Do I need to have my ID with me on the ship?

Ronie_Ver

I have one of those baby faces, I don't look 21. If I want to buy a drink, can they check it when scanning my S&S card or should I have my ID with me just in case? Also, the serenity deck, can they just scan my S&S to see that I'm 21?

Thanks in advance!!!:)

Sometimes when it is an 18 and over event they will require id. I've seen signs in front of the night club before where they have security checking Ids. However bartenders can check your age with your sail and sign card for,purchase of drinks.

Edited by kybluecruiser

Sometimes when it is an 18 and over event they will require id. I've seen signs in front of the night club before where they have security checking Ids. However bartenders can check your age with your sail and sign card for,purchase of drinks.

They can check your age on the sail and sign card when you're 18. When I was 18, I never carried my ID with me anywhere on the ship. I just handed the card to the dealer at the table games and they had someone check it. At other events, security can take your card and look it up. On some cruises, I was told that the card wouldn't work and I need my ID, but in the end, they "made an exception, this time." Rather poor guest service, honestly.

Also, OP, as long as you're behaving, you probably wouldn't be told anything at Serenity. I never was asked for ID in any of the Serenity areas, nor have I been asked to leave.

Edited by Disconnections

All you need is your S&S card. If you are a minor they will clip the corner to show underage passengers. Have fuN!

Which cruise line?

Never seen this on Carnival.

Good to hear about the serenity deck. I plan on relaxing this time, with my book, chocolates (I'm a girl) and music.

I get it, I should carry my DL with me. I need to find a way to attach it to myself because I wear dresses (those don't have pockets). Any ideas?

Good to hear about the serenity deck. I plan on relaxing this time, with my book, chocolates (I'm a girl) and music.

I get it, I should carry my DL with me. I need to find a way to attach it to myself because I wear dresses (those don't have pockets). Any ideas?

I wear dresses and keep my s&s card (and theoretically Id) in a waterproof pouch during the day. If I'm carrying my beach bag, I can throw the pouch in there but it still gives me a smaller version to grab if I'm just going up to the bar or something. At night, I just use an evening bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ehpride

On Paradise we watched the attendant card a bunch of young people by checking their Sail n Sign cards... Some were old enough,some were not. Those who weren't of age were asked to leave so they all left together. When I commented on it, he carded me too! But since I'm a grandmother I'm pretty sure he did it just to make my day!!! :D