Future Cruise Downpayment

HELEN HENRY

Advice please.

Am I correct in thinking that in the event that you have not used up your future cruise down payment within the time allocated that P&O will reinstate your future cruise down payment to your credit card ?

Or do you just loose the payment that you paid ?

I am aware that Princess Cruises do reimburse your deposit to credit card if you have not used up the FCDP within the time factor allocated, or in some cases allow a further two year extension.

Thank you any advice appreciated.

Thank you Brian,

Yes it quite clearly states

If the FCD is not used within this timescale, the FCD is cancelled. The life of the FCD cannot be extended and refunds of unused FCDs are not available.

My question has been fully answered.

Beggars belief though that P&O and Princess who are both part of Carnival but our American friends get theirs reimbursed if not used but with P&O you lose it. Another thing that cruising with P&O gives you poorer booking conditions than if you do with Princess and we are daft enought to put up with it and people still will not have a bad word said against P&O. I am sure one of the "regulars" will soon be on to give a good reason about the difference and why they still cruise with P&O.

Edited by majortom10

Just back from 2 weeks on Aurora and they were pushing this hard. We must have had 3 flyers delivered to the cabin over the 2 weeks plus mentions on the tannoy and in Horizon.

Me thinks P&O are a little concerned about filling those 3000 extra berths/week next year...

Can't believe that it would take you more than a year to book a cruise Pat;)

You are correct Phil I wouldn't, however,unfortunately it has actually happened to one of our friends. They purchased the FCD in July last year giving them till July this year to book another cruise. in between July 2013 and this week they have been on several 'saver fare cruises' which they could not use the FCD :mad: now its too late to use the FCD. Last night they were talking about booking Britannia for Nov 2015 on a select fare and hopefully still early enough to ensure that they get a flight back to our local airport and that is when they realised that they had not used up there FCD.:eek:Expired 25th July. What a pity. Guess I will have to get them another FCD when I am on the ship in October or just book the cruise onboard and that will ensure that they get there extra OBC. By the way you know our friends. Hopefully, if you join us on Britannia they will tell you all about it.

You are correct Phil I wouldn't, however,unfortunately it has actually happened to one of our friends. They purchased the FCD in July last year giving them till July this year to book another cruise. in between July 2013 and this week they have been on several 'saver fare cruises' which they could not use the FCD :mad: now its too late to use the FCD. Last night they were talking about booking Britannia for Nov 2015 on a select fare and hopefully still early enough to ensure that they get a flight back to our local airport and that is when they realised that they had not used up there FCD.:eek:Expired 25th July. What a pity. Guess I will have to get them another FCD when I am on the ship in October or just book the cruise onboard and that will ensure that they get there extra OBC. By the way you know our friends. Hopefully, if you join us on Britannia they will tell you all about it.

I am glad this thread is here as it has reminded me to buy some on Oceana for 2016. It does seem a shame for your friends especially as they intend to book something on a select fare. I suppose it reminds us to keep the dates in mind. Like noting when your passport runs out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's a very inflexible system designed to attract the people who, for one reason or another have to pay the higher select fare. Its not worth other people buying one, as you can save more than the £100 it costs and the OBC given by booking a late saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

I think you can use it again an Early Saver Fare but not a Saver Fare.

We took one out with Cunard and booked a cruise with them, then decided we wanted to change to p&O. I was very surprised when they not only allowed us to transfer the booking for the usual admin fee, they allowed the future cruise deposit to be used as well and also let us have the on board credit associated with it. Was very kind of them. Due to the fact that when we transferred the cruise it was under the old Vantage system, when they changed everything over to select fares and the price dropped for new bookings we got the difference in OBC added too. With my shareholder OBC, we now have £1,000 OBC for our Azura cruise...that should pay my bar bill at least...not sure about hubby's though ;)

Its not worth other people buying one, as you can save more than the £100 it costs and the OBC given by booking a late saver.

There is actually no cost as the money you pay for it goes towards your deposit. There is the gain of additional OBC paid out.

I agree you have to be careful as they cannot be used for saver fares.

Brian

We took one out with Cunard and booked a cruise with them, then decided we wanted to change to p&O. I was very surprised when they not only allowed us to transfer the booking for the usual admin fee, they allowed the future cruise deposit to be used as well and also let us have the on board credit associated with it. Was very kind of them. Due to the fact that when we transferred the cruise it was under the old Vantage system, when they changed everything over to select fares and the price dropped for new bookings we got the difference in OBC added too. With my shareholder OBC, we now have £1,000 OBC for our Azura cruise...that should pay my bar bill at least...not sure about hubby's though ;)

I have to say, I do think P&O have become more customer friendly since the new guy took over from Carol Marlow. Customer services seem more flexible in their approach and as the same people deal with Cunard, it's good to see common sense prevailing.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

Sorry you are most definitely wrong in what you say MM.

Once again you get it wrong.

There is no way that is enough for your bar bill. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's excellent news! The more flexibility built into a system will increase consumer confidence. I know lots if people didn't buy these FCDs because they were very restricted in the past. It seems to me this new guy at P&O has a common sense approach.

Just back from fjords on Azura. The FCD can be used against Select and Early Saver fares.

Early saver yes but not saver fare. An early saver fare becomes a saver fare near to departure date. Very confusing.

Brian