Viva Vino

First off, thank you to everyone who posts on these forums! I have learned so much information to apply to our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise. I know about the corks & caps program, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if they still have the Viva Vino option? We'll be on the Star in October.

Viva Vino, still alive and well :D

There may be some changes to the available wines but pretty sure most are the same.

Cheers. Enjoy your cruise on the lovely Star.

Provided by CC Member Alliezona09 - much appreciated.

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories

plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders.

Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT

for certain ports or itineraries

You can buy it when you want, but I doubt you can get it when you have dinner, as it's usually for sale from bars. It takes a while whilst they fill out slips so you wouldn't want to be messing around like that at dinner.

I always wait until after we have sailed to avoid any tax that may be charged when in port (except for those itineraries where tax is charged all the time).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can buy it when you want, but I doubt you can get it when you have dinner, as it's usually for sale from bars. It takes a while whilst they fill out slips so you wouldn't want to be messing around like that at dinner.

I always wait until after we have sailed to avoid any tax that may be charged when in port (except for those itineraries where tax is charged all the time).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

glad I read this did not no about this programe , seems interesting , I am wondering can we bring the rest of the bootle after diner to our room to finish on the balcony ? our do we need to have it just at diner ?

glad I read this did not no about this programe , seems interesting , I am wondering can we bring the rest of the bootle after diner to our room to finish on the balcony ? our do we need to have it just at diner ?

You can do whatever suits you. We often will bring a bottle from our fridge, drink wine with dinner and continue on to music/comedy venue or back to our cabin... enjoy.

PS you will have slips of paper but you can also take bottles to you room or leave them to be stored by the bars. We find it convenient to have our fridge emptied to make room for a couple of bottles of our wine.

Edited by All-ready2cruise
ps

You can drink it wherever you want. You are given a slip of paper for each bottle (or have them all delivered to your room). You just hand the slip in to ant bar or dining room and they will bring it out for you.

The bottles are yours to drink wherever you want, and carry from venue to venue if you like (or put into storage for later if you want).

Recently on the Epic their preference seemed to be delivering all the wine to the room. I got the impression they have had trouble with people losing their slips. They kept on stressing how important it was not to lose them, so be warned.

We were able to enjoy our wine everywhere we went on the ship and if the bottle wasn't finished when we left we took it with us.

Is it true you have to pick the wines you want to have when you purchase? Or you can decided on a 'day by day' basis? I know what types I want but sometimes change my mind and wondering how this would work?

Is it true you have to pick the wines you want to have when you purchase? Or you can decided on a 'day by day' basis? I know what types I want but sometimes change my mind and wondering how this would work?

You have to pick, but people have reported being able to change then when they pick them up.

Is there a 4 bottle minimum in each section of the package? I think I'd prefer a few from each section, but not sure I would want 4 from each section.

Thanks to all those giving "wine guidance"!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a 4 bottle minimum in each section of the package? I think I'd prefer a few from each section, but not sure I would want 4 from each section.

Thanks to all those giving "wine guidance"!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can mix between the different sections, so you could get 2 from the cheapest package and 2 from the middle one. You pay the cost of the most expensive package you select from.

We do it every time as I prefer bottles from the middle package, but my wife prefers one from the cheapest. The only problem we ever have is that the staff are concerned that it will be a problem for us that we have to pay the higher amount.