There is just a big difference in a balcony vs. Inside. I do sleep great in an inside room but the Breeze is offering a Spa Balcony which is a good location and has some spa perks like a weeklong pass to the thermal suite etc. There is also no smoking on spa balconies as carnival still allows smoking on regular balconies which I hate

I vote for Carnival Breeze. You will have a good time, and will find plenty of things to like if you go with the intention of having a good time.

Maybe you can save the difference in price for a down payment on the Oasis in the cabin you want.

I LOVED the Oasis! I usually prefer inside rooms but decided to do a boardwalk balcony. All, I can say is when I go on the Allure, boardwalk balcony here I come! :D

Happy Sails!

We have sailed Princess, Royal and Carnival. While we are back to Royal, last September we went on the Breeze and absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful ship. We had a cove balcony, which, in itself, is a great experience. You are on the 2nd floor and so close to the water. We had room 2297 which is in between life boats so we had some sun. I have never been on Oasis, and I am more about relaxing and beaching then activities on the ship. The Breeze had all the standard kind of stuff, I would do the Breeze again if they had better ports. If you have never tried the Cove it was really cool and the price is usually low. I could have spent all day on that balcony.

We have sailed Princess, Royal and Carnival. While we are back to Royal, last September we went on the Breeze and absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful ship. We had a cove balcony, which, in itself, is a great experience. You are on the 2nd floor and so close to the water. We had room 2297 which is in between life boats so we had some sun. I have never been on Oasis, and I am more about relaxing and beaching then activities on the ship. The Breeze had all the standard kind of stuff, I would do the Breeze again if they had better ports. If you have never tried the Cove it was really cool and the price is usually low. I could have spent all day on that balcony.

I second the Cove Balcony! I know you mentioned getting the spa room, but we've sailed in those Cove rooms twice, and I tell you, they are pretty nice. (although you wouldn't get the spa level perks.) It's weird. The Cove rooms were some of the lowest price balcony cabins, but they're pretty cool.

Our last cruise with Carnival was on Dream. It was our second cruise on that ship in a cove balcony. Our first time on this ship (it was new) was great. It is very cool being close to the water, and those balconies are only one flight up from the main atrium. Really nice location. Unfortunately our experience the second time on that ship was bad. Really bad. We had really poor service in the MDR, and on top of that I got noro, and on top of THAT, we were sailing in Hurricane Sandy. Yes, right in it! Our cruise was extended an extra sea day because PC was closed. After that cruise I read here on CC that the level of service on that ship had delclined. BUT, I continue to lurk and have read really nice things about Breeze. I say go for it. Spa balcony or Cove. You'd probably have a nice time, and be sure to report back to CC.

I have been on Breeze but not Oasis. That being said, I would go the Breeze only because of the balcony instead of the inside. One thing about the cove balconies is should there be rough weather, your balcony will be closed off and you will virtually will have an inside.

We liked the Breeze but it in no way compares the Voyager, Freedom, or Oasis class ships. You will be unimpressed with the ship. For $1000, it is a nobrainer, Breeze. Anything less than that figure, it would be RCI for me.

Tim

I have been on about the same number of CCL and RCCL and I gave up on CCL. They really lost their edge, with entertainment and just all around quality. My last two left me with a bad taste and it will be a long time before I even think about it, and if only they show improvement.

While I've never sailed on Oasis, I sailed on Allure last Sept. and had a blast! In fact I sailed with Harold (Eng23) Be guided by what he says. The man is as close to a professional cruiser as you could come!

Elvis

I have been on Breeze but not Oasis. That being said, I would go the Breeze only because of the balcony instead of the inside. One thing about the cove balconies is should there be rough weather, your balcony will be closed off and you will virtually will have an inside.

We liked the Breeze but it in no way compares the Voyager, Freedom, or Oasis class ships. You will be unimpressed with the ship. For $1000, it is a nobrainer, Breeze. Anything less than that figure, it would be RCI for me.

Tim

This is true. On day 5 of our 7 day (which turned into 8 days!) cruise, our Cove balcony was closed off. We had a window, but we couldn't go out on our balcony. (They even brought the chairs and small table from our balcony into our room.) We would not have wanted to though; the seas were VERY rough! I understand they only close off those balconies in the most extreme weather, and we happened to be one of those cruises. I don't know if I would have gone out on my balcony at a higher level during conditions like we were in. It was pretty rough.

That said, our next cruise is in September. We like an adventure. :)

I vote the Breeze-it is a great ship! I have been on Breeze and Allure and given the price difference for a last-minute getaway, I would choose the Breeze! Is it an 8 day or 6 day? The spa is pretty nice on the Breeze, too.

While I've never sailed on Oasis, I sailed on Allure last Sept. and had a blast! In fact I sailed with Harold (Eng23) Be guided by what he says. The man is as close to a professional cruiser as you could come!

Elvis

Thanks for the recognition! Maybe once I retire I can become a professional cruiser!! :)

As you can see I am dabbling with Carnival a little. One for the price and getting to try something different. I have heard many good things about the Breeze so I decided to give it a try. The Pride cruise earlier this year was a spur of the moment decision and was only a short drive to get to. Next year the Splendor comes to my homeport. That means no driving or flying!!! :D

I've been on both ships.

With the spa balcony, use of the thermal suite in the spa is included. The thermal suite area of the spa on the Breeze includes a thalassotherapy pool, and is far superior to the similar area on the Oasis.

For a $1,000 less, in a better cabin, on the same itinerary, choose the Breeze.

For me a cabin is a cabin and is mostly meant for sleeping. I went on carnival for my first cruise and have gone royal caribbean ever since. I look for the shipboard activities and not the cabin itself since I don't spend much time in it anyway. I'd definitely go oasis!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums