Last Tender

deadzone1003

When does Princess usually schedule the last tender? For example, if we have a 6pm sailaway, would the last tender be scheduled for 5pm or 5:15pm if it is just a 15min ride? We have done many Princess cruises, but never notice when the last one is scheduled - we usually catch an earlier tender back to the ship to beat the crowds. However, we are planning a private excursions at Airlie Beach so we need to know the actual timeframe of returning to the ship.

It varies based on port conditions, typically the last tender is at least the length of the trip before all-aboard. I would always plan on being back at the tender dock no later than 1 hour before scheduled departure, and I prefer 75 to 90 minutes..

When does Princess usually schedule the last tender? For example, if we have a 6pm sailaway, would the last tender be scheduled for 5pm or 5:15pm if it is just a 15min ride? We have done many Princess cruises, but never notice when the last one is scheduled - we usually catch an earlier tender back to the ship to beat the crowds. However, we are planning a private excursions at Airlie Beach so we need to know the actual timeframe of returning to the ship.

It varies based on port conditions, typically the last tender is at least the length of the trip before all-aboard. I would always plan on being back at the tender dock no later than 1 hour before scheduled departure, and I prefer 75 to 90 minutes..

Especially on a non-princess, private excursion. Or you will be waving good bye from the island if yiu miss the tender

The last tender usually carries the shore people as well as the shore disembarkation stuff back to the ship. When in a tender port, plan to be back in the port and on line an hour and a half before sailing. Usually, Princess asks you to be back onboard an hour before sailing but you need to plan for delays such as traffic, breakdowns, etc.

The last tender usually carries the shore people as well as the shore disembarkation stuff back to the ship. When in a tender port, plan to be back in the port and on line an hour and a half before sailing. Usually, Princess asks you to be back onboard an hour before sailing but you need to plan for delays such as traffic, breakdowns, etc.

Good info folks........we tender into Santa Barbara on the Crown Princess in October and plan to DIY walk around town.......so will plan on the hour or more getting back on before ship leaves.

I assume it's a waiting game with everyone wanting to board a tender to the shore?

Good info folks........we tender into Santa Barbara on the Crown Princess in October and plan to DIY walk around town.......so will plan on the hour or more getting back on before ship leaves.

I assume it's a waiting game with everyone wanting to board a tender to the shore?

WE tendered into Santa Barbara last Oct. and the tender line getting off was LONG and the tender line getting back on was even LONGER. Also there was a huge line for the shuttle bus that tools around the area , we just walked down and then went to the pier area with the restaurants and shops , also the beach there is very nice . We live in LA so we had been there many times , so it was a fine option for us.

Cori

WE tendered into Santa Barbara last Oct. and the tender line getting off was LONG and the tender line getting back on was even LONGER. Also there was a huge line for the shuttle bus that tools around the area , we just walked down and then went to the pier area with the restaurants and shops , also the beach there is very nice . We live in LA so we had been there many times , so it was a fine option for us.

Cori

Thanks Cori...........it's been 14 years since we tendered last, in Granada. Can you remember how many tenders they have operating........and is it a wait in line or do they have a pick a time slot type of system?

Thanks Cori...........it's been 14 years since we tendered last, in Granada. Can you remember how many tenders they have operating........and is it a wait in line or do they have a pick a time slot type of system?

When you tender you go to a restaurant which will be announced in the Patter. Don't go until your entire party is there. They will give you a number and call groups when a tender is available.

When does Princess usually schedule the last tender? For example, if we have a 6pm sailaway, would the last tender be scheduled for 5pm or 5:15pm if it is just a 15min ride?

I checked some past Patters. In each case the last tender was scheduled to be 30 minutes before the ship was scheduled to depart. This was true even when the tender ride was listed as being 40 minutes long.

Of course, check your Patter on the day you will be tendering to make sure what time the last tender is scheduled. And plan to be there earlier in case you have traffic or other problems getting there.

The Last Tender is very often 30 minutes prior to departure time ... especially in ports where the ship's lifeboats aren't being used as tenders.

Even so ... unless we are on a ship's excursion, we are always back to the tender dock at least an hour ahead.

LuLu

Just back from Star Princess to Alaska. We tendered in Ketchikan. Was a short trip to the dock. Last tender was scheduled for 4:30 pm with ship leaving at 5:00 pm. Long line to get on the tender starting at about 3:30 pm. People in the bar near to the line were yelling for us to come on in - LOL. They had 4 tenders going & it is amazing how many people fit on each.

I never cut it too close when I'm doing a private excursion. Princess doesn't have to wait for you should anything go awry. I always allow 1 1/2 to be back on board. I don't want to be that person waving from the dock as the ship leaves.:eek::eek::eek:

It is just like Janice said in her post. It will say in the patter and be announced which dinning room to go to for your tender tickets, just go early.... Then when you go back to the ship play it safe and get to the dock area at least 45 min. To 1 hour prior to sailing, might be a long line but as long as you are there on time they will get you on the tender. Have a great time Santa Barbara is a lovely place. Enjoy.

Cori

I'm looking at a private excursion arriving back near the tender pick-up point at 4:30pm. It looks like a 5 min walk to the pick-up spot. The ship leaves at 6pm. Apparently, the time arriving back at docks could vary because of the tides, up to 1/2 hour during low tides (difference b/w low and hi tide is about 15 ft for this date). It will be ebbing when arriving back so it will be a touch late.

It appears to be a touch risky.:(

I'm looking at a private excursion arriving back near the tender pick-up point at 4:30pm. It looks like a 5 min walk to the pick-up spot. The ship leaves at 6pm. Apparently, the time arriving back at docks could vary because of the tides, up to 1/2 hour during low tides (difference b/w low and hi tide is about 15 ft for this date). It will be ebbing when arriving back so it will be a touch late.

It appears to be a touch risky.:(

The last tender will be scheduled for 5:30 PM.