Civitavecchia to Rome Airport transfer?

Dame Delilah

We always use a private transfer, Romecabs.com vs cruise line transfer. Generally from the time we leave the port til we get to the airport about 45 minutes to an hour.

If we are returning back to the USA directly, we like to plan at least 3 hours to go thru security at the airport. The terminal handling USA flights also handles flights to Israel, Terminal 5. It involves 3 separate sets of security clearances... you may get through in 2 hours but to play it safe we like to have extra time because we are seniors and can not sprint through the airport. Extra time allows for crowding do to lots of folks flying too.

We have allowed extra time and then had flight delays, so did not really need it but one never knows.

If you are flying thru another European airport, from Rome, you will not go through Terminal 5. Less security for local European flights.

You might want to ask Celebrity what is the earliest time they recommend you book a flight...

We just returned from a Med cruise that ended in Rome and without a doubt a private car from Romecabs is the best way to go. The price was 130 Euro and our driver was waiting for us at the end of the white tent and we were at the airport in 45 minutes. We did express walk off and we were at the airport by 8:00 for our 11:15 flight. We had plenty of time but given all of the checks at terminal 5 at Rome's airport I would not have been comfortable getting to the airport any later than 3 hours prior to our flight. There are several opportunities for long lines at terminal 5. First there is a check-in and passport check just to enter the terminal. Second a line for your airline check in. Third there is a line for security screening, Fourth, there is another line for another passport check. Fifth there is a line to take the shuttle bus to the actual terminal for your aircraft. All of these lines have the potential to be very long at peak periods. Romecabs has a lot of good reviews on CC and they were great. Forget the transfer and get a private car. If there are more than 2 of you in your group the private car will likely be cheaper.

Plan on the drive taking one hour although it might take a little less time than that.

Arrive to the airport at least 2 hours before the flight but if it was me I like more cushion as FCO can be a chaotic airport.

We use a private transfer company.

If you would like their name let me know.

Keith

We flew out of Rome in May, and in my opinion, a private car company is the way to go. Celebrity will charge you $92 per person for the transfer, and as mentioned above, you'll have to cope with waits to fill up a bus, loading and unloading luggage. 130 euros for a private, air conditioned Mercedes sedan is about the same money, and MUCH more comfortable and efficient. If you're asking about timing, we had a 11:50 flight and had plenty of time, but I wouldn't schedule too much earlier than than, FCO is a large airport with long security and check in lines, and a good distance to get to your gate. By the way, we have used Rome Cabs for several transfers and can't recommend them highly enough.

Plan on the drive taking one hour although it might take a little less time than that.

Arrive to the airport at least 2 hours before the flight but if it was me I like more cushion as FCO can be a chaotic airport.

We use a private transfer company.

If you would like their name let me know.

Keith

Can you please give me the name/company that you used?

Laryzzzz at yahoo .com

I have used Rome Shuttle Limo http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/ many times from Rome hotel to port and vice versa. I can highly recommend them as well. Just be aware that they do require a deposit as they don't want to send a driver all the way to the port only to find you aren't there. There is no deposit requirement if you are going from Rome to the port. I definitely would not use the cruise line's transfer!

My first, last, and only Celebrity transfer was this past December; the price was $92. That equated to roughly 66€. With two people, romecabs is actually cheaper. You could also consider a shared shuttle (up to 6 pax) with bobslimos which is what I'm choosing now. The Celebrity transfer was the only unpleasant part of what turned out to be my all-time favorite cruise. They use 52 pax buses and fill every single seat. I won't ever take one again. If you're going TO the airport, your luggage gets there ahead of you so you still have to collect that, too.