Semi LIVE Review:Oasis of the Seas - June 21, 2014 - Western Caribbean

Thanks for the update on your trip! My hubby and I recently got approval for 'trusted traveler' to bypass security...I can't wait to use it and see how smoothly it works. How convenience is the Hilton? Ft Lauderdale Marina hotel? Thanks!

JC how does the "trusted traveler" work and what did you do to get it?

We are at the Hyatt Ft Lauderdale Marina and we are 3 for 3. Will explain that later. Can’t wait to wake up and see Ms. Oasis!!! Hope to wake at 6am so I can see her with her lights on.

TTYL Cruisers!

Sorry folks the hotel we stayed at precruise is actually Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina not Hyatt.

The 3 on 3: we changed our room 3 times because I had requested a view of the ships and didn't realize until arriving at the 3rd room that to the front desk agent there is know difference between a yacht and a ship. My fault. Guess I should have said cruise ship view.

This us an upgrade room but well worth the price to us as we sat on the balcony for a while just looking at the cruise ships (and the yachts);) . We even saw the bridge open at one point.

Thank you for your review.

How did you get TSA Precheck?

I got it on my last flight to Honolulu but don't know why I got it. Husband did not.

ping1 my understanding is that it is random.

Thanks for your question.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

That is a pic of the Princess ship in port, the Lady O is berthed behind. But still exciting!!

cruisinghawg you are so right but we were just glad to see a cruise ship that we didn't care if it was the one we were getting on or not!:D

If you want to see Ms. Oasis request a room higher up.

Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina:

- taxi from airport was $17.50

- ask concierge about booking transfers to cruise port, basically a desk set up about 9 am Saturday morning to handle booking of transfers, we took a taxi as we wanted control of our time and didn't want to be locked into a particular time to leave for port

- taxi to cruise port was $10.00

- FREE WFI and printing in Business Center, only 2 computers so think about time in case they are in use when you arrive

- 14 floors in tower

We rec'd the offer thru our Amex. It is called GOES...Global Online Enrollment System. Once you enroll online, an email is sent after your info is validated to schedule an appt. We had to go to the Dept of Homeland Security in D. C. for the security interview. I guess if you don't have a record of any type the process is easy. We had no issues at all. We rec'd our ID card in mail a few weeks later. As I understand it, we will log in our ID number when doing the airline online checkin and eazy breezy at the airport. Since we haven't used it yet, can't confirm for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yup that's how it works plus the $125 pp for 5 years. We travel to Haiti a couple of times a year and worth I going thru customs in Miami! We made it thru TSA in about 2 mins and the rest of our group were about 15 mins behind us!

I'm subscribing, too! Love reading "live from" reports and any kind of trip report!

I had the Pre-check on my boarding pass for our last flight to FLL; DH didn't have it. We ended up going through adjacent lines. I was able to help him then while he was getting his C-PAP back in the case and his belt back on.

We both got it for the return flight. It was awesome! Wish we flew more than once or twice a year -- not worth the $85/year for each of us at this point.

Looking forward to Ms. Lillie coming back for more of the trip!

Yup that's how it works plus the $125 pp for 5 years. We travel to Haiti a couple of times a year and worth I going thru customs in Miami! We made it thru TSA in about 2 mins and the rest of our group were about 15 mins behind us!

Great to hear! Thanks.

My wife and I got it by signing up for Global Entry through US Customs and Border Patrol. It allows you to bypass Customs lines at the airport when traveling internationally, and greatly increases your chances of getting TSA PreCheck whenever you fly.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

One time fee of $100 per person for 5 years. Had to go through an interview at a Customs office, but overall the process is easy. One thing to note, if you have a criminal record, you will not be eligible for Global Entry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina:

- taxi from airport was $17.50

- ask concierge about booking transfers to cruise port' date=' basically a desk set up about 9 am Saturday morning to handle booking of transfers, we took a taxi as we wanted control of our time and didn't want to be locked into a particular time to leave for port

- taxi to cruise port was $10.00

- FREE WFI and printing in Business Center, only 2 computers so think about time in case they are in use when you arrive

- 14 floors in tower[/quote']

Is the price of the taxi per person or 3 people can fit that's the price?

We rec'd the offer thru our Amex. It is called GOES...Global Online Enrollment System. Once you enroll online, an email is sent after your info is validated to schedule an appt. We had to go to the Dept of Homeland Security in D. C. for the security interview. I guess if you don't have a record of any type the process is easy. We had no issues at all. We rec'd our ID card in mail a few weeks later. As I understand it, we will log in our ID number when doing the airline online checkin and eazy breezy at the airport. Since we haven't used it yet, can't confirm for sure.

My husband did not go through this process at all but had it on his ticket the last time we traveled. This also happened to a friend of mine recently. We are flying on Saturday and I am curious whether or not he will be cleared again.

My husband did not go through this process at all but had it on his ticket the last time we traveled. This also happened to a friend of mine recently. We are flying on Saturday and I am curious whether or not he will be cleared again.

Our experience has been once it starts, it continues on every flight thereafter.

Our experience has been once it starts, it continues on every flight thereafter.

I my air travels I received the pre check around 7 of the last 10 times. Not every time, So decided to spend the $85.00 and signed up for the number through the Transportation Administration.

Sorry everyone but the Internet gods visited yesterday evening just as I was about to post some Hilton pics and the first pics of Ms. Oasis. Internet Service is very unpredictable Onboard but I can remember the days when it was nonexistent so I am grateful for the time we get now.

Just getting back online. Got a lot to post but today is a lazy day on the Island of Labadee so hopefully we can stay online and will be able to get caught up.

All is EXCELLENT.. Ms Oasis has not failed to deliver excitement and FUN!!!! Stick with us and we will do whatever it takes to be sure it is worth your time.

We are getting rea dy to get off the ship. We will check to see if there are any questions and then we will post some of those pics.

Thanks for rolling with a sister!

That is great, JoCruiser! I will have to look into that.

Are you saying the GOES cost $125?