Scrapbooks from Cruises

Hello Everyone!

This is my first ever post on cruisecritic!! I've been browsing for a little while, and have not yet seen an answer to one of my questions (many others have thankfully been answered ;) ).

I enjoy photography and scrapbooking as hobbies, particularly to quickly showcase my travels. On our Carnival cruise I was happy to discover that they sold their own scrapbooks and matching kits. As I prepare my budget for our family vacation on Oasis next year, I was curious whether RCI offers similar products? And if so, can anyone tell me the price point so I can plan accordingly (not to mention adjust my luggage!)?

Thanks so much

They have scrapbooking, check the compass or with GS

Scrapbooking

Your vacation memories have never looked so good. Build themed pages that bring your time onboard to life with textured borders, cutouts and embellishments. Materials fee may apply for some sessions.

Edited by setsail

They have scrapbooking, check the compass or with GS

Yes, thank you. I did see photos of a scrapbooking room. I'm more interested in simply purchasing an RCI scrapbook and kit so I can scrapbook at home afterwards. On Carnival they were sold with picture frames and such in the Photo Gallery.

I have seen Royal Caribbean scrapbook kits sold aboard the ship. They have a few items that are specific to the ship. I have purchased on of these. However, it has more items than I use in one scrapbook. YMMV

The kits themselves were ~10. I have never purchased one of the scrapbooks. But, a couple traveling with us did. I think the scrapbook was ~$49 and came with one kit and a picture of the ship with the cruise and date on it to use on the first page.

Here are a few pictures of the scrapbooking classes on a cruise I took last fall. The crew member is holding a free kit. She gave each of us the complimentary “Me and my Big Idea” kit for formal night and laid out lots of supplies to work with. It was a nice kit.

You can see the items for sale at the top of the first picture. Notice the sign that says, 9.99. I think that is two of the scrapbooks for say in front of that. [sorry my pictures are not better. ]

PB020009_zpsa76ece8e.jpg

PB020008_zpse25bcf05.jpg

I liked the way she did this.[below] I will try this.

PB020010_zps53e51090.jpg

PB020011_zps1dce7c71.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

My wife went to a scrapbooking session on our recent cruise and was the only guest. The crew member hosting it have her two kits for free!

There were more than 30 women at our first session. More than 20 showed up for the second one.

The free kits have about four pages to sue and a number of embellishments. they follow a theme. the $10 pages are much larger.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

TravelBug08,

Do attend the scrapbooking classes! They do have free kits (first one, also for the kids in Adventure Ocean there´s a free kit). Those smaller kits (4 pages) are 4.95$. The larger ones are 9.95. On the Navigator Med cruise they had a 9.95 $ one Med themed with ships name. On the Splendour of the Seas I bought a Med themed big pack with album and 10 photos in the photo shop for 49.95 $.

You can find photos of the kits and what we made out of it here, here and here. The kits vary from ship to ship - and it varies depending on the entertainment staff leading the classes.

You might also attend the jewelry making classes (first kit is free).

steamboats

On the cruises we have been on, there were "generic" scrap booking albums and stickers for sale in the photo studio. But you could buy ship specific stuff during the scrap booking workshops. We weren't fans of the workshop (pretty basic stuff), but we did show up just to buy the kits. Just watch for the times on your cruise compass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 years later...
Hello Everyone!

This is my first ever post on cruisecritic!! I've been browsing for a little while, and have not yet seen an answer to one of my questions (many others have thankfully been answered ;) ).

I enjoy photography and scrapbooking as hobbies, particularly to quickly showcase my travels. On our Carnival cruise I was happy to discover that they sold their own scrapbooks and matching kits. As I prepare my budget for our family vacation on Oasis next year, I was curious whether RCI offers similar products? And if so, can anyone tell me the price point so I can plan accordingly (not to mention adjust my luggage!)?

Thanks so much

I have bought scrapbook embellishments in the photo area. They are really nice. The scrapbook classes offered are pretty lame, handed out construction paper, run by someone who doesn't know much about it. I've tried the classes on 2 or 3 different ships.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I didn't do the classes, but I have bought the embellishments and stickers package. I don't care for the albums. You can usually puchase the embellishments and stickers package in the photo gallery. But get them early in the cruise. They have a tendency to sell out before the end of the cruise. I try to buy mine on the first or second day to make sure I get it.