Hotel Suggestions Please...

msnewfie

I will need a hotel for a few days before the cruise and possibly for a night or 2 after the cruise to make flight connections.

Can anyone recommend some hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area that are fairly near the Oasis of the Seas pier/ terminal?

( also would be interested in family type activities in Fort a lauderdale area)

Thanks everyone

I will need a hotel for a few days before the cruise and possibly for a night or 2 after the cruise to make flight connections.

Can anyone recommend some hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area that are fairly near the Oasis of the Seas pier/ terminal?

Thanks everyone

There is lots of great information here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Try bidding on Priceline. That has worked well for us at various times of the year and bids of approximately $50/60 a night have been successful at Marriott, Hilton, Springhill Suites, Hyatt House and Hyatt Place.

Our favorites are the Embassy Suites (17th St) or the Hilton Marina. The Hilton is on the intracoastal and has a water taxi stop. The water taxi is a great way to kill a few hours - not to mention the fact it really is transportation!

You'll find often times the price for a cab is within a buck or two of most shuttles. The advantage is speed by not having to wait for the shuttle to fill and baggage to get loaded. And also not sharing a ride with several lovely strangers.

• Sent from my screen to yours.

Thanks everyone

One hotel that I haven't seen mentioned here yet is the Lago Mar. We stayed there last year and are staying there again in September ($167 per night plus tax, but that varies with the seasons).

Besides being right on the beach and not far from the port, another thing I really liked is that if you walk about 5 minutes down the beach from the hotel, there is a rock jetty at the end of the beach that you can sit or stand on and watch the cruise ships sail away. The channel is right there, so the ships are very close as they pass by. We watched the Oasis and a few other ships sail out last time we were there. Very cool with all the people cheering, both from the ships and from the jetty.

( also would be interested in family type activities in Fort Lauderdale area)

Thanks everyone

We've stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach FL, about 4 times. There's a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and another free shuttle from the hotel to the ship. Breakfast is included in the morning, there's a shopping center (w/ Kmart or WalMart I forget which) across the road (walking distance) for anything you forgot to pack. The rooms are clean and have 2 queens and a pullout sofabed, we slept 6 no problem.

We've stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach FL, about 4 times. There's a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and another free shuttle from the hotel to the ship. Breakfast is included in the morning, there's a shopping center (w/ Kmart or WalMart I forget which) across the road (walking distance) for anything you forgot to pack. The rooms are clean and have 2 queens and a pullout sofabed, we slept 6 no problem.

This is our first time taking a cruise out of Florida....when I googled this hotel I looked to see if there is a shuttle provided from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the cruise port the next morning....did you pay extra for any of the transfers? We also are arriving the night before the cruise are there any decent restaurants nearby? Thanks

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We got a great rate with parking, shuttle, and breakfast included. There were a ton of restaurants and shops nearby. We had dinner at Dave n Busters the night before our cruise.

When you say shuttle included did they pick you up from the airport and bring you to the cruise port the next day? Do you know how I could find out the shuttle schedule? I'd like to get to the cruise port earlier in the morning to hopefully board early. What type of breakfast was it....what type of food? Thanks

When you say shuttle included did they pick you up from the airport and bring you to the cruise port the next day? Do you know how I could find out the shuttle schedule? I'd like to get to the cruise port earlier in the morning to hopefully board early. What type of breakfast was it....what type of food? Thanks

The Hilton Garden Inn has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel but going from the hotel to the ship you will have to pay.......either a shuttle for a fee or a cab. If you want to go to the ship on your own schedule just take a cab. The shuttle is no bargain and you have to go when they say. Call the hotel directly if you want info on the shuttle schedule.

Try bidding on Priceline. That has worked well for us at various times of the year and bids of approximately $50/60 a night have been successful at Marriott, Hilton, Springhill Suites, Hyatt House and Hyatt Place.

Which zone/area do these fall under?

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006