Parking at Houston

gr1634

Can someone tell us how the parking works at Houston? We always reserve a spot at Light House in Galveston as they have covered parking and take you directly to the ship. Think I heard you have to get yourself from car to ship at Houston.

GR

Bayport Cruise Terminal, 4700 Cruise Road, Pasadena, Texas 77586

http://www.portofhouston.com

Parking: 7 day cruises: $80.00 per week/$75.00 per week if prepaid through port website.

http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/parking/ 281-291-6200

http://www.bayportcruiseparking.com/ 1-877-710-2737 Prepay this way

The people who operate EZ Cruise in Galveston have the contract to run the lot at the Port of Houston. We pre-booked to save the $5.00 when we sailed last year. Just print out the receipt and present at the gate going in. You can drop the luggage first and then pull around to park. We were lucky and got the row closest to the terminal.

Bayport is in the Port of Houston and there is not any private parking anywhere near the port. The parking lot at the new terminal is large and very convenient to the terminal. You arrive and drop your luggage off at the terminal before proceeding to the parking area immediately to your left. It is a very nice paved parking lot in front of the terminal and surrounded by a high chain link fence with security.

Last season Princess was the only cruise ship using the terminal. This fall NCL will be joining the Princess so the parking lot will be a bit more crowded but they are going to increase the surface parking lot. Princess will be using the terminal on Sunday and NCL will be using it on Saturday.

Be aware that the port is several miles from the nearest town and a mile from the Comfort Inn. In between is open land.

You arrive and drop your luggage off at the terminal before proceeding to the parking area immediately to your left.

Drop bags off first, then park.:)

The parking lot is so close to the terminal that we found it easiest to just park and wheel our luggage to the terminal instead of being in a car line to drop off the luggage and then circling around to enter the lot.

890215078021514BayportcruiseterminalandparkinglotDSC08410_zpsc6fb03ec.jpg

89022201722214CaribbeanPrincessdockedatBayportDSC06389_zpsfd22e156.jpg

When we parked at Bayport one had to pass in front of the terminal to get to the parking, so we opted to drop our bigger suitcases there.

Covered parking has a different meaning in Bayport. For the extra charge for covered parking they will put a car shaped tarp over your car so the interior isn't in direct sun.

We didn't see any offsite parking nearby.

Here is a photo of most of the lot, taken as the Caribbean Princess was just underway. The "covered parking" was one row to the left of what is shown

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Houston_Bayport_ParkingLot_29MAR2014.jpg

Houston_Bayport_ParkingLot_29MAR2014.jpg.c86db4c56ff8d711c842fe9d804a7cf6.jpg

Edited by Times Prince
added photo reference

Parking at Houston was a breeze. I prepaid, although because I think I booked the very first day they opened for booking, their system wasn't quite up to speed yet so when I showed up at the lot they had no record of me :rolleyes: Luckily, I had my printed e-mail confirmation with me and they were able to look me up by my e-mail address. Once I was in the lot, it was easy to find a spot to park - the lot attendants directed me right to a spot. It was an easy walk a hundred yards or so to the ship. My car seemed further away when I returned though, apparently that's what happens when you leave in 60 degree temps and return when it's below freezing :eek: