Pickpockets

purduemom1

I personally have the Citysafe 200 from quite a few years ago. I have a smaller but similar version from ebags called the Piazza (no wire in the strap but I have the bag because I like the storage & layout, not the safety features)

The citysafe 200 is large enough for a bigger water bottle and a sweater or light jacket to be stuffed inside for day trips. My ebags piazza bag I use when I don't need to carry as much.

(PS I am signed up for ebags emails and got a discount on both those bags, Amazon carries as well, so shop around for good deals ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Carol, thank you for the info. on http://www.PacSafe.com

I am on their website, can you tell me which purse you use?

There seems to be multiple choices. Thx.

-Dianne

I think I also have the CitySafe 200. I purchased it a few years ago and it has changed a bit (improved features). Check out the "size" of the different bags and pick the one you think will work for you.

Just wanted to pass along another caution tip posted on Trip Advisor. For those who purchase multi use mass transit passes, don't take your wallet out after you board so you can put your transit pass away. The pickpockets will not only observe what is in your wallet but where you keep it.

I bought a travelon purse and I am very happy with it.

Becki

The Travelon bags do not have the same safety features that the PacSafe bags have. The PacSafe bags have a specially designed zipper closure that you need two hands to open, special mesh inside the bag to protect against it being slashed open, special wire mesh in the shoulder strap to protect against it being cut, etc.

Carol,

My Travelon purse does indeed have a locking zipper on the main compartment, requiring two hands to open that section. It also has a cable in the strap and mesh in the body of the bag to prevent it being slashed open.

Those are the reasons I purchased the bag.

Becki

Carol,

My Travelon purse does indeed have a locking zipper on the main compartment, requiring two hands to open that section. It also has a cable in the strap and mesh in the body of the bag to prevent it being slashed open.

Becki

Yes, mine does too. ;)

Carol,

Becki

My Travelon also has all those features. However, not all Travelon purses do so one needs to read the description or hang tag to be sure. Fortunately, I have never had an occasion to test these features and I hope I never will!

My Travelon also has all those features. However, not all Travelon purses do so one needs to read the description or hang tag to be sure. Fortunately, I have never had an occasion to test these features and I hope I never will!

That's the goal! ;)

Becki

Carol,

Becki

Thanks for correcting me. I looked on the Travelon website and I did not see those features listed so I must not have looked very carefully. Either bag sounds like it will do the trick!

I bought a travelon purse and I am very happy with it.

Becki

Thanks for the tip about Travelon. I have been looking to replace my old, worn Pacsafe (which I have been very happy with, but the style is discontinued). Nothing in the current Pacsafe line is really hitting my requirements. I took a look at the Travelon anti-theft bags today and found a couple that look interesting, and at a much more reasonable price. I may need to buy a couple!

• 1 month later...
The ideal would be a purse that has all these features -- and a distinctive look so the pickpockets would recognize it and not even bother!

You mean like having "anti-theft technology" or "pickpocket-proof" in many languages prominently woven into the design of the fabric?

I'm off to check out the suggested websites. Thank you all.

Edited by Peregrina651

On advice from this board I have purchased a Scottevest sterling jacket, 24 inside pockets. One of my daughters calls me Inspector Gadget, the other says don't fall into the water! My wife bought the pacsafe purse for our in 2 weeks Paris to Normandy cruise.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app