You are awake @ 5:30 a.m. on the ship

marshhawk

I agree with everyone else- grab a coffee, watch the ocean or coming into port. Being up that early while the ship is quiet is one of the best parts of the cruise IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with you 100%. Also, take a ton of pics of the sun coming up! We are always up by 5:30am.

That would be me

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Me too...love seeing the sun rise...the only problem I ever had early like that was on the Glory in February someone was painting...repairing.putting down tar...I don't know what but the smell even out in the open made me sick to my stomach.....really bad smell of asphalt...smelled like a construction zone...It made me hurl.....after that I was fine... Love pulling into ports in the dawn's early light!!!

Edited by rubysmom

5:30am is about 2 hours after I've gone to bed when I'm on a ship :eek:

How do you all manage to get up so early?

We go to bed earlier.:D

Acrually my body clock stays the same as on non cruise days, seo early to bed, early to rise.:)

At least one nite I am going to bed either a bit before or a bit after 5:30...

And then at least one night/morning I sleep in late, say 8ish.

BUT several mornings I am up early, grab a coffee with Baileys and wander around... never can tell what you are going to see!:eek:

2:30-3 is a better time to see amazing sites....

Cruising on the Legend today. Woke up for no reason today at 6:00 and thought of this thread. Guess I will have to find out what I will do if I am awake that early on the cruise.

I would like to sit on the balcony or walk the track.

Cruising on the Legend today. Woke up for no reason today at 6:00 and thought of this thread. Guess I will have to find out what I will do if I am awake that early on the cruise.

I love the Legend, have a great time, and you will have some great sunrises, are you on on port side, or starboard?

I used to carry books on trips too. But now that I prefer to read on the tablet (never thought I would), it is so much easier and lighter. Plus I can carry a huge library with me, so I never have to worry about running out of books.

Steve

Have a FABULOUS trip. I love the Legend. You can find out tomorrow what's fun to do at 5:30.:D

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I'm a creature of habit. 90% of the time I'm awake at 0500 and up by 0530

don my bathing suit, and jacket I made from Ship's towels that were torn etc. (given to me) I wear my retired NAVY ball cap and proceed to the LIDO where I sit adjacent to the coffee machine until the hot tub opens at about 0730/o800.

During those couple hours I meet the nicest variety of people and have the best discussions on an amazing assortment of topics.

I get to know the LIDO supervisor, several of the cooks, many ex military,

several "big name" entertainers back when they had them on the ships.

When the breakfast line opens I usually get a nod and am the first one to be served with FRESH eggs etc. Also I witness some beautiful sunrises. Occasionally if the sunrise is exceptionally nice I bring my camera up at sunset and take a picture UPSIDE down and have the sunrise for my scrapbook.

gary

Yep, getting to know the cooks, supervisors, etc., is a great idea. I do the same when they have a minute to talk. Never gotten a bad breakfast on the ship, either. :D I like your upside down camera trick, perhaps I'll try that next week on the Freedom. LOL

That's what time I'm usually up at home - and cruising is usually no different for me - just can't sleep in no matter what!

so that is my favourite time on the ship - it's quiet - there's not usually many people around, that's when I go for my morning walk. Either on the jogging track or the promenade deck whichever - Love it!

Have seen some spectacular sunrises! It's usually not so hot yet so it's a very nice time to go for the walk!

Terry

boy, I know what you mean.... and as my FIL puts it, getting old is not for sissies. :)

Yeah I figure I will sleep more when I am dead, haven't time for that now...Its like the question asked years ago about answering the white house phone at 3am.. they figured John McCain would have been up already taking a leak for the 3rd time and would have gotten it on the first ring...

I too get up around 5 ish. I have had a 4J cabin on the lido deck and just walk out on to the "Secret" forward balcony to watch us come into a port. If we're far enough out I stroll down to the buffet and fill my insulated mug with some coffee and grab a Danish if they're out and go back to watch the ship dock. It's also great visiting with other "early birds" both guests and crew as well.

If I am awake at 0530 during a cruise and it isn't debarkation day, I am probably up using the bathroom and looking at my watch, then out the window at the dark sea or the bright light of sunrise, then closing the curtain again so I can go to sleep for another 3 or 4 hours until it is time to get up and go to breakfast. I hate mornings. I am usually not asleep until 0200 on cruise evenings so I am not getting up early and when I am at home, I usually sleep until around noon or later because my daily schedule requires me to be a night owl. Even when I was on the opposite schedule and was up early I still slept in on vacation. It takes a special type of person to be an early bird I think. Then again they say the same thing about us night owls so who knows.

5:30am is about 2 hours after I've gone to bed when I'm on a ship :eek:

How do you all manage to get up so early?

I'll drink to that!:D:eek::D

Yep, getting to know the cooks, supervisors, etc., is a great idea. I do the same when they have a minute to talk. Never gotten a bad breakfast on the ship, either. :D I like your upside down camera trick, perhaps I'll try that next week on the Freedom. LOL

It is probably an interesting experience to converse with a big name entertainer Just like having a conversation with just any other pax and that sounds like fun

No pressure no intimidation. Just nice conversation I would assume

Feel like dropping any names? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums