Oasis Muster Locations

We are sailing Oasis in December with my ds5 who is on the austism spectrum. My main concern is the Muster Drill. I'm trying to determine if I need to contact disability services or not.

As, I thought about it most reviews I have read mention Oasis and Allure muster locations being in theatre locations. Is this true for everyone, or do some still have to go outside on deck and line up like sardines?

My fear is the sardine squishing and the loud horn blasts may be too much. I know we can request an alternate muster station, but if we don't need to then why ask.

Thanks in advance.

We are sailing Oasis in December with my ds5 who is on the austism spectrum. My main concern is the Muster Drill. I'm trying to determine if I need to contact disability services or not.

As, I thought about it most reviews I have read mention Oasis and Allure muster locations being in theatre locations. Is this true for everyone, or do some still have to go outside on deck and line up like sardines?

My fear is the sardine squishing and the loud horn blasts may be too much. I know we can request an alternate muster station, but if we don't need to then why ask.

Thanks in advance.

Our experience, we were in the Promenade. We were all squished like sardines, extremely uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance.

For safety reasons, and to speed up the process in the event of an emergency, your muster station is assigned in virtual columns on the ship based on the nearest stairwell to your cabin, so the chances you can get yours reassigned are very slim. We were midship last week, and our muster station was in Studio B. The drill will be at 4:00, so by all means, if you're worried there might be an issue, head to wherever you need to go early and wait. They will be scanning SeaPasses, and the ship will not be able to leave until all passengers are accounted for, so you will need to show up to the correct one. You also will not have to worry about putting on a lifejacket, as they are all stored at the muster stations themselves.

Thanks in advance.

Just wait until you get to your muster station and let the station leader know. They are very accommodating to anyone with a disability.

RCI will make special arrangements for special needs. Yes, you still have to go at the appropriate time... but you may be able muster with other special needs individuals. On Oasis last December, we did this without issue. My mom has walking difficulties and they had us go to another area other than our assigned station. There were about 40 other people and their families there... some young children, others older and in wheelchairs and yes, two little boys who had some autism difficulties. The staff handled it all well... alerting prior to loud horn. It all was handled very well and respectfully. We were dismissed about 10 minutes prior to the general dismissal so we could comfortably use the elevators and get out of the way of the crush of people that happens after every drill. I strongly suggest you ask at Guest Services --they have a plan that works well. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

If it helps for locations, we've sailed on the pair 3 times- Mid-ship (middle of Central Park area- Studio B, aft- last cabin on deck 10- aqua theater, and mid-ship closer to the aft of Central Park- Promenade.

All three had places to sit, with Studio B being the best.

In a different cruise- we sailed with my MIL, who had issues- and the staff at the muster station were very helpful. This was following the suggestion to contact them by multiple people. So I'll second that recommendation.

The alarm was loud everywhere....

Good luck!

RCI has been certified by Autism speaks to work with autistic children and adults. Call them now and they will work with you. Have a good trip.

njkruzer, thanks for sharing this information and your suggestion to call.

We've been to muster at several locations on the Allure. This is one of the events of the week where it does feel like the ship is crowded.