Southampton to London

johnmik1

Thanks for the quick response.It appears that for $59pp that it is a good deal.Can the transfer be ordered on the ship or should it be done with the travel agent?

You can do it either way.

For peace of mind I would add it asap. ;)

Coach and we were not in a rush so it worked for us. We booked before we sailed and were glad we did. Victoria Station was very crowded and with over an hour wait for a taxi we walked to our hotel. We were staying on Half Moon St. and just cut across Green Park. Wonderful experience and would do this again, maybe next May :).

We took the coach to Victoria Station and would recommend it as well. Keep in mind though that it takes about 3 hours - the traffic as you get nearer to London is horrible!!

Hopefully, you are able to walk from Victoria Station to your hotel as Victoria Station is central but a very very busy place

I've taken this transfer twice in the past and never had a wait or an issue getting a taxi once we arrived. I was able to grab a porter who walked our luggage to the street and hailed a cab for us the entire process took less than 10 minutes.

National Express is affected by traffic congestion on the motor ways. Today for example, a Friday, the 13:15 coach departed Heathrow 1:15 late. The 1:50 trip took 3:30 hrs due to "motor way congestion" (their words). Those types of delays do not sit well for me, all to save a few pounds!!

Another vote for a quicker and comfortable train to London, as long as your destination is London and not one of the airports. It is a short taxi ride from the dock to the Southampton central train station.

John

I believe Princess offers transfers to both the Victoria train station and the Victoria coach station. They appear to be different facilities but in the same general area. Does anyone know if there are designated buses for each or just one bus that stops at both places?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Forums mobile app

I believe Princess offers transfers to both the Victoria train station and the Victoria coach station. They appear to be different facilities but in the same general area. Does anyone know if there are designated buses for each or just one bus that stops at both places?

The past 2 times I have used this transfer they have had only 1 drop off location and 1 group of busses heading into London for the transfer.

Edited by Jadn13

Victoria Coach Station and Victoria Train Station are two different buildings on the same street, about two blocks from each other. The train station is also a major change point in the London bus system, but not for the long distance coach that would take you to or from Southampton.

I've taken the train, the coach and hired car and driver from Southampton to London in the past, and it has always been far cheaper to book my own transportation than purchase a transfer; however, the transfer is much easier to deal with and has the advantage of someone else making the arrangement for you.

If you can find shipboard acquaintances to share the cost of hiring a car and driver it gets to be more reasonable price-wise, but it's still, of course, the most expensive way to travel.

Edited by Ken_W

The past 2 times I have used this transfer they have had only 1 drop off location and 1 group of busses heading into London for the transfer.

So are you stating that if Princess offers two different transfer options: one to Victoria Train Station and another to Victoria Coach Station and I purchase the one to the coach station we are all put on the same bus and dropped off at the same place.?? Why wouldn't they just sell one transfer??