Single Supplement: 200% + $500?

harryw

How about this supplement for children also? That might prevent anyone thinking of bring a child on O to think again.

yes.... kids under 18 pay full price and a supplement to cover the extra work they cause for the crew... I love it.

Funny you should talk about kids because on my last trip I figured Oceania must be getting federal money to provide day care for the elderly.

Funny how old age has a way of creeping up on you

Did not seem so long ago when I was 40 ;)

I hope I can still cruise at 80 like some people we have met, they are more lively than I am

Lyn

Funny how old age has a way of creeping up on you

Did not seem so long ago when I was 40 ;)

I hope I can still cruise at 80 like some people we have met, they are more lively than I am

Lyn

All this bad talk about kids is funny. I spend time helping in a nursing home. I am 67 and from my time there I have found out that if we live long enough we will turn back into kids. I hope all the kid haters never have to sit there alone because people do not want to put up with their childish actions.

I hope all the kid haters never have to sit there alone because people do not want to put up with their childish actions.

They will sit alone if they scream like toddlers do :D

Fortunately, they are not likely to be running up and down the hallways loudly (as some kids do).

They will sit alone if they scream like toddlers do :D

Fortunately, they are not likely to be running up and down the hallways loudly (as some kids do).

I really think you should rethink your comments. On my last visit I was helping a person who was a wall street ex. Who was now screaming, cursing, and throwing their lunch all over me and I bet would of liked to run up and down the hallway. We should never throw stones or think we are exempt from all this. What goes around comes around!

I really think you should rethink your comments. On my last visit I was helping a person who was a wall street ex. Who was now screaming, cursing, and throwing their lunch all over me and I bet would of liked to run up and down the hallway. We should never throw stones or think we are exempt from all this. What goes around comes around!

I understand and agree with you - getting to the golden years is often not very golden.

However, the point is that he was not on a cruise (unlike some unruly toddlers & children) - which is what I was referring to here rather than discussing old age per se.

Edited by Paulchili

Interesting that HarryW never got back to us.

I wonder what the resolution was? :confused:

I really think it was a problem in proper bookkeeping, as I suggested earlier.

For example, say the fare per person was advertised at $5,000, for a total of $10,000 per cabin. The OP said there was, according to his TA, an "unadvertised special" of $1,000 (I've never heard of such a thing, but perhaps his TA was offering a discount).

The OP, knowing the single supplement is normally 200%, calculated a final price of $9,000 ($10,000 less the "unadvertised special" of $1,000). However, the TA then came back and said the discount is actually $500 per person, so the single fare ended up at $9,500.

To the OP, this is 200% ($9,000) plus $500. To a CPA, this is 200% ($10,000) minus $500. Either way, the fare was $9,500. Simply a misunderstanding and poor communications.

Of course, I don't know this was fact, but the OP's own statement in this post supports my theory:

I just spoke to my TA, who I have been using for years and I have no reason to doubt his integrity. Oceania had called my TA presumably after seeing this thread. According to my TA, there was an unadvertised bonus discount from Oceania to the "cruise price" that could only be allocated per person, hence the $500 cabin price differential. I had not been previously advised of the bonus discount.

Perhaps the moral here is that cruise line pricing should be more transparent.

Edited by hondorner

I received copies of Oceania's "Guest Statement"s from my TA, and it indicates "Bonus Discount"s of $500 per guest, hence the $500 cabin discrepancy. So technically it was not a single supplement. I apologize for creating a brouhaha.

Harry

I received copies of Oceania's "Guest Statement"s from my TA, and it indicates "Bonus Discount"s of $500 per guest, hence the $500 cabin discrepancy. So technically it was not a single supplement. I apologize for creating a brouhaha.

Harry

Thank you so much for letting us know..

Jancruz1

Harry

Glad you got it all sorted out

Enjoy the cruise