Quantum float out August 3rd

Float out august 3rd

On 3 August 2014 the Quantum of the Seas for Royal Carribean International will be floated out of the dock hall II of the Meyer Werft shipyard at Papenburg. We will broadcast this event – like we did it already with the Norwegian Getaway - live in HD quality on this website and on YouTube.

Finally the date is confirmed for the big reveal and no more secrets. Well we still have not seen inside details yet but not for long now.

They did an awful job marketing/advertising this ship IMO.

Such a stark contrast with how they did with the Oasis. I remember watching & enjoying the videos Capt Bill Wright did during the Oasis construction process.

Such a stark contrast with how they did with the Oasis. I remember watching & enjoying the videos Capt Bill Wright did during the Oasis construction process.

I agree with you a 100% on that. Oasis was a huge excitement with all the reveals that made one eager to get on it. With Quantum I still dont understand why they are hiding so much from the very people they want to book the ship.

I agree with you a 100% on that. Oasis was a huge excitement with all the reveals that made one eager to get on it. With Quantum I still dont understand why they are hiding so much from the very people they want to book the ship.

I don't believe for one second they're still making changes to the design so it has to be something else. Odd to say the least. One things for sure....once she's floated out they won't be able to "hide" the pool deck, etc. :D:cool:

While the float-out will likely be followed by a number of people...they likely would have had a bigger audience of interest if it wasn't for the major / unexpected change of plans for this ship.

In the U.S...its likely Anthem will have a larger following.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

While the float-out will likely be followed by a number of people...they likely would have had a bigger audience of interest if it wasn't for the major / unexpected change of plans for this ship.

In the U.S...its likely Anthem will have a larger following.

Those are some valid points you made. To me in the last several months it seemed as if there was/is more info on Anthem coming out mostly from RCI UK than on Quantum. Recall the deck plans for Anthem were updated first among other things.

I'll join the thousands (okay maybe hundreds) that also think they've done a awful marketing/advertising job about Quantum.

It was exciting hype when they were revealing Oasis. Press Releases were issued (a lot), the videos showed exactly what was going on and Capt Bill did a great job on them. Lots of pictures were available. And I think one of the best was the way they did that online reveal where if you wanted to register you could and then explore the ship, opening doors, etc to find out what was there, etc., etc. It was fun (heck I got two robes for logging in and checking things out:)). This (Quantum) has been nothing like any other reveal. Heck, way back when even the vision-class had a lot of press/interest and the Legend caught my interest and made me book her second (paying) trip to Alaska which I was fortunate to have my mom join me!

I think it makes sense the way they have dropped Quantum and are really just focusing on marketing Anthem now.

Most of the general public isn't following this as closely as we (cruising enthusiasts) are. They would get confused if RCCL made a big push on Quantum only to have it 'disappear' six months after arriving.

I'm pretty convinced we're going to be on the most new, innovative, exciting, different, red headed stepchild cruise ship ever! The focus in the Western World will stay with Anthem that will remain in this hemisphere as opposed to Quantum which will be out of sight out of mind for most cruisers. Because of everyone's short attention spans we're not going to hear too much more about Anthem till that is closer to coming out.

I plan to visit Meyer Werft for the Float out of Quantum of the Seas Augsut 3 and her River Ems conveyance September 21.

I'll post pictures and video.

Time schedule will be here: link to Meyer Werft dates and events.

Apparently the float out of the Quantum is planned for August 2 at 7:00 am. Still don't know about the Anthem megablock's float out.

Apparently the float out of the Quantum is planned for August 2 at 7:00 am. Still don't know about the Anthem megablock's float out.

All information I have is saying August 3 - From where have you got August 2 at 7am?

Wow, completely forgot that old thing existed, lol. Was so caught up in the idea of Quantum coming out finally that I forgot something was in front of her that had to be moved first.

I wonder if the issue is with Quantum or the Anthem megablock. An issue with Anthem may be delaying her floating which would delay Quantum. Since they didn't update the webcam this week we can't really tell if either is floating yet.

I wonder if the issue is with Quantum or the Anthem megablock. An issue with Anthem may be delaying her floating which would delay Quantum. Since they didn't update the webcam this week we can't really tell if either is floating yet.

I would think Anthem is the issue. Haven't seen a thing about that floating out first. And they posted when the first one would float out.....

I checked this link yesterday http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en

and it said 2 days, X hours. Today it says 8 days and 19 hours which makes it 1am EDT on Saturday 8/9.

[url=http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en][/url]

I checked this link yesterday http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en

and it said 2 days, X hours. Today it says 8 days and 19 hours which makes it 1am EDT on Saturday 8/9.

According to schiffsjournal.de it is floating out during the second weekend in August.

http://www.schiffsjournal.de/ausdocken-der-quantum-of-the-seas-rettungsboote-sind-auf-dem-weg-zur-meyer-werft/

Edited by Lloyd555