All Things HMC after 6/20/14 (part 2)

marshhawk

I did not read all pages so sorry if this has been asked. We haven't cruised in 5 years and have never been to HMC. Do they provide lunch and if so what is the lunch menu or do you have to get/bring lunch with you from the ship?

If someone wants a massage at HMC, do they tell Carnival before arriving at the island, or is a massage therapist already on the island, and you request the service once you arrive? Anybody??

Give the spa a call and arrange for your massage on HMC.

I guess maybe I should have specified that I will be sailing on Carnival. Does Carnival provide beach towels in the cabana? The website lists the snacks, bottled water, soft drinks, snorkel gear, etc. But no mention of beach towels. We could always bring a few from the ship, but don't want the extra stuff to worry about if it isn't necessary.

Yes, towels will be provided, and there are float mats also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions about clamshells.

• Did I read correctly that you can't rent until you get to HMC?
  • Do you rent a particular one, or just find an empty one once you rent?
  • They are not movable, correct?
  • My friend has some minor mobility issues. Any recommendations on where to get a clamshell at?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

So...I dropped the ball and didn't act fast enough to reserve a cabana:( Our cruise is September 3rd and I guess I kept thinking I still have plenty of time. Sigh. Anyway, I've been to 1/2 moon enough to know it's still awesome to sit on the beach and enjoy!! I'm thinking I will just rent floatie mats since the last time we had the cabana that was a fav thing they had included in the price. I basically am just whining on this thread that I didn't get a cabana:o

Does anyone know if they have a waiting list?? I didn't see anything on the Carnival website.

I have a couple of questions about clamshells.

• Did I read correctly that you can't rent until you get to HMC?
  • Do you rent a particular one, or just find an empty one once you rent?
  • They are not movable, correct?
  • My friend has some minor mobility issues. Any recommendations on where to get a clamshell at?

Thanks in advance!

Can't answer all your questions because our day at HMC was cancelled due to the sea being too rough for the tenders to safely dock with the ship to transport us over. However, I did reserve my clamshell prior to my trip, and the fee was refunded when our beach day was cancelled. You cannot select a specific one when you reserve.

The rest is based on what I read here prior to my trip:

My understanding is that there are people there who set them up and you go choose one. The ones closest to the dock go quickest, so if you want one that isn't far down the beach you'll need to get off the ship early.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 5 people cruising on HAL in March 2017.

I have questions, requests, and an answer.

Answer first. Please don't skip my questions.

Regarding Cabana Colors and Numbers: I have not been to HMC but I gathered this information here on CC and I saw someone was asking about it and nobody posted it in this thread yet. This is the "Everything HMC" thread and we are missing a lot of the "everything."

Cabana numbers/ Colors used by HAL for Booking

1/Taupe

2/Blue

3/Turquoise

4/Orange

5/Sky Blue

6/Purple

7/Peach

8/Pink

9/Eggshell

10/Green

11/Grey

12/Yellow

13/Terracotta

14/Red

15/Violet

These are the colors used by HAL for booking and may or may not correspond to the color of the paint. Use this list with caution as I got my info from the internet and not from personal experience.

Questions:

There is a lot of talk about Cabanas and I see a lot of people saying "Any Cabana is better than no cabana." Would the folks who prefer not to get a cabana please chime in on the cabana/no-cabana question. I'd like to hear your point of view. Don't let the pro-cabana folks beat you down.

If we do a Cabana-ish thing should we do a Cabana or a Villa? How are they different? What are the pros and cons? Remember we are 5 people.

Any suggestions for talking my husband into a Cabana? or perhaps spending even more on a Villa? or a Butler?

Can someone explain in detail the towel situation?

How can I get a life vest? My 76 year old mother-in-law wants to go in the water and doesn't really need one to BE safe but needs one to FEEL safe and enjoy herself.

I understand that there are beach rentals. I have not been able to find a reliable list of what is available nor the prices. Based on my searching, I think the list might be:

Kayak (1 person)

Kayak (2 person)

Water Bike (single)

Water Bike (double)

Paddle Boat (2 person)

Paddle Boat (4 person)

Sunfish Sailboat

Hobie Catamaran Sailboat

Float Mat

Snorkel Gear

Locker

Jet Ski (? less sure on this one)

Anyone have better information? Complete accurate current list and prices? Or anything you might know about it? There seems to be very little info on the web but maybe it's just my search skills. Remember HAL and Carnival pricing might be different.

Anybody have a pic of the water bikes? There are lots of different kinds in the world and I'd like to know what kind they have at HMC. Also any idea what they mean by "single" and "double"? Maybe they mean "1 person" and "2 person" but if so, why not say it the same way they do for the kayaks?

Am I correct the Sunfish Sailboats are for exactly 1 person?

Anybody know what kinds of Hobie Cats? There are lots of different kinds in the world. Minimum crew might be 1, 2, or 4. Max crew might be anywhere between 1 and 6. So what can I expect at HMC?

Does Snorkel Gear come with a life vest?

Is parasailing an option? Cost? How do you book it? I don't see it as a Shore Excursion. And I haven't seen it listed as a Beach Rental either.

Requests:

Please when you have info or a question, let us know if it about HAL or Carnival.

When you have info about crowding, lines, wait times and such please tell us how many ships were there that day. And if possible how big those ships were. One 2000-person ship is way different that two 3000-person ships.

--------

Thanks everyone. My list of questions could have been a lot longer but I found a lot of answers on CC already.

Have fun planning your next cruise. Enjoy looking forward to it. Then have tons more fun cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was in HMC, I rented a cabana. This time I'm just going to try and rent a clam shell. How much and where do you rent them?

Sailing on the Conquest in four weeks [emoji39]

Edited by lollylew