Hotel recommendations

LuvWilliam

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but any recommendations on a FL hotel? We always fly in day of and decided to not trust our luck anymore so we will be arriving around 7PM the night before into FLL. We just want somewhere clean and close to port (we probably will take a taxi as we are impatient with shuttles!

Right now these are two options from RCI booking-

137.45 Sheraton Fll Beach Hotel W/transfers

139.251nt Pre Hyatt Regency Pier 66

We stayed at the Cambrian Suites three weeks ago. Nice. They have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport for free and a shuttle that will take you to the port for a minimal amount per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but any recommendations on a FL hotel? We always fly in day of and decided to not trust our luck anymore so we will be arriving around 7PM the night before into FLL. We just want somewhere clean and close to port (we probably will take a taxi as we are impatient with shuttles!

We like the Lago Mar. Very clean, right on the beach, and you can watch the cruise ships sail out from there, or walk about 5 minutes down the beach and see them close up from the jetty that lines the channel. It's about a 5-10 minute drive to the cruise port from there.

Enjoy!

We like COmfort inn suites Minola Drive, stayed last August staying again this August, free shuttle from airport, free breakfast, free shutttle to port, rooms are large and clean, eating places around and a gas station across the road if you want to buy some soda to take on board, we are paying 73.00 in August for 3 adults

We like COmfort inn suites Minola Drive, stayed last August staying again this August, free shuttle from airport, free breakfast, free shutttle to port, rooms are large and clean, eating places around and a gas station across the road if you want to buy some soda to take on board, we are paying 73.00 in August for 3 adults

The OP is asking about Fort Lauderdale and a Miami Airport hotel is a little too far away!

Keep looking because August is dead low season for us and you can probably get a nicer downtown hotel for the same price.

Miami Airport is a REALLY crappy place to stay in August. It will be so hot you won't even be able to use your pool and remember, it doesn't cool off at night here. The closer you can get to the water the more comfortable your stay. Ideally I'd say on the beach.

Oh sorry, I thought they were flying into fort Lauderdale but said they wanted a hotel close to port, i thought Port would be Miami Port, we stayed in Comfort Inn last August and yes it was hot, it was AUgust in Florida, but we swam all afternoon and the kids went in after dinner, we are happy paying 73.00 for three of us with the breakfast and shuttles included, We were happy to stay at the hotel and relax until our cruise the next day, Have a great cruise no matter where you stay

Since you are just looking for a place to lay your head down try Hotwire "Downtown" 3 stars or above!

Would not book a hotel in Fort Lauderdale with cruise line ...you can do better! Taxis are cheap in fort Lauderdale ,transfers are a pain .

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

We stayed at the Cambrian Suites three weeks ago. Nice. They have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport for free and a shuttle that will take you to the port for a minimal amount per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was looking at Cambria Suites as well. We won't be renting a car, is it within waking distance to restaurants or the beach?

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

I was looking at Cambria Suites as well. We won't be renting a car, is it within waking distance to restaurants or the beach?

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

Cambria is about 2.5 miles from the beach. Las Vegas Cuban Restaurant is about a block away. There is a shopping center with chain restaurants a few blocks away.

Are these the rates offered to you from Royal as you mention above? If so you know this is per person, right? I would NEVER choose cruiseline hotle and transfers out of Miami OR Fort Lauderdale. You will pay waaaay too much for something that is simple to do yourself.

[/color][/b]

Are these the rates offered to you from Royal as you mention above? If so you know this is per person, right? I would NEVER choose cruiseline hotle and transfers out of Miami OR Fort Lauderdale. You will pay waaaay too much for something that is simple to do yourself.

Oh my gosh.... DH texted me this last night while he was researching at work. I am blown away! I can get the same hotel for a little more than half the price of royal! Insane! Thanks for the clarification!!

I've searched around & Hyatt Regency Pier 66 does not offer shuttle to airport or to port. In reading it seems like cost from hotel to airport about $15-20, is that about right? Now from hotel to port everyone mentions really close to port however is it possible to walk to port? Does anyone know roughly a taxi ride cost from this hotel to port would be? Also read trolley is across the street? Would you recommend Trolley to airport or port?

Appreciate anyone's insight/experience & recommendation.;)

Edited by jacruisers

I've searched around & Hyatt Regency Pier 66 does not offer shuttle to airport or to port. In reading it seems like cost from hotel to airport about $15-20, is that about right? Now from hotel to port everyone mentions really close to port however is it possible to walk to port? Does anyone know roughly a taxi ride cost from this hotel to port would be? Also read trolley is across the street? Would you recommend Trolley to airport or port?

Appreciate anyone's insight/experience & recommendation.;)

The Sun Trolley doesn't go to the airport or port. http://www.suntrolley.com

The Port is enormous, industrial, and lacking sidewalks in places. Realistically, the only terminals within walking distance are 2 and 4, usually used by Princess. If it is summer (hot, humid, chance of showers) I wouldn't walk it. http://www.porteverglades.net

Depending upon which ship terminal you are leaving from and if you get stuck in traffic at the security gate, I would guess the taxi ride would be about $10.

The Sun Trolley doesn't go to the airport or port. http://www.suntrolley.com

The Port is enormous, industrial, and lacking sidewalks in places. Realistically, the only terminals within walking distance are 2 and 4, usually used by Princess. If it is summer (hot, humid, chance of showers) I wouldn't walk it. http://www.porteverglades.net

Depending upon which ship terminal you are leaving from and if you get stuck in traffic at the security gate, I would guess the taxi ride would be about $10.

capriccio thank you for the information.